Author Topic: Need some advice - Snowmobiling in MI? WI?  (Read 1937 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Need some advice - Snowmobiling in MI? WI?
« on: November 30, 2016, 07:51:48 AM »
I'm looking for advice from anyone who may be familiar with the lake states, I'm assuming the conversation will veer towards upper MI but I'm open for suggestions.
In my younger days in Indiana, snow was generally plentiful and we all had sleds, but always road locally when we could.
I have to grudgingly admit that I'm now an urban dweller, had to move here to stay employed so dirt bikes and snowmobiles aren't in the list of things to do on the weekends and haven't been for a few decades.
I'd like to take the family on a weekend sledding trip, somewhere that good snow is a sure thing and sleds are available in the rental form.
I'll have 3 rookies with me who have never sat on a sled, including Beavis and Butthead who are 12 and 14, respectively.
Can any of you in these areas recommend anything?
I'm thinking probably a mid to late Dec trip when school is out for 2 weeks and sneak it in then, so I want to get things reserved now if I can pull this off.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Karin

Re: Need some advice - Snowmobiling in MI? WI?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 08:09:14 PM »
Northern NY is snowmobiling country.   You're probably too far away from it?  At any rate, Tug Hill region is what you would google.  There's a whole industry wrapped around it.  Bars, restaurants, rentals, motels etc. that cater to the snowmobilers.  For example, here's a link. [url]http://www.turinridgeriders.com//[url]

Our snowfall hasn't been that great this year, so far.  We sit on Lake Ontario, and every now and then, the lake decides to empty itself onto land in the form of the white stuff.  People love it, it's a whole culture.  And there are NO LIBERAL WHINY ASSES in this culture.  Men are men, and frankly so are some of the women.   :lmao:  By that I mean, they can hold their own.   :cheersmate:

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 08:07:54 PM by Karin »

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 10:11:35 PM »
Northern NY is snowmobiling country.   You're probably too far away from it?  At any rate, Tug Hill region is what you would google.  There's a whole industry wrapped around it.  Bars, restaurants, rentals, motels etc. that cater to the snowmobilers.  For example, here's a link. [url][http://www.turinridgeriders.com//url]

Our snowfall hasn't been that great this year, so far.  We sit on Lake Ontario, and every now and then, the lake decides to empty itself onto land in the form of the white stuff.  People love it, it's a whole culture.  And there are NO LIBERAL WHINY ASSES in this culture.  Men are men, and frankly so are some of the women.   :lmao:  By that I mean, they can hold their own.   :cheersmate:

I found a couple up that way, but so far I can't get a damned one of them to answer the phone.
I'm going to keep trying, I still haven't gotten this setup... work has be buried on top of it all

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 08:10:18 PM »
It's probably the holidays.  Everything just shuts down.  When we get a good snowfall, I'll repost with some more info.