Author Topic: nominating thread for Top DUmmies of 2016  (Read 51062 times)

Online fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Re: nominating thread for Top DUmmies of 2016
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 10:46:17 AM »
It seems like I always pick long shots but this voice in my head keeps telling me to nominate pnwmom for DOTY.

Also, another frothing at the mouth underdog trying like hell to get some dummy cred: LaydeeBug
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2016, 11:37:54 AM »

Whoops.  I must have skipped over your post.  Added to the nomination list.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2016, 12:39:09 PM »
I'm back after three days, but not quite yet.

In response to a question earlier, all primitives who were on Skins's island, DU Jr., or Manny's jackass message board--I haven't checked yet to see if it still stands, or if Skins absorbed it, took it over, forcibly merged it into his principal real-estate, during the Thanksgiving holiday--at any time during the past year are eligible for nomination and selected.

As mentioned in the original post.

Also, Big Mo's been nominated for the Bill, the award for most-memorable primitive.  This award used to be called the Willy, but I changed it after learning that the Bostonian Drunkard really loathes "Bill;" he thinks it common, and he deludes himself supposing he's special, upper crust or something.

And I wish to nominate Attilla Marc the Hun, the DFW primitive, the ambassadorial wannabe, for one of the spots in the top ten DUmmies of 2016.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2016, 03:55:04 PM »
I have to take off again, and this thread closes next Saturday.

Lest I forget, I want to nominate the Texas pyramid, the Gothmog primitive, and Jugs, the BainsBane primitive, for a couple of spots in the Top Ten DUmmies of 2016.

Their performances this past year, although never particularly exciting, were steadily and consistently good.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2016, 09:54:24 PM »
May I please add KingCharlemaine?  For sheer lunacy. 

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2016, 09:57:36 PM »
You know, so many dropped out of sight that I just can't think of anyone to nominate.

Some of the oldsters are around like MM, but they are parodies of themselves.

We haven't seen a good bouncie in like forever.

So no names from me, but I'll watch with great interest.

Then after the awards are presented I will ask for a recount.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Karin

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2016, 09:59:19 PM »
Electioneering, promotion, advertisements and reminiscences are for another thread, right?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2016, 10:07:05 PM »
Electioneering, promotion, advertisements and reminiscences are for another thread, right?
Probably so.

Electioneering, in the form of bribery, may be forwarded to me.  Since I'll be tallying the ballots.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2016, 06:53:06 AM »

No, it's fine here on the nominating thread too; there might've been some confusion a few years ago when I started a voting thread commenting that campaigning was okay, possibly suggesting in error that it hadn't been okay on the preceding nominating thread.

It's fine, it's all copacetic.  Campaign on this thread if one wishes, and on the voting thread next week.

By the way, I feel a need to nominate the now-gone thunderthighs, the fizzgig primitive, for one of the spots in the top ten DUmmies of 2016.

And I feel a need to promote, to boost, to ballyhoo one of my earlier nominees, Attila Marc the Hun, the DFW primitive.  I nominated him strictly upon one gaffe, one solecism, one faux pas he committed, when he mentioned to the primitives his dream about becoming an ambassador.

To me, that was a blunder as big as when the sparkling old dude confessed that his much-younger trophy wife made him use the bathroom in the basement so he wouldn't stink up the good one upstairs. 

There's just things one doesn't say to primitives, especially in an open forum.

There's nothing wrong with Attila Marc the Hun dreaming of an ambassadorship--we all dream--but he should just talk about this dream with his wife and two daughters, with his co-workers at the coin-and-stamp dealership, with his comrades at the Nation magazine, with his alleged connections in journalism and national politics, with his rabbi, &c., &c., &c.

The primitives are not the caliber, the quality, of people with whom one should share dreams. 

I have no idea why he felt compelled to share that with the primitives, and as with the sparkling old dude sitting on the commode in the basement, I'm not going to let him forget he did that.  That was incredibly stupid; the primitives are no friends of his, and would turn on him in a minute.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 06:55:23 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2016, 07:25:41 AM »
Nominations thus far, after which I'm out of here for a while again.

for the William Rivers Pitt, the "Bill," for the most memorable primitive the past 15 years:

mopinko, Big Mo
NYC_SKP, Skippy

The ones who've already won and aren't eligible any more:

TomInTib
BouncyBall
William Pitt
nadinbrzezinski
Alan Grayson
undergroundpanther
DainBramaged
Omaha Steve

Come on now, folks; it's true that all the "good" primitives have already won this award, but surely there's some worthy odds-and-ends.  The bitter old Vermontese cali primitive isn't memorable, for example?  MannyGoldstein?  The idiot Briggs primitive?

for the Top Ten DUmmies of 2016 (ten selected):

BainsBane, Jugs
boston bean, one of the Four Horsewomen of the Femapocalypse
bravenak
ColesCountyDem, the big guy's best pal
demtenjeep, Pamela, she of the runny bowels
DFW, Attila Marc the Hun
fizzgig, thunderthighs
Gothmog, the Texas pyramid
grahamforwhatever, from DU Jr.
Hoyt
JudiLynn
KamaAina, the white dude masquerading as an Oriental girl, although no one knows why
kentuck
KingCharlemagne
kpete
LaydeeBug
LetMyPeopleVote from DU Jr.
malaise, Christine
MineralMan
MrScorpio, Lamond, Mrs Corpio
NuclearDem (the child molester, NOT to be confused with Nuclear Unicorn)
Omaha Steve
pnwmom
randyS1
retrowire
Skinner (as an individual)
Skinner, Elad, and EarlG (the three as a single group)
sheshe2
Stone Space
Strange Luck, from DU Jr.
TheMastersNemesis, ol' hypertensive Bob
Tobin S., the Tobe, Guatama Toby the overall-wearing Buddha

I'm not sure if I'm going to put Skins down twice on the ballot, as an individual and as one of the three stooges (it's okay to nominate a "group" of primitives, provided one defines them clearly enough).

