Author Topic: Trump’s Plans For His First Day In Office  (Read 385 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
Trump’s Plans For His First Day In Office
« on: January 16, 2017, 07:54:40 AM »
President-elect Donald Trump has a busy Inauguration Day ahead of him — in between the oath of office and the inaugural balls, he’s pledged to take some “big league” actions as part of a Day One agenda that will set the tone for his presidency.

Incoming presidents often set sights high for their first day in office, with mixed results. President Obama promised to shut down Guantanamo Bay at the start of his presidency; yet the detention center remains open, albeit with far fewer inmates.

What Trump says he’ll do — and actually achieves — likewise could differ. But here’s an overview of what Trump may have in store for his first day.

Immigration: He repeatedly promised to “eliminate every unconstitutional executive order” — referring specifically to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and Deferred Action for Parents of Americans (DAPA), which granted legal status to illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children, or who have children who are citizens or legal residents.

Obamacare: Trump’s website says he will “ask Congress to immediately deliver a full repeal of ObamaCare” on Day One.

Regulation and Trade: In a September speech in Greenville, S.C., Trump said he intends to “direct every agency in government to begin identifying all wasteful job-killing regulations” on his first day.

He also has said he intends to “allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward.”

And in his own words…

TRUMP: … On Regulation: I will formulate a rule that says for every one new regulation two more regulations must be eliminated. So Important… I will provide more updates in the coming days as we work together to make America Great Again for everyone. And I mean everyone!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xX_KaStFT8[/youtube]

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/13/trump-promises-packed-day-one-agenda.html