Author Topic: Just Joined This Forum  (Read 12430 times)

Offline cdikrunn84

• Probationary (Probie)
Just Joined This Forum
« on: February 28, 2016, 05:56:56 AM »
Hello. Just finally signed up to this forum this morning after being familiar with it for some time.

I consider myself a conservative. I am among the minority where I come from - Greenfield, Massachusetts - where I see Bernie's name all over everything. In this area, all of the conservative talk radio stations come in with a weak signal. This is also a town (or city, since it has a mayor system these days) without a Walmart, because of the likes of Al Norman living here. And, in many public places, I often keep my political beliefs to myself, for fear of heated discussions and disagreements, with everyone ending up offending each other.

I had also aspired to do a syndicated newspaper comic strip for years, but eventually gave up that idea, because of the changing style of drawings and humor in the comics sections, which I think is not for the better, as many of the newer comic strips for at least the past 35 or so years do not appeal to me at all, and that it seems to me that liberals dominate the field more. They also certainly do for comic strip fanatics as well. For years, I had felt discouraged to do cartooning, but have come back to it in recent years. But I have decided to do the cartooning as just a hobby, as it is more fun this way. There is no one to tell me what to put into my comic, and what not to put into my comic. I also don't have to be pressured by lots of reader mail, which I don't think I could handle very well anyway.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Just Joined This Forum
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 06:13:59 AM »
Welcome to CC. Over in the Blog section, you may find it interesting to post some of your cartoons.

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?board=43.0

And in terms of liberal vs. conservative cartoonists, there is a thread in the Fight Club (a forum that you can't see yet, as you have to have 100 posts before it appears) that would show you that there are plenty of conservative cartoonists out there who routinely show us the insanity that liberalism is.

I too am a survivor of Massachusetts, but I escaped many years ago.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline cdikrunn84

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 10:27:14 PM »
Thanks. I think I will check out the blogs section that you have mentioned. I also have a website with my comics, but I have the more potentially offensive episodes hidden from view more, as I would not show them to everyone, such as the more politically motivated ones, which some would strongly disapprove of.

I have mentioned about talk radio stations in my area. There is one that is close by, and it comes in loud and clear, but it carries very liberal hosts, unfortunately. At some point, it was even affiliated with the short-lived Air America network.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 01:01:57 AM »
Welcome.

Don't be a dick.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 07:03:13 AM »
Howdy! I am Big Dog, from beautiful Smallville, KS. I self-identify as a dog, so I only have to pay $25 a year for a license, instead of paying taxes. It's a cool gig, except when I have to get the rabies shot every December. I sprained my back last week trying to lick my balls, so I'm home a lot more than usual.

Just kidding. Actually, I am a meat-eating, cigar-smoking, bourbon-drinking, motorcycle-riding, gun-toting, full-frontal libertarian with a weakness for hot redheads in yoga pants. I produce and host a radio talk show in Smallville, with 8 loyal listeners.  No shit.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 07:18:25 AM »
Welcome to the CC I guess.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 09:46:28 AM »
Welcome CD.

I have a brother-in-law just outside or next to, Boston.
He was a full-on liberal until 9/11. Funny how some things "jog" a liberal's mind.  :-)
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline cdikrunn84

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 01:36:53 AM »
Welcome CD.

I have a brother-in-law just outside or next to, Boston.
He was a full-on liberal until 9/11. Funny how some things "jog" a liberal's mind.  :-)

At some point, I've read that Presidential candidate Ted Cruz had listened to classic rock, then switched over to country after 9/11 happened. Another example of how this tragic event can affect someone.

Incidentally, I voted for Ted Cruz in the primaries. He seems to appeal to me the most. I figured he is the closest to being a true conservative among the candidates. I look for someone who is truly conservative on not just the fiscal issues, but the social issues as well. It is getting more and more difficult to find a politician who is conservative on the latter one these days.

Mike Huckabee is very strong on this latter issue as well - one of the very, very few politicians who is actually stronger on the social issues than the fiscal ones. That is quite unusual - especially for a politician - but I quite like his stance on the social issues, though. It is great that he is like this.

Offline cdikrunn84

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 01:39:59 AM »
In case anyone wonders, my user name is in reference to a comic strip that I liked quite a lot, which was launched in 1984, and was called "Dick And Jane." This strip only ran one year, though, ending in 1985. This devastated me for years.