Author Topic: In Light Of Orlando  (Read 4756 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
In Light Of Orlando
« on: June 12, 2016, 09:54:23 PM »
What happened in Orlando, makes me think are the more to come this year.

Do you think there will be a much larger terrorist attack in the future?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: In Light Of Orlando
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 10:09:50 PM »
If Hillary gets elected, you can count on it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 10:16:36 PM »
It's possible. As long as this administration keeps sticking its head in the sand and the left keeps running block for Crazy Hamid I believe it's going to do nothing but embolden them to do more.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 10:21:16 PM »
It's possible. As long as this administration keeps sticking its head in the sand and the left keeps running block for Crazy Hamid I believe it's going to do nothing but embolden them to do more.
I would say they're doing more than sticking their heads in the sand.  By refusing to call it what it is, they're actively promoting it.  The FBI interviewed this guy twice and did nothing.  How many times have we heard that in the last 7+ years. :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 10:36:42 PM »
If your goat-humping "religion" tells you to kill your fellow man for your ticket into heaven, you might be a dumbass.

If your religion tells you to cover a woman with a sack, you might be a dumbass.

If your religion tells you not to eat pork but you can marry a child, you might be a dumbass.

Allahu dumbass ackbar.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 11:09:05 PM »
Why did it take the local PD three hours to respond?  Unacceptable.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 11:16:01 PM »
Why did it take the local PD three hours to respond?  Unacceptable.
Didn't hear that nugget of info.  And I've been following the story off & on all day.  Most large cities respond in minutes.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 11:17:39 PM »
If Hillary gets elected, you can count on it.
I'd suspect there will be LOTS of shenanigans at both conventions in Cleveland & Baltimore.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 11:47:12 PM »
Didn't hear that nugget of info.  And I've been following the story off & on all day.  Most large cities respond in minutes.

They responded quickly, but they set a perimeter and didn't make entry for three hours.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 08:20:24 AM »
They responded quickly, but they set a perimeter and didn't make entry for three hours.

And I suppose that there will be stories of multiple dead victims who could have been saved if the Orlando PD had made a 'dynamic entry' right when it began. :banghead:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 08:59:01 AM »
And I suppose that there will be stories of multiple dead victims who could have been saved if the Orlando PD had made a 'dynamic entry' right when it began. :banghead:

One way or another, Governor Scott Walker will be blamed since he is a republican.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 09:57:33 AM »
One way or another, Governor Scott Walker will be blamed since he is a republican.

That'll be quite a stretch, even for the DUchebags, as Rick Scott is the Governor of Florida (Walker is Wisconsin).
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 10:09:52 AM »
That'll be quite a stretch, even for the DUchebags, as Rick Scott is the Governor of Florida (Walker is Wisconsin).

:doh: They still might try.  :rofl:  Okay, so Rick Scott will get some blame.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 11:54:29 AM »

I could see it. Walker is the new face of Republican eeeevil, with tentacles (I said tentacles, dammit!!!) extending far beyond the  border of Cheesitania.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline nomad54

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 04:15:57 PM »
Do you think there will be a much larger terrorist attack in the future?

I have no doubt, success will embolden others to try.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2016, 04:44:54 PM »
I have no doubt, success will embolden others to try.

This was one Muslim at a nightclub. What about a concerted effort of three or more people at a sporting event or concert?

Offline mrclose

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 05:29:34 PM »
The FBI interviewed this guy twice and did nothing.  How many times have we heard that in the last 7+ years. :(

He, like one of the Boston bombers traveled overseas!

Like the Boston bomber .. the FBI didn't seem to have a problem with that!

“We have confirmed that Omar Mateen traveled to Saudi Arabia in 2011 and 2012.

What the FBI is doing right now is they’re building out a complete picture to see if they can nail down that timeline.”

http://injo.com/2016/06/628165-orlando-shooter-saudiarabia/

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline mrclose

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 03:39:08 PM »
I would say they're doing more than sticking their heads in the sand.  By refusing to call it what it is, they're actively promoting it.  The FBI interviewed this guy twice and did nothing.  How many times have we heard that in the last 7+ years. :(

A scenario that makes me smile:

LORETTA LYNCH vs. OMAR MATEEN

MATEEN: "I shot up the Pulse Club because I am a member of ISIS."

LYNCH: "No you're not."

MATEEN: "Wait, what? Yes I am..."

LYNCH: "No, this has nothing to do with Muslim terrorism. I have no idea why you did this, but it wasn't radical Islam."

MATEEN: "WHAT!? Did you read what I told the 911 operator? I gave explicit Quranic justification. This is jihad, a holy crusade against pagans, blasphemers, and homosexuals."

LYNCH: "No, this is definitely not a Muslim thing. You are not a true Muslim, and you defame a great religion by saying so."

MATEEN: "Who are you to tell me I'm not a true Muslim!? Islam is literally at the core of everything I do, and we have implemented the truest most literal and honest interpretation of its founding texts, the Quuran. It is my very reason for being."

LYNCH: "Nope. We're still trying to figure out why you did this. I bet it's because of White Men. It's because you were disenfranchised. We're sorry."

MATEEN: "What? Why are you apologizing? I just slaughtered you mercilessly by the dozens. I targeted unwitting civilians and gays - disenfranchisement doesn't even enter into it!"

LYNCH: "Easy access to guns is what drives your anger."

MATEEN: "It's not the guns! We will knife you, hang you, burn you, run you over, and bombs are easy to create in our kitchens! We don't care about the guns! In fact, civilian gun ownership might actually make it difficult for us!"

LYNCH: "Obviously we need to ban all guns. We need to overturn the Second Amendment."

MATEEN: "By Allah, you are a motherless tool! The weapon is not the issue! Our Holy Jihad against you is the only thing that is important!"

LYNCH: "Climate Change is the reason you rage against us. We deserve it."

MATEEN: "What does Climate Change have to do with this???"

LYNCH: "Because of Climate Change, the oceans will rise by one-tenth of one inch, and that makes you furious...."

MATEEN: (facepalms)

LYNCH: "You see no future for your children because of Climate Change so you strap bombs on them and send them into shopping malls.

MATEEN: "NO ... It has NOTHING to do with Climate Change or Gun Control or ANYTHING like that! It is because we follow the teachings of the Prophet Mohammad, who tells us to put all unbelievers to the sword! We are commanded by Allah to kill you all!"

LYNCH: "This is all caused by the fact we bullied gays and transgenders in our past. If we hadn't been so mean, and accepted Bruce Jenner for the amazing woman he was all those years, you would not be trying to kill us. Please forgive us."

MATEEN: I targeted gays for slaughter! We kill gays the moment we find them! We hang them by their necks any chance we can! Islam hates homosexuality!"

LYNCH: "Listen, it's our fault. We resisted resettling you in our country. We should have given you more welfare and food stamps. We don't blame you for feeling unwelcome and lashing out."

MATEEN: "Stop taking credit for this!
I worked really hard to pull this off, and I'm not going to let you take it away from me."

LYNCH: "No, we nourished your extremism. We accept full blame."

MATEEN: How many people do I have to kill to get my message across?""

LYNCH: "Gun control will fix this."
(compliments of Lazamataz)
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous