Author Topic: The internet is forever: DUmpass claims 7 figures on the way  (Read 5038 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Since self-deleted post  https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029247857

Too bad google is always on the job:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:F6fUQBcHDtAJ:https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029247857+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Garion_55 (1,126 posts)

So im involved in my first lawsuit. what do you think so far?

in the age of trump we should all be suing someone somewhere because hard honest work doesnt mean shit anymore apparently. its a new age.

That said, a family member of mine walked into a hospital a year ago complaining of chronic head and spine and nerve damage pain and threatened suicide.

The hospital knew them as a long term patient suffering from chronic pain resulting from an injury suffered many years earlier. (trying to keep this as vague as possible)

The hospital imposed an involuntary hold on that person that night fearing they might harm themselves. A 72 hour psych evaluation.

Plans were made to move that person to another facility for treatment and observation as the hospital in question did not have any available beds in the psych ward.

At some point my family member slipped out of the custody of the hospital, drove home and proceeded to end their life.

Their body was found a week later.

One of the things that the family member had on them at the end was a copy of the psych ward hold. There is zero argument that the hold was initiated, that the hospital should have detained them and that the family member escaped their custody.

The hospital did not take their belongings from them (keys, wallet, phone), did not put them in a locked room, did not put a guard on them to watch them till the transfer happened. They did nothing at all to make sure that the person could not leave the hospital after the hold was initiated.

Now comes the interesting part.

A lawsuit was initiated on behalf of the family against the hospital.

The medical records show that The hospital claims that the patient left the hospital before the staff was able to start the psych hold.

The medical records show that the family member ran out of the hospital before the staff could start the hold. So there was no hold.

That was a lie.

The staff did start the hold, looked at the family members' current state of being, decided to move them to a psych ward and handed the family member a copy of the paperwork stating all of that. We have a physical copy of that hold.

Someone falsified the medical records and wrote that there was no hold ever imposed. That the family member left voluntarily before any hold.

So now not only does the family have a case against the hospital for letting that family member escape their custody, there is also a case against them for creating bogus medical records in an attempt to keep the hospital and its staff free from any litigation for their negligence.

Considering the age of this family member, possible future earnings to their estate lost and the willful behavior of the staff to try to cover this up, the possible settlement of this case could reach up to a high 6 figure number. maybe even 7 figures.

should be an interesting conclusion to this story. stay tuned lol

Rockhead knows all about anonymity:
Response to Garion_55 (Original post)Sat Jun 24, 2017, 11:55 AM
Star Member MineralMan (95,353 posts)
2. Your attorney will probably work toward a settlement with

the hospital and its insurers. Once an offer is made, the attorney will try to raise the ante. When the attorney advises you that he has probably negotiated the best possible settlement, you'll have another decision to make.

In the meantime, you should probably refrain from talking about the case too much. You could inadvertently screw it up. You're probably not as anonymous on the Internet as you suppose you are.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: The internet is forever: DUmpass claims 7 figures on the way
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 01:10:00 PM »
You're probably not as anonymous on the Internet as you suppose you are.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 01:25:43 PM »
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I knew of all people, you'd get a kick out of that Frank...  hehe

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 01:35:30 PM »
Someone related to a DUmmy in a psych ward?  I'm shocked!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 01:45:03 PM »
Considering the age of this family member, possible future earnings to their estate lost and the willful behavior of the staff to try to cover this up, the possible settlement of this case could reach up to a high 6 figure number. maybe even 7 figures.

He was related to a DUmmie. His future earnings were limited to welfare and gofundme fundraisers.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 02:12:42 PM »
He was related to a DUmmie. His future earnings were limited to welfare and gofundme fundraisers.

So considering that after attorneys fees the settlement will probably not be enough for a bag of weed and a pack of twinkies.  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Delmar

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 03:33:13 PM »

LOL means laughing out loud.  Primitive ends a story about a family member committing suicide with LOL.  LOL means laughing out loud, you stupid shitgibbon.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 04:06:05 PM »
LOL means laughing out loud.  Primitive ends a story about a family member committing suicide with LOL.  LOL means laughing out loud, you stupid shitgibbon.

He is laughing because he is counting his share of the settlement. The relative that offed himself was just a useless whacko anyway. That's how he sees it
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 04:45:15 PM »
"in the age of trump we should all be suing someone somewhere because hard honest work doesnt mean shit anymore apparently."

Thank Obama for that. He taught Americans that doing hard honest work is for suckers, and that they should instead rely on a multitude of free handouts from Big Daddy Gummint (i.e. under Obama, the number of Americans on food stamps reached a record high).

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 04:49:49 PM »
Response to Lochloosa (Reply #5)Sat Jun 24, 2017, 12:19 PM
Garion_55 (1,130 posts)
11. They have no issue with it at this point

The lawsuit has already been filed and is already a matter of public record and considering where it stands now, public exposure can only boost the case against the hospital.

