Author Topic: Remake Red Dawn with leftist heroes and Republican/Russian baddies  (Read 4953 times)

Offline Delmar

Sat Apr 1, 2017, 08:24 PM
srcameron (48 posts)

An Idea for Somebody in the Movies

Republicans love the movie Red Dawn, a movie/propaganda piece that portrays a group of young people who form some kind of resistance when the U.S. is invaded by the Russians. Has anybody in Hollywood thought of making a movie along this line that supports progressive/liberal values that liberals and progressive can rally behind? Maybe the invaders could be Putin like characters supported by Republican politicians and right wing American activists, with characters based on Trump, Pence and their administration as well as others based on people like Rush Limbaugh, Pat Robertson and other members of the conservative movement and the religious right. Just an idea.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/12702328

A blockbuster of epic proportions.  A surefire hit.  A foolproof recipe for boffo box office.

This idea makes about as much sense as the Robin Hood remake Nottingham film treatment that was getting kicked around Hollywood a few years back that had the genius idea to make a revisionist version of the Robin Hood legend with an heroic Sheriff and a terrorist Robin Hood. 

You've never heard of this Nottingham film?  That's because it never got made, just like this stupid idea for a Red Dawn remake with dipshit leftist good guys will never get made.

Response to srcameron (Original post)Sat Apr 1, 2017, 11:00 PM
MasonDreams (261 posts)
1. Good idea. Red Dawn is very deeply important.

For millions in the heartland, Down to the bone, Go Wolverines!!!
Our Sovereignty is sacred, and very literally the Russians are coming.

Wake up righties, democrats and Democrats are NOT the enemy.
Vladimir is in your head, and he Putin bad information in.

I enjoyed the movie Red Dawn but I don't consider it to be very deeply important. 

Basing one's political beliefs on fiction story movie plots is a leftist attribute.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline GOP Congress

Re: Remake Red Dawn with leftist heroes and Republican/Russian baddies
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 11:37:57 AM »
srcameron (48 posts)

Getting started EARLY. BantheGOP approves!  :II:

"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 11:39:06 AM »
A leftist version of Red Dawn would have the Wolverines replaced by the Rainbow Unicorns, wearing pink *****-hats, armed with dildos, and attacking churches.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 12:00:10 PM »
This idea makes about as much sense as the Robin Hood remake Nottingham film treatment that was getting kicked around Hollywood a few years back that had the genius idea to make a revisionist version of the Robin Hood legend with an heroic Sheriff and a terrorist Robin Hood. 

Actually, the primitives appear to have never grasped the true meaning of Robin Hood.

One usually thinks of him robbing from the rich to give to the poor, which is sort of true.

One has to consider who the rich were in those days; it's pretty much the same today.

Robin Hood stole from those in governmental employment to give back to the poor.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 01:27:28 PM »
Quote from:
MasonDreams

... democrats and Democrats are NOT the enemy.

Modern-day liberalism (big gov't) is anti-freedom.

People are willing to fight and die for freedom. What liberals/democrats offer is not freedom. A country where modern-day liberalism rules is not a country worth picking up a weapon to defend, because it's slavery to the State. It's not freedom.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 01:30:42 PM »
Modern-day liberalism (big gov't) is anti-freedom.

People are willing to fight and die for freedom. What liberals/democrats offer is not freedom. A country where modern-day liberalism rules is not a country worth picking up a weapon to defend, because it's slavery to the State. It's not freedom.

That's good.  H5 earned and issued.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 02:18:45 PM »
I've never seen "Red Dawn", so I can't say I love or hate it. What I have observed, recently, is that with the exception of a very few uber-hyped crockumentaries, heavy-handed, pedantic, just-so-political-story movies have been mostly financial disasters. Clubbing people over the head doesn't win election votes, and clubbing people over the head doesn't sell theater tickets, pay-per-views, and DVDs.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 05:18:30 PM »
The Op made me laugh so hard a little pee came out.

You go guys. Meantime, I'm going to the range.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 05:34:06 PM »
Hollywood pukes out liberal propaganda films all the time already: Conservatives and businessmen are routinely portrayed as pure- evil monsters who love deliberately  destroying ecosystems and oppressing minorities for fun and profit, Christians are portrayed as either morons, prudes/ bigots, or psychopaths, and liberals are portrayed as straight- up saints.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 06:27:02 PM »
Johnny come latelies, all of them. Occupy was the answer to the tea party too

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 06:42:12 PM »
IIRC, the first one had some typical "liberal" heroes. The mayor and his son that sold out the city and the Wolverines. Don't get much more accurate character portrayal.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 08:38:51 PM »
Oh, this is just f'n brilliant.

Republicans love the movie Red Dawn, a movie/propaganda piece that portrays a group of young people who form some kind of resistance when the U.S. is invaded by the Russians. Has anybody in Hollywood thought of making a movie along this line that supports progressive/liberal values that liberals and progressive can rally behind?

