Author Topic: WishaDUpe Part II, Electric Begaloo, with a CC shout out  (Read 1129 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
WishaDUpe Part II, Electric Begaloo, with a CC shout out
« on: May 01, 2016, 08:02:39 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027794928

Sun May 1, 2016, 12:47 PM
Star Member OneGrassRoot (20,947 posts)

Wishadoo!: Mutual Benefit Community

Last edited Sun May 1, 2016, 01:56 PM - Edit history (2)

For those of you who recognize my screen name and remember Wishadoo!, you know I've been on this path for a long time and have posted periodically while having things on hold, asking for feedback as I've explored different ways forward. I had to put Wishadoo! and everything else on hold because it worked as intended -- there is definitely proof of concept -- but it was almost immediately overwhelming for me, especially as I've had to continue to do the work-work which puts food on the table. I never had time to catch my breath and create/find ways to fund it. When people started falling through the cracks, that's when I decided to put it on hold; I'd rather Wishadoo! not exist than anyone make their way there and not be at the very least acknowledged. I most definitely need a national network -- people in each state -- to be in place the next time around. I'll certainly be reaching out beyond DU but thought I'd share this here, too.

The TL;DR version of the background info below is this: Anyone resonate with the Coalition for Good and/or Wishadoo! and want to be involved in some capacity? If so, let me know.   

I've been hesitant to post anything here lately because in doing so it leaves me and my work open to attack given the nature of trolls who peruse sites like DU. I'm all for criticism, but mob attacks with the intent to destroy are another matter. Online attacks are especially vicious and prevalent, and it's simply a fact that it happens to women a lot more -- especially women such as myself who speak of such dangerous things as mutual benefit, justice (social, racial, economic, environmental...the whole shebang), and compassion.   

I've had experience with these online attacks and stalking as some of you may recall, and I know there are a significant number of people out there who are eager to not only demonize but destroy everything I'm about. I didn't realize how much the previous experience had impacted me until fairly recently when I had to admit to myself that it DID make me afraid to open myself up to attacks and smears once again. (  CC'ers, I know y'all will create a thread about this post sometime today.)

[snip]

Five hours later, with NO replies:

Sun May 1, 2016, 04:59 PM
1. kickin' this myself :) n/t

Sun May 1, 2016, 08:06 PM
renate (8,988 posts)
2. sorry to be dense....

Are YOU the creator of Coalition for Good? I saw a mention of Wishadoo on the home page but I wasn't sure whether you were running the whole thing or were writing a blog post as part of an already-established group.

Either way--you sure have a lot of energy!

Sun May 1, 2016, 08:28 PM
3. LOL...

Yeah, it started with Wishadoo! 9 years ago (yes, I created it). Other projects were created to support the work at Wishadoo, and all are now under the umbrella of Our Good. But Wishadoo! really is the heart of it all.

Now I'm focused on the Coalition for Good -- the latest project under Our Good -- for reasons I tried to explain, with the hope that gathering this Coalition will not only provide support for so much good work going on out there, but also create the network which will enable me to move forward with Wishadoo! and the other projects.

I know it gets confusing. You're far from alone.

No doubt the DUmpmonkeys are frothing at the mouth to line up at the new potential trough. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: WishaDUpe Part II, Electric Begaloo, with a CC shout out
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 08:11:08 PM »
WishaDUpers should send their cash to Torch for her tooth fund.

Pedo Bob up there in Illinois still needs a helping hand, and DUmmy stewert is still in dire straits.

WishaDUpe's "Coalition for Good" hasn't done any of them much good.

That OneAssRoot WishaDUpe DUmbass would rather go online and spout dogooder platitudes that are absolutely nothing but a collection of words.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 09:51:13 PM »

Now, now.

I don't recall anyone here "attacking" the GoFundMe primitive; not even a mere jab.

I do recall however many considering the possibility that the site itself--irrespective of who started it, who maintained it--would be a magnet for all sorts of con men.

And then I also recall many questioning the credibility of those con men.

But she herself, no.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 10:23:38 PM »
Now, now.

I don't recall anyone here "attacking" the GoFundMe primitive; not even a mere jab.

I do recall however many considering the possibility that the site itself--irrespective of who started it, who maintained it--would be a magnet for all sorts of con men.

