Author Topic: Coping: A Pop Quiz for Preppers  (Read 10000 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Coping: A Pop Quiz for Preppers
« on: June 09, 2016, 08:18:10 AM »
I saw this at George Ure's UrbanSurvival.com and I thought that it would be a good thing to bring over here.

Coping: A Pop Quiz for Preppers

Posted on June 9, 2016

Although UrbanSurvival has been in the prepping space since 1997 when economics and being ready for “What’s the WORST that could happen?” we do admit taking a few years to rest on our laurels.

With good reason, I might add: Once you make a decision to prep and actually do it, most of your preps will last a good long while – years even.

Still, I occasionally challenge myself (and this morning’s you’ve been nominated, too) with a Personal Pop Prepping Quiz.

There are no “right” or “wrong” answers to a lot of this. It really comes down in many cases to your personal appetite for risk – which is why prepping and economics get along so well in the same head-space: Both of really about Risk and there is a huge slice of “Futuring” involved in it, as well.

So role up your French Toast and pour some more bean…we begin now:

Because I limit my quoting to five paragraphs or so, you'll have to go to the link to read the scenario and the quiz . . .

http://urbansurvival.com/coping-a-pop-quiz-for-preppers/

It's good stuff.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: Coping: A Pop Quiz for Preppers
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 11:14:53 AM »
It's an interesting and thought provoking quiz.

I recently moved and have a quote for a new generator. The new house has natural gas but the gas company either won't or can't tell me their backup plans for moving the gas when there is a wide spread power outage. I'm hoping they have their own gas powered compressors.

On the positive side, I have a new RecTec pellet grill so IF there is gas for the generator I have lots of cooking pellets. The cooking pellets are surprisingly efficient.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne