Author Topic: DUmpmonkeys are finally talking about the three cnn guys that resigned  (Read 4932 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

The OP is just a C&P of the article.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10141808261

But this tard is calling that Dan Rather lie a SNAFU instead of what it actually was "made up FAKE news".   :thatsright:

Star Member TexasBushwhacker (9,082 posts)
1. Damn. That's a shame

But just because it doesn't meet CNN's reporting standards doesn't make it false. It reminds me of Dan Rather and that SNAFU.
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
It was not because it failed CNN publishing standards because CNN has no publishing standards. The fact that it was false made it false and that is why they quit... they knew it was false but published anyway.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
Is he referring to the "FAKE" but "ACCURATE" reporting on President Bush?

I guess it was an accurate LIE.....
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline SVPete

IIRC, Rather's initial report claimed the documents had been "authenticated". He knew the documents they had were photocopies, which means authentication is intrinsically impossible: the paper cannot be tested for authenticity; the ink can't be tested for authenticity; the letters can't be examined to be sure a typewriter (= ribbon rather than a printing press, inkjet, or laser printer) was used. Just off the top of my head. Rather could not have been so stupid as not to know he lied when he said that.

Of course, being a photocopy (of a photocopy, of a photocopy, of a photocopy, ...of a photocopy, of a photocopy, ...) was the least of the problems with that fauxny "memo".

CNN is playing this close to the vest, and, predictably, the rest of the MSM aren't interested in how it played out, since Trump "benefited". My wild-ass speculation:

* CNN's people ran with a sole- and annoymorous-sourced story, bypassing some processes because it was such a hot "gotcha";

* The Trump supporter and/or the Russian investment group quietly called CNN and pointed out one or more key easily provable falsehoods;

* The Trump supporter threatened to sue, based on those easily proved falsehoods;

* CNN backed down, throwing up an editorial processes and standards smokescreen for public consumption.

IMO, there is no way in Hades CNN would have withdrawn this story and apologized to one of its prime targets except under threat of a very expensive and embarrassing (Can you say, "Discovery"?) lawsuit. CNN, like the rest of the MSM, are too arrogant and self-righteous.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline tuolumnejim

I wonder if the new video from James O'Keefe is going to make it to the DUmp? He get's an actual CNN producer to admit all their Trump Russia stuff is lacking of any proof.  :lmao:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdP8TiKY8dE[/youtube]
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline SVPete

I wonder if the new video from James O'Keefe is going to make it to the DUmp? He get's an actual CNN producer to admit all their Trump Russia stuff is lacking of any proof.  :lmao:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdP8TiKY8dE[/youtube]

Reich-Wing Source

Felon

Selectively edited

They'll dismiss the video(s) with all the usual fallacies and falsehoods.

I wonder if this is going to be another Our-Daily-Video-Release campaign. O'Keefe usually has multiple videos lined up for progressive release to keep the targets wondering what comes next and keep the apologists making increasingly implausible excuses.

Were the MSM really competitors and ideologically diverse, CNN would probably be battling for its existence. But the other alphabet soup networks will be attacking O'Keefe and defending CNN.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:13:37 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DUmpDiver

If it weren't for fake news CNN would be on for 24 minutes each day, not 24 hours.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
If it weren't for fake news CNN would be on for 24 minutes each day, not 24 hours.
Including commercial breaks....
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
DUmmies always ignore or deflect things that don't fit their insane narrative.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
The CNN Song

Gloom, despair, and agony on me.
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for fake news we'd have no news at all
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

It doesn't matter to the libs that it is fake, they have pushed it to far to go back. :argh:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

IIRC, Rather's initial report claimed the documents had been "authenticated". He knew the documents they had were photocopies, which means authentication is intrinsically impossible: the paper cannot be tested for authenticity; the ink can't be tested for authenticity; the letters can't be examined to be sure a typewriter (= ribbon rather than a printing press, inkjet, or laser printer) was used. Just off the top of my head. Rather could not have been so stupid as not to know he lied when he said that.

Of course, being a photocopy (of a photocopy, of a photocopy, of a photocopy, ...of a photocopy, of a photocopy, ...) was the least of the problems with that fauxny "memo".

CNN is playing this close to the vest, and, predictably, the rest of the MSM aren't interested in how it played out, since Trump "benefited". My wild-ass speculation:

* CNN's people ran with a sole- and annoymorous-sourced story, bypassing some processes because it was such a hot "gotcha";

* The Trump supporter and/or the Russian investment group quietly called CNN and pointed out one or more key easily provable falsehoods;

* The Trump supporter threatened to sue, based on those easily proved falsehoods;

* CNN backed down, throwing up an editorial processes and standards smokescreen for public consumption.

IMO, there is no way in Hades CNN would have withdrawn this story and apologized to one of its prime targets except under threat of a very expensive and embarrassing (Can you say, "Discovery"?) lawsuit. CNN, like the rest of the MSM, are too arrogant and self-righteous.

IIRC the whole thing came  unraveled when LGF (Before the guy running it went nuts and switched to Crazy Street) pointed out the Rather letters were done in a proportional type, while any authentic document would have been done on an IBM Selectric which was totally incapable of proportional spacing...a glaringly obvious problem once it was pointed out that demonstrated the documents couldn't possibly be genuine.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline freedumb2003b

It was not because it failed CNN publishing standards because CNN has no publishing standards. The fact that it was false made it false and that is why they quit... they knew it was false but published anyway.

