Author Topic: CA Dem Speaker killed his own partys plan for single-payer health care scam  (Read 4605 times)

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive

Would think this would be a hot topic for the gimmie crowd but apparently they have bigger fish to fry.

Sat Jun 24, 2017, 02:18 AM

bluestateboomer (370 posts)

California Democratic Speaker killed his own partys plan for single-payer healthcare

Source: Raw Story

Hopes of single payer supporters across the country were dashed Friday night when the Democratic Speaker of the California legislature killed a single payer health insurance reform bill by written by California Democrats.

California Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon announced Friday afternoon that he was “hold” on the bill to bring universal, single-payer health care to the most populous state, effectively killing the bill for at least the rest of 2017.

“I have decided SB 562 will remain in the Assembly Rules Committee until further notice,” Rendon said in a statement.

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/california-democratic-speaker-killed-his-own-partys-plan-for-single-payer-healthcare/

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10141806363

Any figures on just how many people in CA will die as a result of this non-action by CA dems?

Response to bluestateboomer (Original post)

Sat Jun 24, 2017, 02:55 AM

Star Member blue-wave (343 posts)

4. I don't get it

His wiki page says that he was raised in a lower middle class family and he allegedly benefited from social safety net programs. His family obviously struggled to make ends meet when he was growing up. Why would he deny others health care?

Dems voting against his own best interests.

Response to blue-wave (Reply #4)

Sat Jun 24, 2017, 03:03 AM

shanti (18,292 posts)

5. Follow the money n/t

Or lack thereof.

Sat Jun 24, 2017, 03:16 AM

Crash2Parties (1,005 posts)

6. The rest of the story (statement from Speaker Rendon re: putting sb562 on hold)

Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon (D-Lakewood) released the following statement on health care:

“Yesterday, Republicans in the U.S. Senate released a cynical plan to repeal the Affordable Care Act, posing a real and immediate threat to millions of Californians who only have health coverage because of the ACA.

“Preparing California to meet this threat must be the top health care priority for the Legislature, Governor Brown, and organizations that advocate for increasing access to health care.

“As someone who has long been a supporter of single payer, I am encouraged by the conversation begun by Senate Bill 562.

“However, SB 562 was sent to the Assembly woefully incomplete. Even senators who voted for SB 562 noted there are potentially fatal flaws in the bill, including the fact it does not address many serious issues, such as financing, delivery of care, cost controls, or the realities of needed action by the Trump Administration and voters to make SB 562 a genuine piece of legislation......

BAM!

Sat Jun 24, 2017, 07:53 AM

IronLionZion (18,089 posts)

21. How long is this going to take?

Dems have been putting forth single payer plans since Truman in the 1940s. One would think they would have a good plan worked out by now. These opportunities don't come by very often.....

CA needs to start printing their own money.

"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Time to stage a "Die-In"?

How about right outside Gov. Moonbeam's office?
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Old n Grumpy

They had this all figured out except how to pay for it. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

They would have had to tax every worker 110%  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline 67 Rover

Sat Jun 24, 2017, 02:55 AM

Star Member blue-wave (343 posts)

4. I don't get it

His wiki page says that he was raised in a lower middle class family and he allegedly benefited from social safety net programs. His family obviously struggled to make ends meet when he was growing up. Why would he deny others health care?

Right now Obummer don't care is the law of the land and requires every single person to purchase health insurance, failure to do so results in a penalty in the form of a fine or imprisonment.  How is this Governor denying health care to others?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Cats

• Probationary (Probie)
Trying to help explain why this bill didn't pass, a dummy posts a statement from Speaker Rendon. Orleans (a dummy who is still confused) asks for more info., and all is answered.  :stoner:

Crash2Parties (1,005 posts)

:snip:

"Even senators who voted for SB 562 noted there are potentially fatal flaws in the bill, including the fact it does not address many serious issues, such as financing, delivery of care, cost controls, or the realities of needed action by the Trump Administration and voters to make SB 562 a genuine piece of legislation."

orleans (25,144 posts)

:snip:

12. am wondering what the line

"realities of needed action by the trump administration" means.

anyone?