Skins by the way is one of four primitives that if a winner, someone other than franksolich will have to write that particular award.  I'm naturally biased towards Skins, the brooklynite primitive, the buzzy one, and the husband-hating elleng primitive, and would be hard-pressed to find anything negative to say about them.

I'm not sure what to do about the "hacker" (quotation marks intentional, or perhaps not) who shut down Skins's island for two weeks; that seems an eminently credible nomination and candidate, but at the same time that was so extraordinary it might, or might not, deserve its own unique award.

We'll see when I put out the ballot. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:37:38 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DUmpstruck

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2016, 07:51:31 AM »
Not that they have a chance in Hell of winning, but there are some that should at least be recognized for their accomplishments in making Skin's Island the source of entertainment we so fondly find it to be.

Secular Motion
flamin lib

And I can't believe that no one had nominated Stinky the clown.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2016, 12:28:07 PM »
And I can't believe that no one had nominated Stinky the clown.

You know, I think the sparkling old dude's being a craven coward and hiding; either from us or from his much-younger trophy wife, or both.

I'm truly disappointed.

After all of his rash braggadocio leading up to the election, I thought for sure he'd have enough class and character to return to Skins's island once it was unsubmerged, and congratulate us.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2016, 01:10:50 PM »
The Molly Ivins wannabe, drunken NanceGreggs deserves a nomination.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2016, 02:58:48 PM »
I don't know if diabeticman made it past Christmas, but certainly deserves a nomination for this late 2015 thread http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=7423760

Epic

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2016, 03:15:27 PM »
I don't know if diabeticman made it past Christmas, but certainly deserves a nomination for this late 2015 thread http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=7423760

Epic

That'll work, given that the "year" starts on Thanksgiving Eve (so that all can be voted on and the awards written by December 31).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2016, 08:21:56 PM »
For the "Bill" I nominate Skinner. Early on he was in the bag for Hillary (his wife a paid staffer). He invited paid professional Hillary trolls who bullied the board...driving half of his paying customers to Jackpine Radicals.
Further, Skinner faked a hack attack, and used the excuse to shut down two boards.

I'm an old timer here at CC. I remember a previous board where one person invited an invasion of trolls. CC is the result.

Skinner split his board for selfish reasons and used deception to get what customers he had to pay up for a star just to post. Skinner may have doomed DU.

for all those reasons, Skinner gets my nomination for the "Bill."

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2016, 08:25:49 PM »

Epic
A point of order. We ought to be nominating diabeticman's pretend inflatable wife. Apart from her imagined thoughts diabeticman never seemed to express any personal opinion of his own.

and I would like to second the nomination for Graham4anything. This guy was a total loon. he's been predicting a 500+ EC victory since day one. He predicted Bush would be the nominee. If people started making fun of Hillary on one of his threads, he would delete his OP and shut the conversation down.

One person asked if he loved Hillary so much why doesn't he marry her?...G4A said, YES he would marry her if he could. NEVER have I seen such idolization mixed with such a pathetic individual.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 08:32:47 PM by Mr Mannn »

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2016, 08:34:36 PM »
A point of order. We ought to be nominating diabeticman's pretend inflatable wife. Apart from her imagined thoughts diabeticman never seemed to express any personal opinion of his own.

and I would like to second the nomination for Graham4anything. This guy was a total loon. he's been predicting a 500+ EC victory since day one. He predicted Bush would be the nominee. If people started making fun of Hillary on one of his threads, he would delete his OP and shut the conversation down.

One person asked if he loved Hillary so much why doesn't he marry her?...G4A said, YES he would marry her if he could. NEVER have I seen such idolization mixed with such a pathetic individual.

Graham4Anything was something.  :mental:  :lmao:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2016, 12:40:10 AM »

There might, or might not, be a problem if a primitive from DU Jr. wins any spots in the Top Ten DUmmies.

Unless Skins gets DU Jr. up and running again, it'll be rather difficult to write the awards, not having access to any archives of comments and original topics.

I'm desperately hoping Skins gets it back up during the next few weeks.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2016, 08:41:21 AM »
For the "Bill" I nominate California piggy.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2016, 11:25:17 AM »
For the "Bill" I nominate California piggy.

That's a good one, and I'm adding the bitter old Vermontese cali primitive.  They've both been on Skins's island nearly all of its existence, and usually prominent.

Although one does miss California Peggy posting all those photographs of herself.  Really.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2016, 11:43:42 AM »
For DOTY Ken Burch.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2016, 11:44:50 AM »
That's a good one, and I'm adding the bitter old Vermontese cali primitive.  They've both been on Skins's island nearly all of its existence, and usually prominent.

Although one does miss California Peggy posting all those photographs of herself.  Really.
Although you can always peruse them at your leisure.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2016, 12:50:03 PM »
Walldude for the "Bill"

Jeffersonsghost for DOTY.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2016, 05:07:53 PM »
There might, or might not, be a problem if a primitive from DU Jr. wins any spots in the Top Ten DUmmies.

Unless Skins gets DU Jr. up and running again, it'll be rather difficult to write the awards, not having access to any archives of comments and original topics.

I'm desperately hoping Skins gets it back up during the next few weeks.

It shouldn't be too much of an issue, so long as it's available through Google's cache of the site.