Author Topic: this is  (Read 14929 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
this is
« on: August 21, 2016, 10:18:06 PM »
This is driving me nuts, and I for the life of me can't figure out how to fix it.

I've "saved" this in my "favorites," on both Internet Explorer and Windows Edge:

https://youtu.be/TVP_TGjSLw8

In fact, it was the very first youtube thing I ever "saved," period, in my whole life.

It's 5:50 in length.

But when one clicks on it in "favorites," it starts at 4:36 rather than at 0:00.

How do I get it to start at 0:00 instead of 4:36?

Thanks.  It's driving me nuts that I can't figure out how to correct this.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: this is
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 10:19:42 PM »
Now, when I click on the image here, it starts at 0:00.

But when I click on the favorites file, it starts at 4:36.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 04:11:06 AM »
Create a new bookmark when you've just pulled up the file and haven't played it yet. Then try it and see if it works would be my suggestion.   
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 08:39:10 AM »
Create a new bookmark when you've just pulled up the file and haven't played it yet. Then try it and see if it works would be my suggestion.

Thank you, esteemed sir, but I tried that.

Didn't work.

Even when it hasn't been played and is at 0:00, when I save as a bookmark, the bookmarked link still starts at 4:36.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 07:02:37 AM »
I'm not the best guy with computers,  but it could be possible that YouTube left a cookie in your cache for.that particular video. Maybe clearing the cache of your internet browser will help? 
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers