Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Trump Craziness  (Read 4737 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: DUmmies Discuss Trump Craziness
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2016, 02:34:40 PM »
I seem to remember, during the 2008 and 2012 campaigns, when those of us who were disgusted with the milquetoast candidates the GOPe told us we were going to have to choose from, we were told "yeah, but the alternative is worse!"  In response to Trump, the same GOPe is saying they won't support him.  Quite a different tune from the past 8 years.

Oh, they're constantly changing their tune, no doubt. Just a couple of months ago, they were saying "Mr. Trump, will you please sign this petition saying that all candidates will agree to support the Republican nominee and not go third party?" to now saying "We're not supporting Trump if he's the nominee."

So they want Trump to support the R nominee, but they aren't willing to support him if he's the nominee. Double standard.

See, it's crap like that that leaves me hoping the R leadership gets run over by a steamroller.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:39:19 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2016, 02:37:01 PM »

Here's what we get with Trump:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/01/politics/donald-trump-marco-rubio-beautiful-hands/index.html

Washington (CNN)Republican front-runner Donald Trump on Tuesday brushed aside demeaning comments from Marco Rubio about the size of his hands, saying others disagree with the Florida senator.

"He said I have small hands -- I'm actually 6'3", not 6'2" -- but I've always heard people say, 'Donald, you have the most beautiful hands,' " Trump said at a rally in Columbus, Ohio, on Super Tuesday.

Let's be as honest as we claim we are: how is that any better than 0loser? 
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2016, 03:20:35 PM »
In all fairness, and for the sake of disclosure, Trump is not my candidate - Ted Cruz is. 

Here's what we get with Trump:

Let's be as honest as we claim we are: how is that any better than 0loser?

I'm sorry, I'm not seeing your point with the juxtaposition of what you've quoted.  What are you trying to say?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2016, 03:26:34 PM »
In all fairness, and for the sake of disclosure, Trump is not my candidate - Ted Cruz is. 

I'm sorry, I'm not seeing your point with the juxtaposition of what you've quoted.  What are you trying to say?

That Trump is a vain, insecure, childish *****.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2016, 03:28:37 PM »

That Trump is a vain, insecure, childish *****.

I'd have to ask, to one degree or another, which of the candidates aren't?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2016, 03:34:55 PM »
I'd have to ask, to one degree or another, which of the candidates aren't?

Really? I am struggling to recall a candidate of either party on a debate stage in any period of American political history saying that someone is ugly. Or stupid.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2016, 05:01:00 PM »
Well I'm gald to se someone else say it.  I'd rather see the Hildabeast get elected than vote for Trump.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2016, 05:20:35 PM »
Well I'm gald to se someone else say it.  I'd rather see the Hildabeast get elected than vote for Trump.

Not me. I'd crawl over broken glass to vote for Trump (or Cruz), rather than see hitlary get in there.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2016, 05:37:26 PM »
Not me. I'd crawl over broken glass to vote for Trump (or Cruz), rather than see hitlary get in there.

Same here.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2016, 05:51:36 PM »
I understand and respect everyones views here and am no Trump fan,am hoping somehow he will not be our nominee.
He has tapped into a few very correct stances on issues such as immigration and built a following from that as well as the thumbing his nose at the leftist political correct,shut up tactic.

I don`t trust him but if he was elected President I am much more willing to roll the dice on his SCOTUS picks then Clintons.
Hopefully a distrustful Senate GOP would still be willing to stop any that were horrible.

As far as the rest,keep in mind that impeachment is virtually impossible unless the sitting Presidents own party is willing to go along and in Trumps case if he turned into a complete lib I suspect they would so it is not a given he can just go any which way on things with no possible recourse.

It may junk any chance in 2020 but is that any less likely then a Shillary reelection bid succeeding?

Maybe she would just be a place keeper trying to cement the Clinton name in history but between her and Bubba she was the ideologue.

If I have to,I will go with the possible ****ing that might kiss me rather then the certain ****ing who would spit in my face with glee just as soon as to look at me.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2016, 06:16:00 PM »

Here's the problem:

The party leaders wanted to give us Jeb. When he couldn't make it, they'd have gladly settled for Rubio or Kasich or even Christie. They don't like Carson (conservative) and they don't like Cruz (conservative). Bottom line: They don't like real conservatives. They like David Brooks type conservatives, which is to say, they don't like everyday average, fly-over country type conservatives (you know; normal people), but rather they like moderate-liberal to liberal candidates who call themselves conservatives.

All the party leaders had to do was to get behind Cruz, go strong conservative on ISIS, border security, trade, getting rid of Obamacare, job creation via lowering taxes and creating incentives for people to go into business, etc... Instead, they try and feed us the same promises we know are empty and they have no intention of doing once they get into office. This time, no dice.

Hillary is an extension of Dear Leader, so we're looking at the status quo and let's give away things to our constituents to try to appease and keep them from coming to our houses with torches and pitchforks. Besides, we can't afford her. Debt will be $40 trillion before she's done.

And who knows, maybe Trump will be just as bad or worse. But once you reach a certain level, what's the difference between getting tossed out of a plane without a parachute from 10,000 feet or 12,000 feet? So you get 2,000 more feet to think about how hard the ground is going to be. Same end result.

So it seems a lot of people are willing to roll the dice with Trump because they figure it can't be any worse than if Billary wins. I see their point. Whether I agree or not isn't relevant, but I do see why they are thinking the way they are.

