Author Topic: DUmmie's fiercely libtard friend Lisa and us hateful Republicans  (Read 6367 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
mreilly (1,733 posts)           https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029234689

Let me introduce you to my friend Lisa, whom the GOP would loathe
Lisa is a friend of mine in her mid-thirties who became pregnant almost 7 years ago, four years before I met her. She is fiercely liberal, self-sufficient, independent and Yale-educated (I threw in these last three terms to repudiate the Repig notions that liberal women are all dumb lazy takers).

As I got to know her, she confided a story to me. She had been pregnant with quadruplets. As in four. And she had some difficulties with her pregnancy which I won't get into, but suffice to say her PCP told her point blank somewhere in the third or fourth month:

"It's impossible for you to carry all four fetuses to term. All of them will die and you may die as well. Lisa, you HAVE to abort two of them. It's the only way to save the other two and yourself as well."

Lisa thought about it, got a second opinion, and concluded it had to be done. Two abortions took place and she lived to give birth to two beautiful twin daughters.

I see her daughters quite often since Lisa is a great friend of mine. And while I think it's unfortunate how fate worked out and four kids weren't born, I'm extremely grateful for the fact Lisa had the two girls - and survived as well. In fact, I can honestly state she is one of my best friends and my life has been made better by knowing her... and her daughters.

When I think about the cruel, heartless America the Repigs have in store for people like Lisa - where abortion is absolutely illegal across the board which a blind chimpanzee could see is their end goal - it's easy to see that in a similar scenario all four fetuses as well as the mother would perish.

Too bad. They don't care. That's "God's will." In their view, the heart-breaking decision Lisa had to make would be in their hands; a solid, resounding: "NO." "You will NOT. Life is sacred. You'd better just pray that all four of them make it along with yourself, and if you don't it's obviously your fault."

The filthy GOP way would have guaranteed Lisa's death along with all her offspring and I'd never have known her. Her daughters would never have seen the light of day.

Oh, because the GOP is so "pro-life."

Except when they're advocating frying people, gunning down suspicious black males, bombing the **** out of alleged enemies, and - if they had their way - mowing down "liberals" with machine guns. Which they WOULD do if given license to; you know it and so do I.

I'm a 45 year old married male with three kids who has had a vasectomy. I'll never be in a position again where my wife and I have to decide on something like that.

But we have a daughter.

And ******* you ****ing hateful Republicans, you will NEVER decide for my daughter what she can do with her body, up to and including saving her own life through her choices. NEVER.

Wish you had a vasectomy WAY before you produced.

smirkymonkey (23,269 posts)
1. Their hateful anti-choice agenda is ultimately about punishing women.

They could give a damn about "the sanctity of life". I hate these people with the fire of a thousand suns!

:-)   :bigbird:

Online Old n Grumpy

Re: DUmmie's fiercely libtard friend Lisa and us hateful Republicans
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 06:09:44 PM »
As I got to know her, she confided a story to me. She had been pregnant with quadruplets. As in four.

This guy is a mathematical genius!! :-) :-) :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 06:13:04 PM »

'I defied doctors who told me to abort two of my quads': Mum celebrates first birthday of her miracle babies

She was told the drastic procedure would give the other tots a better chance of survival but she told medics she had no intention of sacrificing any of them

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/mum-urged-abort-two-quadruplets-1743102

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 06:42:57 PM »
Very few conservatives are against a medically necessitated abortion. However, as posted in the example above, sometimes a mother's willpower will surpass what the doctors thought possible.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 06:45:37 PM »
Very few conservatives are against a medically necessitated abortion. However, as posted in the example above, sometimes a mother's willpower will surpass what the doctors thought possible.

If she had aborted all four she would be a hero with statues and all manner of accolades to the left in general and DU in particular.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:48:16 PM by freedumb2003b »
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 06:50:44 PM »
I threw in these last three terms to repudiate the Repig notions that liberal women are all dumb lazy takers

Being Yale educated merely means she has been expensively indoctrinated.  You offer no evidence of actual WORK.

You tossed those meaningless factoids but they don't make your point, idiot.

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 06:52:52 PM »
mreilly (1,733 posts)
... When I think about the cruel, heartless America the Repigs have in store for people like Lisa - where abortion is absolutely illegal across the board ...

Ordinarily, I'd call this out as a stupid straw man. The reason I don't is that I don't think he's been around enough real-life Pro-Life people (just 1 would suffice, actually, if he bothered to listen) to know this claim is false.

So I'll be nice and say that "mreilly" is ignorant of Pro-Lifers' view, possibly willfully ignorant. Rather common, actually. Did any better informed DU-member call out his ignorance?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 07:04:14 PM »
Wait, quad means four?

