Author Topic: Widder (as in "Widow") Nan remembers last summer  (Read 2393 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Widder (as in "Widow") Nan remembers last summer
« on: June 25, 2017, 07:23:08 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029250305

Oh my.

NanceGreggs (22,567 posts)     Sun Jun 25, 2017, 12:44 AM

Suddenly Last Summer

I’ve taken some flack for dismissing Republican voters as irredeemable idiots. I’ve been told that they are simply misguided, ill-informed, politically naive citizens who were inadvertently led astray.

Here’s what it really comes down to ...

In November 2016, not only did Republicans vote against their own interests, they voted against the “good Christian principles” they’ve been touting for decades. The same people who decried Michelle Obama’s inappropriate behaviour for wearing sleeveless dresses (Oh my!!!) suddenly had no problem with a First Lady whose nude photos are all over the internet.

Republican “church-goers” suddenly decided that Trump’s lack of church attendance was irrelevant, and that his *****-grabbing remarks were simply good, clean, locker-room fun. The “religious right” suddenly determined that a thrice-married, self-proclaimed serial adulterer was an outstanding model of those “good Christian family values” they have longed-for in a president – hallelujah, amen.

The so-called “Christian leaders” that Republicans adore – the ones who berated Hillary for keeping her marriage together despite her husband’s infidelities – suddenly decided that a man who bragged endlessly about his (alleged) sexual conquests during his many marriages was “chosen by God to lead the nation”.

The Republican staunch patriots, who have always prided themselves on being champions of the middle-class, suddenly determined that a man who was involved in hundreds of lawsuits for cheating hard-working Americans out of their compensation for materials delivered and work done was a shining example of honest entrepreneurship – not to mention being great POTUS material.

The GOP adherents, who never fail to boast of their unimpeachable honesty and integrity, suddenly realized that a proven liar was really just a misunderstood model citizen prone to inadvertently mis-stating facts – repeatedly. And again. And yet again.

The truth is that the minute Trump called all Mexicans drug-smuggling rapists, all Muslims terrorists, all blacks inherently lazy, and openly mocked the disabled, he won the hearts (and votes) of every hypocritical “Christian”, every bigot, every racist, every misogynist in the country. Sadly, there are a lot of them – and we now know who they are.

So spare me the excuses. Spare me the “but, but, buts”. Spare me the “I’m NOT a racist or a bigot” comments that end in “but I voted to put a racist/bigot in the White House anyway”.

Stop telling me that Republican voters are good people who were led astray. They have the same access to facts that everyone else has – but they chose to get their “facts” from FOX-News, Rush Limbaugh, and Alex Jones. They chose to ignore the hundreds of times Trump’s lies were invariably exposed.

More to the point, they chose to completely abandon every virtue they ever laid claim to, every principle they ever boasted about, every value they proudly bragged made them superior to we “godless liberals”.

Those who voted for Trump are NOT to be excused as poor misguided, American patriots who were – suddenly, last summer – led astray by a fast-talking snake-oil salesman who showed up in town with snappy songs and dance numbers that dazzled the shit out of their collective ass.

They were led to vote for a racist, misogynistic, *****-grabbing bigot because he represents everything they believe in, and everything they admire – and everything they are just too spineless to admit to. 

Sigh.  Nobody cares, Nan.

You know, it's been a while since Widder Nan's hopped around in the sack with someone; I wonder if that would help her.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
Re: Widder (as in "Widow") Nan remembers last summer
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 07:54:15 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029250305

Oh my.

Sigh.  Nobody cares, Nan.

You know, it's been a while since Widder Nan's hopped around in the sack with someone; I wonder if that would help her.

:lol: :lol:  I don't know if the world distills enough alcohol, or prints enough money for anyone to do that!  :tongue:
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 08:03:22 AM »
:lol: :lol:  I don't know if the world distills enough alcohol, or prints enough money for anyone to do that!  :tongue:

Man up, buddy... take one for the team.
 :rotf:

Offline Delmar

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 08:44:52 AM »
Stupid old cow.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 08:57:41 AM »
The things she mentioned pale in comparison to the democrat's overwhelming desire to kill innocent babies for any reason.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 10:12:58 AM »
The things she mentioned pale in comparison to the democrat's overwhelming desire to kill innocent babies for any reason.

They always forget that, don't they?

I suppose many of them believe that abortion is a settled matter, but nothing in life or this world is a "settled" matter.  You and I probably won't live long enough to see it, but I'm pretty sure that at some time society's going to decide it's not such a good idea to murder its youngest.

History goes against them.  Too bad for the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 10:41:02 AM »
corn is on sale at walmart for .20 an ear. she could get a cheap thrill there. :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 10:53:31 AM »
Here's what it comes down to, Rs and conservative disagree with her worldview and are therefore stupid and evil, in her world.  :yawn:

BTW, I believe the word is spelled F L A K.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 04:41:46 PM »
"Republican “church-goers” suddenly decided that Trump’s lack of church attendance was irrelevant, and that his *****-grabbing remarks were simply good, clean, locker-room fun. The “religious right” suddenly determined that a thrice-married, self-proclaimed serial adulterer was an outstanding model of those “good Christian family values” they have longed-for in a president – hallelujah, amen."

1) His "******- grabbing remarks" were made way back in 2005. Furthermore, nobody, including Christians, like Trump for having made such comments.
2) Trump may have been a crude jerk, but most Christians, myself included, would rather have a crude jerk than someone like Hillary who is openly opposed to the Christian faith, and would have undoubtedly pushed anti- Christian legislation. At a women's conference not long before she started her 2016 campaign, she loudly stated that people's religious beliefs "Have to be changed" in order to advance her rabidly pro- abortion agenda. Her infamous "Basket of Deplorables" speech was a clear insult to Christians, considering it took place at a New York LGBT event and included her specifically referring to those "Deplorables" as both "Homophobic" and "Islamophobic". Also, the very day before she delivered that speech, her buddy Martin Castro made the statement that "The phrases ‘religious liberty’ and ‘religious freedom’ … remain code words for discrimination, intolerance, racism, sexism, homophobia, Islamophobia, Christian supremacy or any form of intolerance.” Again, Christians generally would be more comfortable with a president who has said crude things and has a less- than- savory personal life than a president who openly insulted their beliefs and would seek to "Change" them in order to force Christians by law to act against the teachings of their faith and basic dictates of their consciences.
3) Even leaving aside her rampant Christophobia,the Hildabeest's rampant corruption and dishonesty aren't exactly consistent with Christian values either.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 06:18:31 PM »
Republican “church-goers” suddenly decided that Trump’s lack of church attendance was irrelevant, and that his *****-grabbing remarks were simply good, clean, locker-room fun. The “religious right” suddenly determined that a thrice-married, self-proclaimed serial adulterer was an outstanding model of those “good Christian family values” they have longed-for in a president – hallelujah, amen.

This is probably too far distant from NG's perception of the world, but as much as there is to dislike in Trump's past (Melania seems to have "tamed" him), Hillary's past - from getting booted from the Watergate committee staff for ethical problems, through threatening to defend a rapist by forcing the victim to go through a psych evaluation, through lying about Bill's philandering, through attacking Bill's victims, through her financial corruption, through her compromising security in the process of evading accountability and government records laws, through colluding with the DNC to load the primary dice against The Bern (pant, pant, pant ...) - is vastly worse! That is the reason so many Evangelical and other theologically conservative Christians voted for Trump.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 07:22:44 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 09:17:27 PM »
NanceGreggs (22,567 posts)     Sun Jun 25, 2017, 12:44 AM

Suddenly Last Summer

I’ve taken some flack for dismissing Republican voters as irredeemable idiots. I’ve been told that they are simply misguided, ill-informed, politically naive citizens who were inadvertently led astray.

Here’s what it really comes down to ...

In November 2016, not only did Republicans vote against their own interests,
<blah blah blah>

Not only did I vote against your best interest I voted for my best interest.  Seems like a whole lot of other people did the same.

BTW... what do you call a presidential candidate that does not win the electoral vote but wins the popular vote?  Hillary Clinton the Loser!
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 10:25:36 PM »
Man up, buddy... take one for the team.
 :rotf:

Nope, not even with Stevenumbers junk.  :-)
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown