Author Topic: Terry McAuliffe 2020? Name one Democrat who can stop him  (Read 2418 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Terry McAuliffe 2020? Name one Democrat who can stop him
« on: June 13, 2017, 07:37:03 AM »
There's some fairly compelling reasons here. :o Yes, I know that the article is almost two months old, but Drudge had it this morning.

Terry McAuliffe 2020? Name one Democrat who can stop him

by Myra Adams | Apr 25, 2017, 12:45 AM 

With a recent poll finding that 45 percent of Democrats long for a new national leader, could Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe be the man to watch? Even McAuliffe himself is dropping hints. Is that laughter I hear from Republicans saying, "Yes, yes, bring him on"? But I also hear echoes of Democrats laughing at the prospects of running against Donald Trump in 2016 and Ronald Reagan in 1980.

Here are six reasons why the GOP should not laugh at Terry McAuliffe's presidential rumblings.

1. Terry McAuliffe is ambitious, wealthy and power-hungry with nothing to lose

By law, Virginia governors can only serve one four-year term. Thus, on January 13, 2018, Governor McAuliffe will become a former governor after only four years of elective experience. But do years in office even matter anymore? Besides, McAuliffe's strength is his political credentials that far exceed other potential 2020 Democratic candidates. Furthermore, in party leadership circles McAuliffe is a living legend.

For starters, McAuliffe currently serves as chairman of the National Governors Association (NGA). McAuliffe's best friend, President Bill Clinton, was NGA chairman during the 1986-87 term.

In 2008 McAuliffe was chairman of Hillary Clinton's failed presidential campaign.

There's five more reasons at the link . . . http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/terry-mcauliffe-2020-name-one-democrat-who-can-stop-him/article/2621171

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Terry McAuliffe 2020? Name one Democrat who can stop him
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 08:34:40 AM »
He's a white guy with the stink of Hillary & Bill.  Kamela Harris, Cory Booker, Fauxcahontas seem more likely.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 06:06:13 PM »
James Hodgkinson,

Oh wait, he's dead.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 07:18:18 PM »
There's some fairly compelling reasons here. :o Yes, I know that the article is almost two months old, but Drudge had it this morning.

There's five more reasons at the link . . . http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/terry-mcauliffe-2020-name-one-democrat-who-can-stop-him/article/2621171

@BlueStateSaint

Terrible Terry would be tough to beat. Relatively young and attractive in appearance,he is also scary smart and absolutely evil. There is no lie he won't tell and nothing he wono't do to gain power.

And you can be absolutely certain he will have the Clinton's with their cash and zombie followers in his back pocket. They not only have contacts with each other going back decades,he is their only real chance of getting back into  power to the point where they can continue to sell favors.

Tim Kaine,who is running for Governor of Va now is probably even worse. Both men are sociopaths. Think "Ted Bundy if he hadn't gotten careless and caught".
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 05:31:44 AM »
@BlueStateSaint

Terrible Terry would be tough to beat. Relatively young and attractive in appearance,he is also scary smart and absolutely evil. There is no lie he won't tell and nothing he wono't do to gain power.

And you can be absolutely certain he will have the Clinton's with their cash and zombie followers in his back pocket. They not only have contacts with each other going back decades,he is their only real chance of getting back into  power to the point where they can continue to sell favors.

Tim Kaine,who is running for Governor of Va now is probably even worse. Both men are sociopaths. Think "Ted Bundy if he hadn't gotten careless and caught".

I thought that Kaine was a past Governor of VA.  Is he eligible to run again?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 09:24:22 AM »
I thought that Kaine was a past Governor of VA.  Is he eligible to run again?

@BlueStateSaint

You may be right. I don't live in VA,but I have seen him on tv with references to VA Governor. I paid no attention to anything he was saying because his sappy smile and the glint of evil in his eyes always creeps me out. Make no mistake about it,that man is dangerous. So is his son.
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 11:22:20 AM »
Marco Rubio
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 01:00:47 PM »
At this rate, 2024 looks more reasonable for Dems to figure their strategy.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 04:20:33 PM »
At this rate, 2024 looks more reasonable for Dems to figure their strategy.

Not really. There is a reason they are Dims. The leadership people are very intelligent,but don't have enough common sense to come in out of the rain,and are so arrogant they always fail because deep down they really and truly think THEY are the only smart people on the planet.

They could have easily beaten Trump,but were so arrogant they let Bubbette! take over as the presidential candidate,and she was so arrogant about it  being "her turn" she didn't even really try. Almost all the groups she talked to were wealthy voter groups she already had in the bag. The fact that she was also running against a man who throws verbal bombs every time he opens his mouth and who has never ever ran for dogcather before just added to her arrogance. There was no way SHE was going to lose to a buffoon like that,right?