They did NOT "quit."  They were fired and allowed to call it "quitting" so they could ply their evil at another fake news cite like msnbs.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline tuolumnejim

Sarah Huckabee-Sanders Encourages 'All to Watch' New CNN Video
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 06:05:16 PM »
James O'Keefe posted another one today.  :-)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOLIt5rG73k[/youtube]

Thomas Jefferson

Offline SVPete

Re: Sarah Huckabee-Sanders Encourages 'All to Watch' New CNN Video
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 07:18:18 PM »
James O'Keefe posted another one today.  :-)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOLIt5rG73k[/youtube]

That's O'Keefe's MO: release a little; let the apologists for the target shoot their mouths off; release more every day to show there's more; make the apologists look foolish by piling on evidence; keep the target in shell shock. CNN should have started asking its peeps if there might be more when O'K released the first video, but if they didn't they be doing it now. CNN might be in for a week or two of their bias-laundry being hung out for all to see.

Offline Adam Wood

I have absolutely no doubt that this is what happened.  I'm quite certain that Scaramuchi (sp? Whatever his name is, anyway) had his attorney send a letter to CNN explaining that they could retract the story and MAYBE not get sued into the gutter in a Georgia court that would be rather friendly to the conservative point of view.  CNN then retracted and fired the folks involved in hopes that if it came down to arbitration over a settlement, they would be able to say that they fired those responsible right away.

Palin, much to her credit, went the opposite way and just filed a gigantic-ass suit against the NYT, and they're going to have a very hard time not offering up a really fat settlement.  If I were her, I would demand that they run a full-front-page retraction explaining that they are so thoroughly biased that they intentionally ran the Giffords lie yet again because they are hopelessly Leftist and cannot be trusted as a source of news.  Offer that they can do that instead of a $100M settlement and see which one they take.

Offline Adam Wood

IIRC the whole thing came  unraveled when LGF (Before the guy running it went nuts and switched to Crazy Street) pointed out the Rather letters were done in a proportional type, while any authentic document would have been done on an IBM Selectric which was totally incapable of proportional spacing...a glaringly obvious problem once it was pointed out that demonstrated the documents couldn't possibly be genuine.
LGF actually picked that up from FR.  Nonkultur pointed it out first and it wound up spreading like wildfire, but I think that Nonk was also a member at LGF at that time, so they sort of "claim" him as their own for that.

Unfortunately, Nonk has (had?) some pretty crippling mental health issues for which he was very heavily medicated and the last time I talked with him he was completely home-bound in Melbourne, Florida.  The meds that he had to take were giving him severe Parkinsonian-like tremors and it was getting nearly impossible for him to type or even to do things like feed himself.  Very sad.  I haven't talked to him since the early days of NU, probably ten years ago or more.  I don't know if he's even still alive, unfortunately.  A shame.  He really was a great guy with a fantastic sense of humor before the meds started ruining him.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
LGF actually picked that up from FR.  Nonkultur pointed it out first and it wound up spreading like wildfire, but I think that Nonk was also a member at LGF at that time, so they sort of "claim" him as their own for that.

Unfortunately, Nonk has (had?) some pretty crippling mental health issues for which he was very heavily medicated and the last time I talked with him he was completely home-bound in Melbourne, Florida.  The meds that he had to take were giving him severe Parkinsonian-like tremors and it was getting nearly impossible for him to type or even to do things like feed himself.  Very sad.  I haven't talked to him since the early days of NU, probably ten years ago or more.  I don't know if he's even still alive, unfortunately.  A shame.  He really was a great guy with a fantastic sense of humor before the meds started ruining him.

Whoa, you remember him too.

Good guy, nonkultur.  Sterling.

I knew him from our old home.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Adam Wood

Whoa, you remember him too.

Good guy, nonkultur.  Sterling.

I knew him from our old home.
Absolutely.  I miss him.

Offline SVPete

Your posts about LGF - I remember them being early in exposing Rather-Mapes - made me curious to see if they're still around. They are, and are full-MesSNBC-MadCow. Sad, but not unprecedented.

Long, long ago, in the late 20th Century, CapitolHillBlue and its discussion board "ReaderRant" was conservative-libertarian. Somewhere in the 2001-2003 time frame (I left in early 2001, with quite a few other conservatives, and never went back) RR went through an ideological population shift to full-on Prog and Christian-bashing, and the owner Doug Thompson went full-BDS (claiming to recognize that Bush was "off the wagon" and drinking again was a staple). I just looked over RR. Looks like it gets all of 5-10 posts a day on the whole site, if that many. And Doug is deeply imbibing the TDS koolaid and become a TDS pusher (I think he's in his early 80s, so I'll just leave it there where he's concerned). Sad.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
The CNN Song

Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for fake news we'd have no news at all

:lmao: Buck and Roy would approve. :thumbs:
:hi5:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Old n Grumpy

In the liberal mind just because it is false doesn't mean it is not true. :mental: :mental: :mental:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!