Author Topic: Hillary believes an orchestrated vast campaign of fake news discredited her.  (Read 2044 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
She points the finger at Russia, fake news, the sorry state of the Democratic Party, sexism, and the media that covered the email scandal “like Pearl Harbor,” among others.

At the top of the list is the Russian government, which she believes orchestrated a vast campaign of fake news to discredit her candidacy.

“If you look at Facebook, the vast majority of the news items posted were fake,” Clinton told Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg, editors of the Vox Media site Recode, which sponsors the conference. “They were connected to — as we now know — the 1,000 Russian agents who were involved in delivering those messages. They were connected to the bots that are just out of control.”

It’s not actually clear that “we now know” any of this. There was a lot of fake news swirling around Facebook in the closing weeks of the campaign, but I haven’t seen any evidence that it was the “vast majority.” The claim that there were 1,000 Russian agents spreading fake news comes from a March statement by Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA), but he described these as unconfirmed reports, not proven facts.

Clinton also notes that WikiLeaks released Clinton adviser John Podesta’s stolen emails — widely believed to have come from Russian hackers

Clinton speculated that the Trump campaign may have coordinated with the Russians to make sure the leaked information had maximum impact, arguing that it would have taken guidance from domestic political operatives to make sure the Russians released stolen documents at times when they would have the most effect.

Clinton rejected the suggestion that giving six-figure speeches to Goldman Sachs and other special interest groups had hurt her candidacy.

She insinuated that the issue was tailored unfairly around gender: "Men got paid for the speeches they made, and I got paid for the speeches I made. It was used, I thought it was unfairly used, and all of that, but it was part of the background music."

She also downplayed the decision in general:

“I gave speeches to many, many groups,” she said. “I never thought that anybody would throw out my entire career of standing up and speaking out and voting against and voting in favor of what I thought were good policies because I made a couple of speeches.”

Clinton blames the media for covering her email scandal — which she dubbed “the biggest nothingburger ever” — “like it was Pearl Harbor.”

She said she was hobbled by the sorry state of the Democratic Party at the time she won the nomination.

“I get the nomination, and I inherit nothing from the Democratic Party,” Clinton said. “It was bankrupt. It was on the verge of insolvency. Its data was mediocre to poor, nonexistent, wrong. I had to inject money into the DNC to keep it going.”

Democrats, she said, “are not good historically at building institutions, and we've got to get a lot better.” She added that “that includes content,” arguing that the media had not done a good job of explaining how Barack Obama had saved the economy from a major depression in 2009.

“I also think I was the victim of a very broad assumption that we were going to win,” Clinton said. “I was swimming against a historic tide. It's very difficult to succeed a two-term president of your own party.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/5/31/15719342/hillary-clinton-2016-excuses
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline freedumb2003b

The one question she can't answer about the Russians: WHY????????

They would LOVE to have one of the stupidest and naive SOS' in American history be POTUS!  They wouldn't even have to pretend anything!  They would just do what they want to do and laugh when she stomps her size 11 clown foot.

Trump is the WORST news for Russia -- a strong man who already knows how Russia REALLY operates.

If the Russians were working to throw the election it would have been TO hiLIARy.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Paranoia. :mental:

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DumbAss Tanker

They would LOVE to have one of the stupidest and naive SOS' in American history be POTUS!  They wouldn't even have to pretend anything!  They would just do what they want to do and laugh when she stomps her size 11 clown foot.

Trump is the WORST news for Russia -- a strong man who already knows how Russia REALLY operates.

If the Russians were working to throw the election it would have been TO hiLIARy.

My own theory is that they were sure she would win and wanted her to win, and to the extent they really did this (As opposed to all the actual Americans who hate her and proliferated all the negative stories, true, false, and unproven) it was only to leave her in a wounded position after the election so as to make her more tractable.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!

Correction: She wouldn't have even stomped her feet. The Russian Ambassador would simply hold up a CD-ROM of ALL her emails (pay-for-play, directives to erase public records, etc) at their first meeting and tell her "We own you". They could conceivably do carrot and stick, since they know she's already willing to accept payment for official action (UraniumOne deal, anyone?).

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
boy, I tell ya... over the years there sure have been a lot of "vast" things out to get the clintoons

Offline SVPete

:urmeds:

And clean out your

:nobong:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

My own theory is that they were sure she would win and wanted her to win, and to the extent they really did this (As opposed to all the actual Americans who hate her and proliferated all the negative stories, true, false, and unproven) it was only to leave her in a wounded position after the election so as to make her more tractable.

I agree. I think the Russians thought Hillary would win, but that she would be weakened by a divided country. Now the demorats are handing that to Russia on a silver platter by going after Trump.

“I get the nomination, and I inherit nothing from the Democratic Party,” Clinton said. “It was bankrupt. It was on the verge of insolvency.

Hillary is ignoring her own huge campaign fund and all the superpacs that supported her. She outspent Trump, two to one.

Offline Old n Grumpy

“I get the nomination, and I inherit nothing from the Democratic Party,” Clinton said. “It was bankrupt. It was on the verge of insolvency.

You got the nomination after you bent bernie over and tossed him out.

I saw part of her interview and the best part was when she blamed not only the Russians but the attack by the Macedonians. She is really bat shit crazy!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Hillary's theme song . . . (With apologies to GEICO) . . .

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR6qvkDDBCg[/youtube]
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Yes, because the Russians kept you from campaigning in Wisconsin and Michigan.  :loser:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

This is all a great illustration of 'Why she is too stupid and paranoid to be President.'
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Old n Grumpy

She claims th eparty was bankrupt, it was morally bankrupt and people saw her, and the party for what they really are and rejected it.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

When it comes to news, The CHILL's problem wasn't the fake news. It was with people remembering and learning the real news of what she had done. IOW, TRUE, important, information The CHILL didn't want known. And I have a feeling there's more yet unlearned that might be revealed (I have no inside knowledge, I just trust the character of someone so very corrupt to have hidden secrets).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.