But even with that I am still keeping it vague enough that no one could track down this case based on what i have posted and even if they did it wont change the facts in this case.

:stoner:

Well, in that case Andrew:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Missing-Cupertino-man-has-medical-problems-6662019.php

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 05:00:57 PM »
:stoner:

Well, in that case Andrew:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Missing-Cupertino-man-has-medical-problems-6662019.php

“His last five calls on his phone were all to medical providers,” Lowenstein said. “I don’t think anyone knew how bad it was.”

Addicted to painkillers and doctor shopping? :whistling:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 05:59:52 PM »
Da-da-dah-da-da-dah.

La-la-lah-la-la-lah.

comment 3556:
https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php/topic,81827.3550.html
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 06:26:13 PM »
I would have to say that I don't believe Terrence and Andrew would have occupied the same brain activity wavelength. Terrence was actually a fairly accomplished (or at least long-time employed) as a computer security technician, based upon his LinkedIn page. I would assume that Terrence was probably a screaming commie pinko liberal based upon his work environment, but stupid he wasn't. Just medically challenged.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/terrencephilben/

"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 06:28:50 PM »

I can already tell you Dummy -- the story ends with YOU LOSING.

1) Assuming all you say is true AND CAN BE PROVEN IN COURT (it isn't and you can't) you have to prove profound negligence, not just a screw-up.  If the person was able to slip away as you say then that is on the person, not the authorities. 

2) Assuming the lawyer can SOMEHOW win anyway (he/show won't), the award is almost always based on the earning power of the person an what he/she would have made had he/she stayed alive.   I suspect your burger-flipping daddy didn't make much and didn't have many years left.

3) Assuming your family wins and gets more then the $1.76 your pappy is worth, you are not in line for anything. Adults -- even ones who live in mommy and daddy's basement and stay on their health care -- who are not legal minor dependents or spouses don't get squat.

IOW:

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 06:31:57 PM by freedumb2003b »
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 07:50:47 PM »
I can already tell you Dummy -- the story ends with YOU LOSING.

1) Assuming all you say is true AND CAN BE PROVEN IN COURT (it isn't and you can't) you have to prove profound negligence, not just a screw-up.  If the person was able to slip away as you say then that is on the person, not the authorities. 

2) Assuming the lawyer can SOMEHOW win anyway (he/show won't), the award is almost always based on the earning power of the person an what he/she would have made had he/she stayed alive.   I suspect your burger-flipping daddy didn't make much and didn't have many years left.

3) Assuming your family wins and gets more then the $1.76 your pappy is worth, you are not in line for anything. Adults -- even ones who live in mommy and daddy's basement and stay on their health care -- who are not legal minor dependents or spouses don't get squat.

IOW:

One word: shakedown. Their hope is to convince the hospital that settling will be cheaper than fighting.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 12:23:36 AM »
(trying to keep this as vague as possible)

Well, that didn't work out so well, now did it?  LOL. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 01:04:24 AM »
Whether the hold was ever imposed is a matter of perspective, not a lie.  The paperwork was apparently done, and so the Plaintiff can claim it technically existed, but the hospital is not lying when it says no hold existed because the crazy SOB skedaddled before they could execute the physical protocols for the hold, hence it never existed in fact from their point of view.

Hospital's Insurance company will most likely settle, probably for between one and two hundred grand depending on their policy limits, and the attorney will get 30-40 percent of it skimmed right off the top before any expenses like experts, consulting docs, and deposition costs get paid out of the pot, so half of it will disappear before the DUmmy freeloaders ever see a dime.  If the patient was as hosed up as the DUmmie claims, I find it hard to believe he had titanic future earning potential, aside from disability benefits.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 07:06:06 AM »
Okay, so maybe I'm stupid or something.

Whatever.

Isn't this guy, at 49-50 years of age, a little too old to be fooling around with dope?

I mean, most of us outgrew that stuff about the time we were half his age.

Don't primitives ever grow up?

I know, I know.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 09:00:27 AM »
Okay, so maybe I'm stupid or something.

Whatever.

Isn't this guy, at 49-50 years of age, a little too old to be fooling around with dope?

I mean, most of us outgrew that stuff about the time we were half his age.

Don't primitives ever grow up?

I know, I know.....

I work with a guy that is retiring next year when he turns 60. His first big vacation after retiring is to go to some state where pot is legal and spend a couple of weeks getting high. ( He failed a drug test about 3 years ago)

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2017, 09:47:22 AM »
I work with a guy that is retiring next year when he turns 60. His first big vacation after retiring is to go to some state where pot is legal and spend a couple of weeks getting high. ( He failed a drug test about 3 years ago)

The utter pointlessness of it. 

Sounds like the drug will be using him, rather than vice-versa.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2017, 11:08:35 AM »
Ummmmm did this DU-shakedown-artist-wannabe mention that this all happened a year before Trump was elected President? So if any President had any relevance to what the hospital did, it was Obama. I don't think Obama was relevant, but this is the age of OhBummerCare.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.