Author Topic: the hurricane  (Read 23873 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
the hurricane
« on: October 05, 2016, 02:43:46 PM »
I don't know if any members here are in the path of the incoming hurricane, other than our good and esteemed friend ChuckJ.  It looks as if he's pretty much Ground Zero for it.

Godspeed, Chuck, for you and yours.

And for all other members of conservativecave down there.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
Re: the hurricane
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 03:33:43 PM »
My Grandson is in Charleston and we are very worried about him.  We recently moved to San Antonio from the TX Coastal Bend and, after 23 years down there it's a big relief not to be worrying about the window shutters, boat and evacuation this year.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 04:20:28 PM »
I don't know if any members here are in the path of the incoming hurricane, other than our good and esteemed friend ChuckJ.  It looks as if he's pretty much Ground Zero for it.

Godspeed, Chuck, for you and yours.

And for all other members of conservativecave down there.

Well, FlippyDoo is there too . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 06:05:03 PM »
Was in the path for the past few days, now it seems we'll be spared.  I don't know who has taken the hurricane magnet from eastern NC.... THANKS
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 01:37:32 PM »
My sister moved to Florida in 2005 just before the big hurricane and had to evacuate to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort.  :whistling:

I don't want to tie up lines until after the "all-clear" is given for this one. 
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 03:37:18 PM »
Thanks for your concern coach. I'm quickly becoming more concerned myself. Based experience gained from living in this area for about half a century I really expected this thing to both slow down and begin a more eastward course, but it's looking more and more like we're going to be in for a rough ride.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 12:10:10 PM »
Take care guys. I'm about to hit the road.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 12:20:44 PM »
Take care guys. I'm about to hit the road.

Godspeed.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 01:39:42 PM »
I made my destination okay. I'm actually closer to the coast and storm, but there's only one tree to worry about here. A lot of rain. At times it's falling at 45 degree angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 07:54:14 PM »
Power just went off. Wind is blowing real strong.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 08:09:34 PM »
Power just went off. Wind is blowing real strong.

Be safe; I'm passing along what you're saying and doing in the "shoutbox" here.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 08:43:25 PM »
According to info I can pull up on a local weather station the wind is all over the place. It'll go from 35 mph winds with gusts of 53 mph to 23 mph with gusts of 38 then back again.

From what I'm seeing on facebook power is off over most of the county.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 03:38:17 AM »
Tough night. The wind was roaring all night. Apparently it knocked out the weather station that I was getting my info from. According to reports trees are down everywhere. Power is out all over.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 06:33:12 AM »
Stay safe.  Is the storm to the north now?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2016, 08:56:21 AM »
Yeah, it's to the north now. I'm back home. We have power, but I passed through an entire town that appeared to be powerless. Several trees were in the roads. I had to make several route changes to make it home.

I think we have four trees down here. One large pine snapped in half. One medium size oak fell over with roots and all. Thankfully none hit anything. One missed a shed by about 2 feet. The yard itself looks like a disaster with limbs and leaves everywhere.

Unfortunately my internet is out and my data allowance for this phone is near running out.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 09:46:28 AM »
Glad you're safe and your home is intact!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2016, 03:36:53 PM »
My parents' power is out. Someone said that it could be out for up to four days. They both have to use a nebulizer and one of my dad's medications has to be refrigerated. I spent a couple of hours looking for a generator in a about a 60 mile radius. Couldn't find anything, but I decided to take a chance and ride to town. Power was out all over town, but one of the hardware stores had a lot of cars in the parking lot so we stopped. They didn't have power but they did have a shipment of generators that had just come in. While taking it to my parents I saw a lot of houses with trees on them:

All in all I've been blessed.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 04:15:02 PM »
Glad all are well Chuck. 

The water is up about 4 feet here in New Bern and raining.  Not much wind about 20 constant with higher gusts. The worst will be here overnight.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 06:23:00 PM »
Still raining. I'm worried about the backside of this storm.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 07:06:20 PM »
Be safe CH. I've seen reports that wind in my area was up to 50 with gusts of over 70. That would have been after the hurricane had passed and might have been the racket I was hearing late Friday night & early Saturday morning.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2016, 08:36:02 PM »
On radar the storm looks pretty awful now but more disbused.

Stay safe and stay well all!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2016, 04:37:05 AM »
It's blowing like crazy here.   Can't wait for daylight.  Still have power, but no cable.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2016, 08:50:54 AM »
It's blowing like crazy here.   Can't wait for daylight.  Still have power, but no cable.

How's it going there now Crazy Horse?

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2016, 12:20:02 PM »
How's it going there now Crazy Horse?

Sunny and windy.  We seemed to dodge a bullet yesterday.

what's happening west of me is horrible.  They're predicting Floyd level flooding or higher to the west of me.  A lot of bad is getting ready to happen to people this week.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2016, 01:55:26 PM »
Sunny and windy.  We seemed to dodge a bullet yesterday.

what's happening west of me is horrible.  They're predicting Floyd level flooding or higher to the west of me.  A lot of bad is getting ready to happen to people this week.

I rode around town and some of the neighborhoods near me earlier today. Power is still out in town. There are trees down all over the place. At one of the playgrounds in town about 5 or 6 huge pines went over with roots and all. At another place a saw about a 20" pine that was shredded about waist high. A lot of the houses had trees blown down right next to them, but thankfully I've only seen a handful of houses with actual damage. From the reports I've seen some of NC is taking more of a beating than Georgia.