Just a deplorable caveman, don't do math or book learning. :-)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 07:09:36 PM »
Wait, quad means four?

We know the DUmmies have to be able to at least count to five now, because that's how many special elections there has been since Big Cheeto took office that they've lost. 

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 07:11:29 PM »
Wait, quad means four?

Yes, per the story, the woman was pregnant with 4, and did a selective abortion of 2. Taking the story purely at face value, I don't envy "Lisa" explaining that to the remaining two to whom she gave birth.

Selective abortions are sometimes done during the IVF process. Several embryos are introduced into the uterus to increase the chances of one implanting properly. Sometimes multiples do, and ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 07:14:25 PM »
Hmmm no mention of Daddy or what his thoughts were, maybe she does not know who the father is.  I wonder if she considered carrying them another month when it is possible to live outside the womb.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline hillneck

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 07:38:32 PM »
Rule Number 1:  DUmmies lie, DUmmies always lie.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 07:42:54 PM »
I have a question for the DUmmies, it has probably been asked before, and if I missed it I apologize.

DUmmies are always arguing that anyone who overrides a women's choice is _______ (fill in the blank).

What do DUmmies have to say when the fetus is a female?  What about her having the freedom and ability to choose what to do with her body, huh?

Like I said, the DUmpmonkeys have probably answered this before, but I would like to hear their pretzel logic.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 08:52:11 PM »
We know the DUmmies have to be able to at least count to five now, because that's how many special elections there has been since Big Cheeto took office that they've lost.

:rimshot:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 08:55:03 PM »
After Lisa is dead she'll find out where she went wrong.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 08:57:21 PM »
Hmmm no mention of Daddy or what his thoughts were, maybe she does not know who the father is.  I wonder if she considered carrying them another month when it is possible to live outside the womb.

Being a liberal (and thus easy) her quadruplets probably had 4 different fathers.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »
Wait, quad means four?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8YBuwmtzYE[/youtube]
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 10:42:12 PM »
Looks like a simple decision to me...

If there is a good chance your wife, daughter, loved one will die giving birth, do you terminate the pregnancy or play the odds?

I know WTF I would do.  Why make it political?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 07:18:41 AM »
Looks like a simple decision to me...

If there is a good chance your wife, daughter, loved one will die giving birth, do you terminate the pregnancy or play the odds?

I know WTF I would do.  Why make it political?

However, there have been quite a few others that decided to take the chance and give their baby a life. Sometimes the mother survived and other times...

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 07:52:32 AM »
Hey mreilly asshole - why would you think any of us give a shit about "Lisa" or her ****ing kids?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 08:11:28 AM »
However, there have been quite a few others that decided to take the chance and give their baby a life. Sometimes the mother survived and other times...

As my post above suggests, I'm one of the many - probably a majority - who believe that abortion, when the mother's life truly is threatened, is appropriate. We have a family friend who had a doctor tell her that if she went through with her pregnancy, she all but certainly would die. She decided to take that risk. The doctor dropped her as a patient. She found a different doctor who was willing to work with her through the pregnancy (and it was a significant effort). The bottom line is that she and her baby are alive and well.

As you say, it doesn't always end that way. I've seen stories on Pro-Life websites where the Mom forwent chemo to give life to her baby, and ended up giving her life for her baby. It's a sobering decision.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 09:26:17 AM »
If she's independent and self-sufficient, why does she need Democrats? Something doesn't add up.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline SVPete

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 09:35:54 AM »
If she's independent and self-sufficient, why does she need Democrats? Something doesn't add up.

She probably drinks and serves the same feminazi koolaid mreilly does.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2017, 12:43:02 PM »
Um, you'd be extremely hard- pressed to find even a single pro- lifer who would be opposed to abortions being granted in situations when the mother's life is at stake, we recognize that as being a perfectly acceptable reason to have an abortion.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2017, 12:58:54 PM »
Um, you'd be extremely hard- pressed to find even a single pro- lifer who would be opposed to abortions being granted in situations when the mother's life is at stake, we recognize that as being a perfectly acceptable reason to have an abortion.

I'm not a Catholic and may be mistaken, but my understanding is that the Catholic position is that when the baby is viable, abortion should not be done. An example where the baby is not viable would be an ectopic pregnancy.

As I said, I may not understand the Catholics' (more or less) "official" position, and would not mind learning more clearly. At the same time, I do not know how many Catholic Pro-Life people line up with this position (assuming my understanding is substantially correct). I think Catholics may be in the plurality among Pro-Life people (outnumbering Protestants, other religions, and non-religious, but less than 50%).