Author Topic: Pop up every refresh?  (Read 16090 times)

Offline thundley4

Pop up every refresh?
« on: March 23, 2017, 11:23:26 AM »
Anyone else getting a dialogue box at the top of the page when they refresh or go to the home page?

It says something about "smc smart packs" .

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: Pop up every refresh?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 12:02:46 PM »
I'm getting it to. It says
Conservativecave.com says (cc) SMFPacks.com
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 12:13:31 PM »
I'm getting it to. It says
Conservativecave.com says (cc) SMFPacks.com

That's it and you have to close it before doing anything else.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 01:07:01 PM »
It happen when using Opera browser too, FYI.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 02:28:21 PM »
I get the pop-up when I use Chrome. I don't get it with IE 11. Neither browser displays anything in the Shoutbox.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 03:17:05 PM »
Yeah, the shoutbox isn't loading since this started.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 03:32:38 PM »
Whatever it is, seems to be shoutbox related. I collapsed the shoutbox and the popup went away.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 05:08:46 PM »
Whatever it is, seems to be shoutbox related. I collapsed the shoutbox and the popup went away.

If you are smart you will avoid the shoutbox like me.  I have never used it and REALLY don't care for it.

Store-and-forward baby.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 10:07:27 AM »
Yeah, the shoutbox isn't loading since this started.

Same here.  I don't often use shoutbox so it's more of a minor annoyance than a major issue, but still an annoyance.  I use Chrome, FWIW.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 12:59:31 PM »
Shoutbox is back, doesn't create a pop-up.

I chat some, and post links to articles that I think are worth knowing about, but am not sure are thread-worthy, or articles I think are, but I lack the time to compose and post it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 02:56:59 PM »

I chat some, and post links to articles that I think are worth knowing about, but am not sure are thread-worthy, or articles I think are, but I lack the time to compose and post it.

I do the same with links do DU when I don't have the time to bring a thread over.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 03:49:39 PM »

Not for me, I'm still getting that same "Conservative Cave says:  (cc) SMFPacks.com" pop-up garbage.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 04:05:26 PM »
Not for me, I'm still getting that same "Conservative Cave says:  (cc) SMFPacks.com" pop-up garbage.

Did somebody cue Rod Serling? It was OK just now. Maybe the that part of the forum SW is cranky.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2017, 05:51:45 AM »
I'm not exactly sure what triggered the popup, but it occurred after  the shoutbox was updated and has since resolved itself (for me anyway). I suspect it may be cookie related.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2017, 12:26:42 PM »
Still afflicted here.  Getting the popup but nothing else in the box.  Not that big a deal to me, I don't use it much, maybe the next update will fix it back.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 02:11:55 PM »
I'm not exactly sure what triggered the popup, but it occurred after  the shoutbox was updated and has since resolved itself (for me anyway). I suspect it may be cookie related.

Me not sure.