Author Topic: 700 inmates have been released from Gitmo, and more than 200 have returned to fi  (Read 1779 times)

Offline DLR Pyro

Last week the Obama Administration approved its largest-ever release of detainees from Guantanamo Bay, sending 15 extremists back into the world.

By now, the pattern has become familiar:  the President lets hardened terrorists go free, Congress and the American people express outrage, and the White House ignores the uproar.

But the grave risks of this policy cannot be ignored.  The President is giving terrorists a one-way ticket back to the battlefield.
In fact, officials have confirmed to Congress that some former detainees are responsible for attacking or killing Americans since being freed.  Yet, incredibly, the releases persist.

Not only does the President’s rush to open Gitmo’s jail cells allow fighters to keep waging war against us, it also gives the jihadist A-team a chance to mentor a new generation of radicals.

“Outrageous” hardly describes the non-logic of this policy.  What Commander-in-Chief lets the enemy return to the fight in the middle of a war?

But that’s just the problem—the President doesn’t believe we’re fighting one.

He declared an end to the global war on terror in 2013, and he downplayed the danger from ISIS as “killers with good social media” who are “on the back of pickup trucks” and plotting “in apartments or garages.”

In reality, though, we’ve entered uncharted territory.  Those killers have now been tied to more than 100 terrorist plots or attacks against Western countries, an unprecedented wave of terror.  And former Gitmo detainees are eagerly joining ISIS’s ranks, in addition to re-enlisting with al Qaeda.

Still the White House sees Gitmo detainees as victims of a war on terror that went too far—relics of Bush Administration heavy-handedness—who should be reintegrated into society.

But I have been to the detention facility, and I can promise you these inmates are not gentle souls who have seen the light.

They are the worst of the worst, and they are dead set on killing more Americans.

Nearly 700 inmates have been released from Gitmo, and more than 200 have returned to the fight or are suspected of doing so, according to the Director of National Intelligence.  And that’s just who we know about.

Sadly, the President is more focused on letting these terrorists loose than on rounding up more of them.
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/homeland-security/292336-we-cant-afford-to-give-terrorists-a-one-way-ticket-back

obama could care less about Americans getting killed by terrorists.  Remember when he referred to the 4 Americans killed in Benghazi as "bumps in the road". 

He lives in and will continue to live in a security bubble after he leaves office, so he is virtually untouchable to the evil people he is hell bent on putting back into the world. 

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Narcissists are never wrong, and never in doubt about how "right" they are.

Beyond the narcissism, Barry has the blood of Americans on his hands. He is despicable and worthy of nothing but my contempt. I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.