Star Member msongs (43,930 posts)
13. CA expects to use billions in federal money to prop up its single payer - which repubs/trump may be

unwilling to allow

orleans (25,144 posts)
15. got it. thanks. n/t
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:43:27 PM by Cats »
"The first rule of cat avatar club is that you don't talk about cat avatar club." --Fumesucker

Offline SVPete

Somebody must've gotten through to Rendon that CA could not possibly afford government-paid health"care".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

Somebody must've gotten through to Rendon that CA could not possibly afford government-paid health"care".

Of course they can't. They have to pay for all those lawyers to protect illegal immigrants from deportation. Screw the citizens, the illegals are more important.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
“However, SB 562 was sent to the Assembly woefully incomplete. Even senators who voted for SB 562 noted there are potentially fatal flaws in the bill, including the fact it does not address many serious issues, such as financing, delivery of care, cost controls,

In other words it failed to address anything.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole

Why stage it? Make it real.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline SVPete

It's not Moonbeam's fault the Speaker had an unexpected moment of lucidity. Do it in the Capitol rotunda, where their moronicity is clear for the public to see.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DLR Pyro

"Even senators who voted for SB 562 noted there are potentially fatal flaws in the bill, including the fact it does not address many serious issues, such as financing,

yeah, financing the bill might be a slight problem...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

I'm surprised IL and PR are ahead of CA in this respect.

Offline SVPete

Offline Old n Grumpy

Financing it? WTF? it is FREE.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals

I propose a 10000% tax on recreational pot.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

From the article I linked above:

Anger over Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon’s decision to shelve universal health care legislation in California has boiled into aggressive protests and even violent rhetoric against the Democratic leader. Rendon said Wednesday that he and his family have experienced “distressing” death threats since announcing late last Friday that the “woefully incomplete” Senate Bill 562 would not move forward this year.

This is the politico-social atmosphere Ds, Libs, and Progs created. How they could not know they would soon turn it inward on someone not "Progressive" enough is more than I can understand. Hey Speaker Rendon! You all created this, so

:ownit:  :ownit:  :ownit:  :ownit:  :ownit:  :ownit:  :ownit:  :ownit:  :ownit:  :ownit: 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I propose a 10000% tax on recreational pot.

Now, that's an idea well worth considering.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Financing it? WTF? it is FREE.

But of course.    :rotf: :lmao:  :cheerleader2: :cheerleader:

Good for one. :hi5:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Adam Wood

It's not Moonbeam's fault the Speaker had an unexpected moment of lucidity. Do it in the Capitol rotunda, where their moronicity is clear for the public to see.
It's been quite a few years since I have been in Sacramento, but as memory serves, the road in front of the capitol building is a pretty high-traffic thoroughfare.

Seems like a good place for loony Leftists in California to go and lay down in the street to protest.

Offline SVPete

It's been quite a few years since I have been in Sacramento, but as memory serves, the road in front of the capitol building is a pretty high-traffic thoroughfare.

Seems like a good place for loony Leftists in California to go and lay down in the street to protest.

All the streets thereabouts are fairly busy, between the drones and normal people trying to get work done by the drones. But I think nearby I-5 or the Tower Bridge would be even better for games of Protester Red Rover.

Offline Old n Grumpy

The solution is simple, Pass the bill charge them all $2500.00 a year. Then send them a box of band aids and a bottle of aspirin.

Offline SVPete

... in Sacramento ... the road in front of the capitol building ...

Apropos of udderly nothing, I'm considering doing a half marathon whose course goes by the Capitol Building. It's called the Urban Cow Half Marathon. Two weeks earlier I'm planning on doing the Clo-Cow Half Marathon in Petaluma. Both have cow bell finisher's medals.