Author Topic: TBT: Obama's Thermostat Snark at Americans  (Read 1509 times)

Offline SVPete

TBT: Obama's Thermostat Snark at Americans
« on: January 28, 2017, 09:52:49 AM »
How many here remember this bit of Obamian elitism?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJJetURziTQ[/youtube]

It stuck in my craw, not just because of his arrogant elitism, but because how ludicrously false it is when compared to how I've lived my life the past nearly 40 years here in Silicon Valley.

First, AC is far from ubiquitous in Silicon Valley. We added AC to our current house in 2004 - after living here 14 years - and it is the first home we've had with AC.

Second, we've kept the heat set to 72F all day like, never. Our practice, for decades, has been to turn off the heat during the night, warm up the house some in the AM, and turn off the heat mid-late AM. The, some evenings we again warm up the house for an hour or two, and then turn off the heat for the night. Oh, and "warm up"? We have never set the thermostat higher than 68F. We do similarly on the fairly few hot days of summer.

So, for example, this AM I turned our thermostats up to 66F at around 7:40. As I did so, I noted that the temps in the two relevant areas of the house were 57F and 58F. So :redbird: Obama the Arrogant Elitist!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: TBT: Obama's Thermostat Snark at Americans
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 09:56:50 AM »
Ridiculous. Also reminds me of the airing up the tires crap he spewed in 2008.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 11:32:14 AM »
I don't remember that myself.

I do however remember that right after he moved into the White House, like maybe three or four days in, in January 2009, he gave some sort of speech about how Americans should conserve energy.

After which he had all the thermostats in the White House turned up to eighty degrees, or something like that.

When queried about it by the press, his apologist said, "Well, you know, he grew up in Hawaii, and is used to warmer temperatures....." as if that made it okay.

Do as I say, not as I do; it's the Democrat way.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 11:35:10 AM »
Ridiculous. Also reminds me of the airing up the tires crap he spewed in 2008.
I remember that too. It was stupid.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.