Author Topic: "Euro May Already Be Lost" - Vice-Chairman Of EuroThinkTank Warns "No Way . . .  (Read 9972 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
The full title is below.  From ZeroHedge.

"Euro May Already Be Lost" - Vice-Chairman Of EuroThinkTank Warns "No Way To Avert Break-Up"

by Tyler Durden

Feb 14, 2017 12:15 PM

Submitted by Mike Shedlock via MishTalk.com,

In response to Blinded by Hate, I received an email from Tuomas Malinen, Vice-Chairman of EuroThinkTank regarding the fate of the euro.

Hi Mish,

Thank you for an excellent blog. I’ve been an enthusiastic reader for years.

I am the vice Chairman of EuroThinkTank, a group of economists and financial market experts (and a statistician) studying the future of Eurozone. We have recently published a working paper, How to abandon the common currency in exchange for a new national currency, and we are in the process of preparing a report on how Finland could leave the eurozone.

Concerning you recent piece, Blinded by hate, I was wondering have you noticed our piece in HuffPost entitled, The Euro may already be lost?

We go through the scenarios of euro -survival and find them to be extremely unlikely.

With Best Wishes,
Tuomas Malinen

This seems to mesh with the report that Ted Malloch said . . . that Greece is looking to ditch the euro in favor of the US dollar . . .

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/766811/Eurozone-crisis-Greece-ditch-euro-US-dollar-Trump-Ted-Malloch
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

If a so-called centralized government like the EU can't work, what makes idiots think that a one-world government would have a chance?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
If a so-called centralized government like the EU can't work, what makes idiots think that a one-world government would have a chance?

Because they think they'll be running it, so it'll work.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
A one world government is a pipe dream like a Utopian society. Neither takes in to account mankind's base nature and that will kill either of those concepts.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline ADsOutburst

A one world government is a pipe dream like a Utopian society. Neither takes in to account mankind's base nature and that will kill either of those concepts.
Indeed. Enough people value their sovereignty to prevent it from happening.

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
EURO HUMILIATION: Germany ‘freaked out’ as Greece 'could ditch EU currency for US DOLLAR'

GREECE could be poised to humiliate Brussels by ditching the euro and instead choosing to be tied to the US dollar, Donald Trump’s reported pick as EU ambassador has sensationally claimed.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/766811/Eurozone-crisis-Greece-ditch-euro-US-dollar-Trump-Ted-Malloch