Author Topic: Women are the most oppressed humans on the planet...  (Read 5593 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Women are the most oppressed humans on the planet...
« on: January 20, 2008, 07:23:11 AM »
joshcryer (1000+ posts)        Sat Jan-19-08 07:59 PM
Original message
   ...it's about time in the USA that women come out in droves to vote, no matter how you want to cut it.

But I guess it's hard to see it that way for a lot of people here.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2722268

It is fun to see them gather and compare their victimhoods. :lmao:

Offline Flame

Re: Women are the most oppressed humans on the planet...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 07:27:03 AM »
I would agree that women are oppressed on the PLANET, but not here in the USA.  Not quite sure what voting here would o for the rest of the women in the world???

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 07:44:16 AM »
I would agree that women are oppressed on the PLANET, but not here in the USA.  Not quite sure what voting here would o for the rest of the women in the world???
I think the DUmmie wants women from all over the world to come here a vote (for dims).

...more than have in the past.
 :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 08:08:28 AM »

That will all become clear if Hillary is elected, and the "Global War on Men" kicks off.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 08:16:28 AM »
I read it as Women are the most oppressive humans on the planet, my bad.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 08:40:38 AM »

*cough*  :lmao:

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 08:43:01 AM »

I agree, the left sees oppression in the US, where there is not, and passes a blind eye on oppression when it is politically expedient.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 08:46:13 AM »

I agree, the left sees oppression in the US, where there is not, and passes a blind eye on oppression when it is politically expedient.

Yes, and I'd point out while there may be individual women who are oppressed, but it is in personal relationships which aside from domestic violence issues is not a matter for the state to correct and deal with. Women in these situation have far more resources to correct those situations then other countries where women are truly oppressed on a national level and with the pressure of the government behind it.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 09:02:47 AM »

What? :whistling:
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 09:12:09 AM »

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 09:33:06 AM »

Yes, and I'd point out while there may be individual women who are oppressed, but it is in personal relationships which aside from domestic violence issues is not a matter for the state to correct and deal with. Women in these situation have far more resources to correct those situations then other countries where women are truly oppressed on a national level and with the pressure of the government behind it.

I agree of course. I was kind of thinking state sanctioned oppression. Yeah, that's it.  :-)

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 09:34:23 AM »

What? :whistling:

I know, it was a freudian slip!

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 09:34:50 AM »

Come on out, I don't bite... hard.  :naughty:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 09:45:59 AM »

"I'd say, in hindsight, I should have voted for Hillary."

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 10:14:47 AM »

I agree of course. I was kind of thinking state sanctioned oppression. Yeah, that's it.  :-)

Moi, ausi. (my french--the language-is rusty) :drunksailor:

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 10:55:18 AM »

Exactly.  Women are horribly oppressed in many places.  I can't believe that anybody would dare compare American women to women who are oppressed abroad and say that they are equally oppressed  :hammer:  We have it damn good in comparison. 

on edit: This is of course a generalization.  There are individual women in the US who are in terrible situation, but nationally, we are not being oppressed by our society in any comparable way. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 10:57:30 AM by Celtic Rose »

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 12:59:30 PM »

Exactly.  Women are horribly oppressed in many places.  I can't believe that anybody would dare compare American women to women who are oppressed abroad and say that they are equally oppressed  :hammer:  We have it damn good in comparison. 

on edit: This is of course a generalization.  There are individual women in the US who are in terrible situation, but nationally, we are not being oppressed by our society in any comparable way. 

Agreed. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 01:04:10 PM »

That will all become clear if Hillary is elected, and the "Global War on Men" kicks off.
Up until now, the War on Men has been pretty much limited to the USA and Old Europe.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 01:33:30 PM »
joshcryer (1000+ posts)        Sat Jan-19-08 07:59 PM
Original message
   ...it's about time in the USA that women come out in droves to vote, no matter how you want to cut it.

But I guess it's hard to see it that way for a lot of people here.
Women living in the nightmare of an Islamic society:

It's the selective memory and the spineless victim nature of the DUmmys in the world that MAKE women repressed.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