Author Topic: D-backs get Dunn from Reds for three prospects  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
D-backs get Dunn from Reds for three prospects
« on: August 11, 2008, 03:30:40 PM »

.233/.373/.528   so far this season.  anyone OPSing over .900 is worth having around, but he already has
120 Ks this season . . . . .

$13M/yr, and he's a FA at the end of the year;  I'm not surprised that he made it through waivers, but I am
a little surprised that he made it all the way to the dbacks.

D-backs get Dunn from Reds for three prospects

The Arizona Diamondbacks added a big bat Monday in their attempt to hold off the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NL West race.

Arizona acquired Cincinnati Reds outfielder Adam Dunn, who is tied for the major league lead with 32 home runs, for three prospects.

In exchange for Dunn, Cincinnati will receive minor league pitcher Dallas Buck and two other players to be named later.

Buck got a call from D-backs farm director A.J. Hinch, telling him he had been traded for Dunn. Buck, who was traveling with the Single-A Visalia Oaks, was already on the bus to San Jose, Calif., when Hinch called him. He had to tell teammates of the trade en route.

"It was kind of funny," Buck said, "because I was rumored to be in a deal for [Mark] Teixeira, so when I just told them they all thought I was messing with them."

More