Author Topic: Beheading attire and sexy suicide vests? Satire of ISIS wives stirs anger and pr  (Read 1968 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Found on Yahoo! News.  I saw this yesterday and wondered if it would be out there . . .

Beheading attire and sexy suicide vests? Satire of ISIS wives stirs anger and praise

By Guy Faulconbridge and Ritvik Carvalho

Reuters  January 06, 2017

By Guy Faulconbridge and Ritvik Carvalho

LONDON (Reuters) - The wives of Islamic State fighters ponder what to wear at a beheading and assess how sexy they look in suicide vests in a BBC satire which has sparked both anger and praise for tackling the fate of women who travel to Syria to join the militants.

In a clip from the BBC's "Revolting" TV comedy show, entitled "Real Housewives of ISIS" which aired on Tuesday, one "wife" of a militant fighter in Syria says: "It's only three days to the beheading and I've got no idea what to wear."

"This is my sixth marriage - I have been widowed five times," another woman says with a sigh before an explosion which prompts her to say: "Six times."

For the clip, please see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOB6UDC-67w

The segment is a parody of the successful reality TV franchise which began in 2006 with "The Real Housewives of Orange County" and now has spin-off versions worldwide including one set in Cheshire in northern England.

It looks like an interesting thing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/beheading-attire-sexy-suicide-vests-satire-isis-wives-114819587.html

ETA:  I just watched the clip.  It's a riot! :lmao: :rotf: :lol: :rofl:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:31:27 AM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.