And then I also recall many questioning the credibility of those con men.

But she herself, no.

I didn't recall anyone ever maligning the OneAssRoot primitive here on CC, but I really wasn't paying that close of attention.  Too many primitives of more importance to observe.

That being said, I'm not surprised that some of the primitives try to claim they're a PoP over here, in an attempt to garner sympathy.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 04:50:06 AM »
Trying to cash in on the animosity towards the stripper witch.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027793498#post166

Response to AngryOldDem (Reply #160)

Sun May 1, 2016, 08:37 PM

166. You recall correctly...

Before DU3 (that's what this incarnation is called, right?) people had to get permission from the admins to post any request involving money. For a while I acted as the go-between with my site, Wishadoo!; I did my best to vet things before ever posting any requests for $$, with the help of other DUers.

When the admins changed the policy and said anyone can post requests, including those for money, I saw no need to continue to try to help. It became a free-for-all and a bit unwieldy. Plus, I needed to put things on hold anyway until I could get help as I was overwhelmed (lots of people beyond DU found their way to Wishadoo).

BTW, for the CC'ers reading, I never received any money for acting as the go-between; Wishadoo never got a cut whatsoever. That's the whole point of Wishadoo, that it's a direct connection, one-on-one.

It breaks my heart to see some of the things that have happened here especially over the last year. Next to primaries, this kind of thing does tear a community apart.

:rofl:

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 05:18:31 AM »
CC'ers, I know y'all will create a thread about this post sometime today.

Well of course we will.  It's the only way your beg-a-thon will get anyone to see it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 05:19:26 AM »
Trying to cash in on the animosity towards the stripper witch.

BTW, for the CC'ers reading, I never received any money for acting as the go-between; Wishadoo never got a cut whatsoever.....

Well, I don't recall any allegation made by anyone here that the Wishful primitive was making any money, herself, off of this.

The brunt of the allegations made here seemed to be that there were sure a lot of con men who were making money off their bogus or exaggerated appeals.....which was a reflection on them, not on the individual running the site.

<<wishes the primitives would stop inventing things we "do."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 11:50:12 AM »
I think most of us are sorry to see WishaDUpe! hit the dustbin of DUmp history.

It was a hilarious site!

My favorite was when Crazy Miriam, nadin's cheapskate boss at the pennysaver, went to WishaDUpe begging for money to buy computer equipment for her "reporters".

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 12:47:51 PM »

"Electic Begaloo" might be the quip of the year so far. ^5
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 12:53:09 PM »

"Electic Begaloo" might be the quip of the year so far. ^5

Agreed. :bow: Sheer genius.  H5 duly given.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 01:13:41 PM »
Besides the do-gooder platitudes, it's now chock full of whining about so-called trolls and stalkers, and how frightened she is.  Is there anything more tedious?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 02:07:21 PM »
I've been hesitant to post anything here lately because in doing so it leaves me and my work open to attack given the nature of trolls who peruse sites like DU. I'm all for criticism, but mob attacks with the intent to destroy are another matter. Online attacks are especially vicious and prevalent, and it's simply a fact that it happens to women a lot more -- especially women such as myself who speak of such dangerous things as mutual benefit, justice (social, racial, economic, environmental...the whole shebang), and compassion.   

I've had experience with these online attacks and stalking as some of you may recall, and I know there are a significant number of people out there who are eager to not only demonize but destroy everything I'm about. I didn't realize how much the previous experience had impacted me until fairly recently when I had to admit to myself that it DID make me afraid to open myself up to attacks and smears once again. (  CC'ers, I know y'all will create a thread about this post sometime today.)

I am VICTIM, hear me whine!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 04:16:47 PM »
I've been hesitant to post anything here lately because in doing so it leaves me and my work open to attack given the nature of trolls who peruse sites like DU. I'm all for criticism, but mob attacks with the intent to destroy are another matter.

...said the DUmmies who openly cheer leftist violence against Trump supporters.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 05:29:33 PM »

...said the DUmmies who openly cheer leftist violence against Trump supporters.

Yea. This DUmmie is scared of words on a screen, yet people just like her are bloodying up Trump supporters. She cheers that stuff on.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.