Author Topic: Paris attack: Champs-Elysees driver had explosives and rifle, was flagged for ex  (Read 1966 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
If he was "flagged," what the Hell was he even doing outside of a maximum-security prison?

Paris attack: Champs-Elysees driver had explosives and rifle, was flagged for extremism

Published June 19, 2017 
Fox News

A suspect who tried to attack security forces on the Champs-Elysees shopping district in Paris Monday afternoon -- when he rammed his car into a police van -- had a rifle and explosives in his vehicle, French investigators said.

The attacker died shortly after the incident, the French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb said. The attacker, a 31-year-old man from the Paris suburb of Argenteuil, was badly burned after his car exploded when he deliberately crashed it into a police van. The police van caught fire, but it was quickly contained, officials said. The bomb squad was called to the scene.

Authorities discovered a gas tank and an AK-47 rife in the attacker's car, Fox News confirmed. The man had been flagged by investigators earlier for extremism, French police said.

Large explosion and shots fired on Champs Elysee #Paris looks like on person on ground.. everyone told to run.. pic.twitter.com/NTXVDgYS8J
— Andrew Hawley (@aelhawley) June 19, 2017

France's anti-terrorism prosecutor has opened an investigation into the incident.

Again--if they knew about him, why wasn't he in a Supermax-equivalent prison over there?  Devil's Island has been closed for a few years, IIRC.

The link to the story is here:  http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/19/suspected-attacker-drives-car-into-police-vehicle-in-champs-elysees-police-say.html
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

So many of the people committing attacks like this have been known to authorities for awhile but political correctness prevents them from being dealt with the way they should be. :hammer:

Online Old n Grumpy

PC will be the end of them, they are to afraid to speak up. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!