Author Topic: Adam West, Straight-Faced Star of TV's 'Batman,' Dies at 88  (Read 1729 times)

Offline freedumb2003b

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/adam-west-dead-batman-star-832264

Adam West, the ardent actor who managed to keep his tongue in cheek while wearing the iconic cowl of the Caped Crusader on the classic 1960s series Batman, has died. He was 88.

West, who was at the pinnacle of pop culture after Batman debuted in January 1966, only to see his career fall victim to typecasting after the ABC show flamed out, died Friday night in Los Angeles after a short battle with leukemia, a family spokesperson said.

West died peacefully surrounded by his family and is survived by his wife Marcelle, six children, five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.

Damn!  RIP batman!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: Adam West, Straight-Faced Star of TV's 'Batman,' Dies at 88
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 12:03:13 PM »
Adam West, the man who could hit criminals so hard that words popped out in mid air!

RIP Caped Crusader.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 10:11:53 PM »
RIP Batman.
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 02:10:03 AM »
I could have sworn that I saw that he died a couple of years ago.  Obviously, I confused him with someone else.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 09:48:33 AM »
I'll miss him. He was so good at poking fun at himself on Family Guy.

RIP

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen