Author Topic: our colleague 5412 pens an excellent article  (Read 5237 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
our colleague 5412 pens an excellent article
« on: September 08, 2016, 06:56:40 PM »
http://milleronthemoney.com/promise-pigs-deliver-pig-iron/

It's well worth reading in its entirety at the link; the site belongs to one of ours.

Promise them Pigs but deliver Pig Iron

I’m very afraid right now and I’m not alone.

My life changed radically in 2008. I have written about the government pulling the financial rug out from under retirees. Today I will venture into new, uncharted territory.

The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) bill, signed by President Bush, authorized $700 billion to bail out the banks.....

.....I wrote my congressional representatives urging them to vote NO on the bank bailout. The Huffington Post tells us, “The disgust is bipartisan, with 87 percent of Republicans and Independents opposing future bank bailouts, along with 81 percent of Democrats.”

One of our state senators voted for the bailout. I was astounded when I saw him on television admitting that 90% of the people who contacted his office opposed to the bailout. His arrogance continued when I received his email justifying his decision.

My response was clear.

“Senator, in the words of Clark Gable, ‘Frankly I don’t give a damn’ how you feel. You are hired and paid by us, the voters, to represent us in Washington. If 90% of the people that hire and pay you feel that strongly on any issue, it is your job to represent us.”

I did not get a reply.....
apres moi, le deluge