Author Topic: WND breaks story that Amityschild dug up!!  (Read 4717 times)

Offline Amityschild

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Saved by Grace
WND breaks story that Amityschild dug up!!
« on: August 04, 2008, 01:38:50 PM »
Here:  http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=71431

It's hysterical:

"My brother Hosam and I knew that Obama will be a big hit even before he became a candidate. We knew the guy would be a celebrity in Gaza so we decided to invest the amount of $29,000 to buy Obama T-shirts from his website and sell them in Gaza," Monir Edwan told WND, speaking by cell phone from Gaza.

:rotf:

"100 per cent of us die, and the percentage cannot be increased."
--C.S. Lewis   _______________________________________
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.
--Mark Twain

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: WND breaks story that Amityschild dug up!!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 01:41:19 PM »
JERUSALEM – Palestinian brothers inside the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip are listed in government election filings as having donated $29,521.54 to Sen. Barack Obama's campaign.

The donations would violate election laws, including prohibitions on receiving donations from foreigners and guidelines against accepting more than $2,300 from one individual during a single election, Bob Biersack, a spokesman for the Federal Election Commission, told WND in response to a query.

The contributions also raise numerous questions about the Obama campaign's lax online donation form, which apparently allows for the possibility of foreign contributions.

Last week, the Atlas Shrugs blog outlined a series of donations in 2007 made to Obama's campaign from two individuals, Monir Edwan and Hosam Edwan, totaling $29,521.54.

In an online form on Obama's campaign site, the Edwans listed their street as "Tal Esaltan," which they wrote was located in "Rafah, GA."

Rafah is not a city in Georgia. The Atlas blog immediately raised concerns that the money may have been donated from the Gaza Strip town of Rafah.

Great story, much more.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 01:45:33 PM »
Well done! The blogosphere strikes again.

Offline Amityschild

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Saved by Grace
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 01:49:21 PM »
I'm still digging through the data file.  There is so much potential in it!   :fuelfire:
--Mark Twain

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 02:42:26 PM »
un-huh....and the Godfather made all his money selling olive oil.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 03:47:58 PM »
Amazing.  Amazing that they would buy them from the campaign instead of just ripping off the design, that is.  The idea of Palestinians actually paying heed to intellectual property law makes this story a bit hard to credit.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 08:22:13 PM »
Obama has some explaining to do.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 08:25:16 PM »
Obama has some explaining to do.

One does NOT interrogate the Messi-uh.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 08:27:06 PM »

One does NOT interrogate the Messi-uh.

Yes, their Jim Jones.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 09:30:47 AM »
D

Offline Amityschild

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Saved by Grace
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
JERUSALEM – Palestinian brothers inside the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip are listed in government election filings as having donated $29,521.54 to Sen. Barack Obama's campaign.

The donations would violate election laws, including prohibitions on receiving donations from foreigners and guidelines against accepting more than $2,300 from one individual during a single election, Bob Biersack, a spokesman for the Federal Election Commission, told WND in response to a query.

The contributions also raise numerous questions about the Obama campaign's lax online donation form, which apparently allows for the possibility of foreign contributions.

Last week, the Atlas Shrugs blog outlined a series of donations in 2007 made to Obama's campaign from two individuals, Monir Edwan and Hosam Edwan, totaling $29,521.54.

In an online form on Obama's campaign site, the Edwans listed their street as "Tal Esaltan," which they wrote was located in "Rafah, GA."

Rafah is not a city in Georgia. The Atlas blog immediately raised concerns that the money may have been donated from the Gaza Strip town of Rafah.

Great story, much more.

Frank...I've been meaning to add a footnote for you in particular.  Recall the Andy Stephenson story?  I pulled data from the DUmmie threads back then and put them in searchable spreadsheet files for all to peruse.  I used the same program to do this with the FEC data.  It's such a handy program.

And I did speak with Pamela Geller today.  She called me 'Erin Brockovich'.   :innocent:

We have more angles on Obama's contributions.  There is a lot there to work with.  She is working with the ACU to file a lawsuit.

This is so much fun!  Stay tuned to Atlas Shugs!  http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/  There are several stories I've passed to her that she has posted.
--Mark Twain

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 06:38:44 PM »

It's hysterical:

"My brother Hosam and I knew that Obama will be a big hit even before he became a candidate. We knew the guy would be a celebrity in Gaza so we decided to invest the amount of $29,000 to buy Obama T-shirts from his website and sell them in Gaza," Monir Edwan told WND, speaking by cell phone from Gaza.

So I take it that was you talking to Tom Marr tonite? :-)

You sounded great and did a great job!
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Amityschild

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Saved by Grace
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 08:38:13 PM »
I sounded great??  Oh damn, I thought I was getting too arcane.  I must do better on Fox News Sunday  :rotf:
--Mark Twain

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 12:14:29 AM »
Palestinians Deny Obama Returned Illegal Contributions
The Wall Street Journal reported it spoke to Obama officials who said the donations from three Palestinian brothers were received between Sept. 20 and Dec. 6 last year, and virtually all of the money was returned by Dec. 6. The campaign said, however, the refunds were not reported to the Federal Election Commission due to a technical error.

The Obama camp insisted the remaining $2,500 was refunded Monday and all of the refunds will be reflected soon in an amended report. The campaign said new controls are in place to prevent any similar attempts in the future.

But WND asked two of the brothers - Monir and Hasam Edwan - to respond to the campaign's claims.  "No, we did not receive any money back from the Obama campaign at any time," said Monir Edwan.

Ruh roh! :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 06:05:24 AM »
I sounded great??  Oh damn, I thought I was getting too arcane.  I must do better on Fox News Sunday  :rotf:

No you were fine.  The audience you are talking to on this stuff understands what you're trying to say and that's the important part.  Just remember to relax and when you talk just block out everything else and treat it like a one on one conversation with the person you are talking to and forget about whatever listening audience is out there.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 07:50:53 AM »

It's hysterical:

So I take it that was you talking to Tom Marr tonite? :-)

You sounded great and did a great job!

I caught that and I agree. This needs legs and exposure.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Amityschild

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Saved by Grace
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 08:27:55 AM »

No you were fine.  The audience you are talking to on this stuff understands what you're trying to say and that's the important part.  Just remember to relax and when you talk just block out everything else and treat it like a one on one conversation with the person you are talking to and forget about whatever listening audience is out there.
Thank you so much for the advice.  I am not an extrovert.  I needed to call, so I pushed myself.  This might happen again, so I need the advice!

The story is being twisted by Obama's campaign.  That the Obama campaign is addressing a story originating on a blog and reported by WND speaks volumes. 

Kos gooks are now claiming that WND may have concocted it http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=71651.  I am the person that generated the story!  I know the truth!  I guess what they say about making sausage is true.

--Mark Twain