Author Topic: Dutch woman jailed in Qatar after reporting rape convicted of 'illicit sex'  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Dutch woman jailed in Qatar after reporting rape convicted of 'illicit sex'

A Dutch woman who has been in jail in Qatar since mid-March after she reported being raped, has been found guilty of "illicit consensual fornication" and being "drunk in a public place."

At a court hearing in Doha Monday, the 22-year old, whom CNN has identified only as Laura, was handed a one-year suspended sentence and placed on probation for three years for the sex-related charge, and fined 3,000 Qatari Riyals ($823) for being drunk outside a licensed location.

A Syrian man also appeared alongside her and was found guilty of the same crimes. He was sentenced to 100 lashes for the illicit fornication charge and a further 40 lashes for the illegal consumption of alcohol. As a Muslim he is not allowed to drink at all under Qatari law.
CNN

Islam is incompatible with a free nation. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

She's lucky she isn't going to be stoned to death.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Why anyone would voluntarily set foot in one of these ass-backward nations is beyond me.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline freedumb2003b

Why anyone would voluntarily set foot in one of these ass-backward nations is beyond me.

It is the equivalent of a white boy like me going into South Central with dollars hanging out of my pockets and a #BlackLivesSuck T Shirt.

This is like them fools who hiked into Iran.

Sorry ladies, get in the tiger cage, expect to be bitten.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.