Author Topic: A Muslim in Charlotte responds to Brussels  (Read 1939 times)

Offline IndiCon15

A Muslim in Charlotte responds to Brussels
« on: March 24, 2016, 01:40:40 PM »
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/op-ed/article67796947.html

Sometimes you want to help people out, and be understanding, other times, you just want people to take care of their shit.  Muslims, please take care of your shit.  Call out radical islam and call for reformation.  I can't do that.  I don't have the power or even the right.  It has to be you.  I can support you, but it's gotta be you.

from the article
What can we do as American citizens to help fight terrorism?
â–ª We have to educate our youth to the perils associated with these groups who use social media and the Internet as means to recruit.
â–ª We have to take advantage of every opportunity to speak out and educate the public about true Islam, whether it be by invitation to our mosques, temples, synagogues, or churches.
Lets negotiate:  We'll do that, AFTER you join the movement to denounce radical islam without having to mention how much of a victim you are to islamophobia.  And you can educate people about islam, most of us have other shit to do that's more important.  This one is on you.
â–ª We have to change the narrative from one that engenders fear to one that educates and engenders mutual trust between Americans of varying diverse backgrounds.
Stay focused, we're not talking about "varying diverse backgrounds," we're talking about islam.  So we can't just arbitrarily change a narrative.  YOU can change the narrative by not lecturing me, and lecturing other muslims. Maybe talk about denouncing radical islam and reforming your oppressive and authoritarian religion.
Finally, yes, we are proud of our Islamic heritage, but we are also proud of our American citizenship and believe it is our duty to help defend this nation and the freedom it represents.
Don't care.  Good for you.  I'll personally give you my Gadsden flag and buy you a beer..  Just fix the problem.  Unless you're saying that I'm the problem..... which it kinda feels like.  Like you're saying, "accept islam, and these awful things will stop."  Is that what you're saying?  If so, I'm not giving you my flag.

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: A Muslim in Charlotte responds to Brussels
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 02:01:46 PM »
what's that saying...?  "Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery" or something like that. 

Until mainstream muslims admit radical islam is a a problem, I don't see us "infidels" accepting islam as a peaceful religion as we do with Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism, Buddhism, or any other ism that doesn't total devotion to it at the point of a sword.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 03:58:51 PM »
Islam has never had a "come to Jesus" moment. It is still rooted in violence worshipping a vengeful god.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 05:26:52 PM »
...Right away I thought about the millions of innocent Muslims in this country...

That's the problem, you muzzie ****tard. You think about someone other than the VICTIMS of the Brussels attack.

...came to understand more about in 1975, when the late Imam Wallace D. Mohammed became the leader of the Nation of Islam in America. Through his guidance, we came to understand that Islam is a religion of peace.

Somehow your hero failed to consider that besides the Five Pillars of Islam, there is another facet of your so-called bullshit "faith" that involves beheading of Christians, enslaving them, and otherwise doing bad things to entire bunches of other people who don't happen to practice your bullshit "religion".

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline IndiCon15

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 12:06:01 PM »
When I was reading the article, it didn't register that this guy is a nation of islam guy.  Maybe he can relay my OP to the real muslims.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 02:08:16 PM »
Islam has never had a "come to Jesus" moment. It is still rooted in violence worshipping a vengeful god.

God was not vengeful in the old testament. Islam doesn't worship God, they are followers of Satan and if they put any time in to thinking about it they would realize that this is true.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.