Act I, Scene I:

Russian T-14 Armata tanks roll into Boston's Back Bay and take up positions around the city.  Progressive resistance members gather their courage and gloriously shit all over the sides of the tanks, a tremendous victory that is celebrated back at the yurt with a lot of pot-smoking and self-flagellation over sexist use of proper pronouns.

Act I, Scene II:

Our protagonist, a gay, Muslim cross-dresser, spectacularly masturbates in direct defiance of the tanks, leading to tremendous cheers from the liberal activists right up until one of the Russians shoots his dick off.

Act I, Scene III:

Russians march through the streets of Chicago.  Progressive resistance members bravely give the soldiers down-twinkles and take pictures of one another doing so, which they then courageously post to instagram.  Another liberal victory!

Yes siree!  This will be a box office smash like never seen before.  Gone With The Wind will look like an indie film compared to this hit movie.

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2017, 08:43:20 PM »
Oh, this is just f'n brilliant.

Act I, Scene I:

Russian T-14 Armata tanks roll into Boston's Back Bay and take up positions around the city.  Progressive resistance members gather their courage and gloriously shit all over the sides of the tanks, a tremendous victory that is celebrated back at the yurt with a lot of pot-smoking and self-flagellation over sexist use of proper pronouns.

Act I, Scene II:

Our protagonist, a gay, Muslim cross-dresser, spectacularly masturbates in direct defiance of the tanks, leading to tremendous cheers from the liberal activists right up until one of the Russians shoots his dick off.

Act I, Scene III:

Russians march through the streets of Chicago.  Progressive resistance members bravely give the soldiers down-twinkles and take pictures of one another doing so, which they then courageously post to instagram.  Another liberal victory!

Yes siree!  This will be a box office smash like never seen before.  Gone With The Wind will look like an indie film compared to this hit movie.

Mr Wood, you sir need an agent. This is box office gold, Jerry it's GOLD, GOLD.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2017, 08:50:18 PM »

Robin Hood stole from those in governmental employment to give back to the poor.

I thought Robin Hood stole from the tax collector, because the government (king and the sheriff) was taxing the working people too much.

By that meaning, Republicans who want to cut taxes would be more like Robin Hood than any democrat.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2017, 09:16:52 PM »
Hollywood pukes out liberal propaganda films all the time already: Conservatives and businessmen are routinely portrayed as pure- evil monsters who love deliberately  destroying ecosystems and oppressing minorities for fun and profit, Christians are portrayed as either morons, prudes/ bigots, or psychopaths, and liberals are portrayed as straight- up saints.
The most recent episode of APB was appallingly bad in this regard.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 06:08:13 AM »
There was a liberal aspect to the original Red Dawn. It was embodied in the town mayor who stood by and watched his constituents executed/murdered by the Cubans and the Russians. He was a good liberal and understood that you have to break a lot of eggs in order to make an omelet.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 06:48:19 AM »
What would the lefities fight with? White light? Pictures of their hands? No lefty is going to take up an evil NRA gun to defend their country. They don't even believe in countries!
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 07:48:41 AM »
I am going to point this out once again to our DUmmie friends, Barack Obama said Russia was not a great geo-political foe. The DUmmies need to stop being racists (for disagreeing with Obama) and let this obsession with Russia go.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 10:18:10 AM »
Mr Wood, you sir need an agent. This is box office gold, Jerry it's GOLD, GOLD.

My thoughts exactly.  H5s given. :cheersmate: :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 01:17:08 PM »
Actually, the primitives appear to have never grasped the true meaning of Robin Hood.

One usually thinks of him robbing from the rich to give to the poor, which is sort of true.

One has to consider who the rich were in those days; it's pretty much the same today.

More precisely, he stole taxes from the crown in order to alleviate the too-heavy tax burden. Even kids who only know the story from the Disney movie know where the money he was stealing was coming from.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2017, 04:10:40 PM »
There was a liberal aspect to the original Red Dawn. It was embodied in the town mayor who stood by and watched his constituents executed/murdered by the Cubans and the Russians. He was a good liberal and understood that you have to break a lot of eggs in order to make an omelet.

Not to mention, turned in his own kid.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 04:29:36 PM »
A leftist version of Red Dawn would have the Wolverines replaced by the Rainbow Unicorns, wearing pink *****-hats, armed with dildos, and attacking churches.

Name it "Pink Sunrise."

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2017, 06:12:29 PM »
Name it "Pink Sunrise."
and they will fight for trans rights to shower with children. what an epic movie this will be.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2017, 08:33:24 PM »
Name it "Pink Sunrise."

If Sean Penn makes this movie, we should sue him for copyright infringement!
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2017, 08:33:51 PM »
and they will fight for trans rights to shower with children. what an epic movie this will be.

:cheersmate:
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.