Author Topic: Muslim hackers infiltrate water utility’s control system  (Read 1630 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Funny--why don't we hear about this stuff? 

Muslim hackers infiltrate water utility’s control system, change levels of chemicals used to treat tap water

March 28, 2016 12:12 pm By Robert Spencer       67 Comments

The location of the utility has not been revealed and its name has been changed in Verizon’s report, but given the fact of Verizon’s involvement, this likely happened in the U.S. — all the other incidents discussed in the report linked in The Register’s article took place in America. And we know that jihadis have long wanted to poison the water supply. As far back as 2002, the feds arrested two jihadis who were carrying plans about how to poison water supplies. In 2003, al-Qaeda threatened to poison water supplies in Western countries. In 2011, a jihadi in Spain likewise planned to poison water supplies.

And in May 2013, seven Muslim “chemical engineers” were caught trespassing at the Quabbin Reservoir, a key supply of water for Boston, after midnight. Only months later and indirectly did we hear that it was a “criminal matter.” A month later, locks were cut at the aqueduct that supplies water to Greater Boston.

Also in May 2013, jihadists were caught in Canada who had considered poisoning air and water to murder up to 100,000 people. In October 2013, the FBI was investigating a possible water supply threat in Wichita. In January 2014, a Muslim broke into a water treatment plant in New Jersey.

“Water treatment plant hacked, chemical mix changed for tap supplies,” by John Leyden, The Register, March 24, 2016 (thanks to Marc):

Hackers infiltrated a water utility’s control system and changed the levels of chemicals being used to treat tap water, we’re told.

The rest of this is at:  http://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/03/muslim-hackers-infiltrate-water-utilitys-control-system-change-levels-of-chemicals-used-to-treat-tap-water

I do know that the NYC Board Of Water has cyberattacks all of the time.  I've been told that by one of their lawyers who I've worked with in the past, and will work with again.  Of all of the fairly large municipal water systems in the US, there's only one that does not have any sort of computer controls on it (still, and I'm not telling which one).  I've been to it.

Water would be one of those essentials, no?

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:32:17 AM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

Re: Muslim hackers infiltrate water utility’s control system
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 10:31:54 AM »
http://fox2now.com/2015/12/16/fbi-alerted-about-group-of-men-asking-about-bagnell-dam/

From mid December.

CAMDEN COUNTY, MO – Police are revealing more about a report of a group of men asking about the Bagnell Dam. Miller County Sheriff Bill Abbott tells Lake News that the Camden County Sheriff’s Office forwarded a security tip regarding the hydroelectric facility to the FBI.

Police tell KMIZ-TV that the incident happened about two weeks ago at the Golden Corral in Osage Beach. A deputy was eating lunch and the wait staff told him about the group of men. Staffers said the men were asking questions about the dam. They wanted to know if they could rent a boat and tour the dam.

The Camden County Sheriff’s Office tells Lake News that they received a tip about a group of “Middle Eastern” men asking about Bagnell Dam. The police department forwarded that report to the FBI and a joint task force on terrorism.