And does anyone think if the R's lose this year that the leadership will permit a real conservative to run and stand a chance next time around? I don't think so. In fact, we may never see another final GE candidate that's a real conservative run again unless they run as an independent or a third party. We will be stuck with liberal and liberal-lite from the two major parties from here until the USA falls in on itself which, given the history of liberalism, is just a matter of time.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2016, 06:17:24 PM »
Same here.

Either prospect is an insult to the intelligence of any thinking American. I hate it, I REALLY hate it, but if a gun's at my head, I'd vote for Trump and try to think of Goldwater (PBUH).

And if I'm wrong about him, I'll gladly admit it anywhere, anytime, to anyone.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2016, 06:27:36 PM »
As far as the rest,keep in mind that impeachment is virtually impossible unless the sitting Presidents own party is willing to go along and in Trumps case if he turned into a complete lib I suspect they would so it is not a given he can just go any which way on things with no possible recourse.

If anyone tried to impeach Trump, he would simply have them killed.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2016, 06:35:42 PM »

Either prospect is an insult to the intelligence of any thinking American. I hate it, I REALLY hate it, but if a gun's at my head, I'd vote for Trump and try to think of Goldwater (PBUH).

And if I'm wrong about him, I'll gladly admit it anywhere, anytime, to anyone.

I am with you BFDU and have no delusions about Trump.
Nor am I a political neophyte and if a deal is to be sought I would rather he seek it with those that can preserve him over those that intend to politically speaking kill him.

If Scalia had not died I would be far more inclined to go the way you are thinking but now there is one opening on the Court.

Kennedy appointed by Reagan,a swing vote.

Thomas appointed by Bush I and solid.

Ginsburg and Breyer appointed by Clinton,leftist purists.

Roberts and Alito by Bush II,one swing one solid conservative.

Sotomayor and Kagan,by O and so far leftist purists.

That means the possibilty of a total of 5 justices possibly appointed by the next President in their first term given the ages.
If it is Hill they will all end up being leftist purists regardless what they are presented as.

If Trump truly has no actual values (I am not arguing that) then what would he be more willing to make a deal with,the GOP majority with some conservative support or a dem minority?

It is sucky but such is life and often politics.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 06:39:31 PM by Carl »

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2016, 06:50:33 PM »
I am with you BFDU and have no delusions about Trump.
Nor am I a political neophyte and if a deal is to be sought I would rather he seek it with those that can preserve him over those that intend to politically speaking kill him.

If Scalia had not died I would be far more inclined to go the way you are thinking but now there is one opening on the Court.

Kennedy appointed by Reagan,a swing vote.

Thomas appointed by Bush I and solid.

Ginsburg and Breyer appointed by Clinton,leftist purists.

Roberts and Alito by Bush II,one swing one solid conservative.

Sotomayor and Kagan,by O and so far leftist purists.

That means the possibilty of a total of 5 justices possibly appointed by the next President in their first term given the ages.
If it is Hill they will all end up being leftist purists regardless what they are presented as.

If Trump truly has no actual values (I am not arguing that) then what would he be more willing to make a deal with,the GOP majority with some conservative support or a dem minority?

It is sucky but such is life and often politics.

Oh well. Tomorrow when Sanders is finished, all his supporters on DU will suddenly fall in love with Hillary, whereas I will never, ever support Trump, EVER.

Let's just hope our side has enough money to bribe Blagojevich Trump to put a non-liberal on the court.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2016, 07:03:07 PM »

Oh well. Tomorrow when Sanders is finished, all his supporters on DU will suddenly fall in love with Hillary, whereas I will never, ever support Trump, EVER.

Let's just hope our side has enough money to bribe Blagojevich Trump to put a non-liberal on the court.

I can`t support Trump but will accept him if needed given the near term stakes.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2016, 07:26:28 PM »
If anyone tried to impeach Trump, he would simply have them killed.

Better watch out GB... Trump may call up the Gambino brothers and have you eliminated.   :tongue:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2016, 07:34:02 PM »
I can`t support Trump but will accept him if needed given the near term stakes.

Yep.  I am tired of holding my damned nose and voting for the lesser evil.  This country has 350 million plus people... for goodness sakes is there not one person out there that can run on a platform of reforming the out of control elite in DC?  I'd be happy if someone just ran on the sole platform of implementing the fair tax.

Personally I feel that the best thing that could happen to this country if ISIS or AQ would wipe out DC.  DC is out of control.

:rant:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2016, 03:39:06 AM »
Who do I really want?  Cruz.  If he's still in come the NY primary, he's getting my vote.  As my 'neighbor' Carl said, if it's a choice between Clinton and Trump, I'm going with Trump.  Seeing that Cruz is now projected to take AK as well as TX and OK, he may be in long enough for my vote to matter.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2016, 07:10:04 AM »
Sorry, there is not way in HELL I can vote for Trump if he's the nominee. I'll just skip the Presidential vote and vote straight REP. for all Senate and House seats available. If I am forced to vote for President, I'll write in Micky Mouse before I'll vote for that clown Trump. He's a mockery to the process, and the damn voters are too blind (think cult) to see it.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline SVPete

« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2016, 07:31:27 AM »
* Corrupt power-hungry male-hating crone

* Doddering improvident and incapable believer in a political ideology that slaughtered north of 100M innocents in the 20th Century

* Unprincipled crude demagogue

What a delightful choice!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2016, 07:49:01 AM »
I wouldn't normally give John Oliver a second of serious thought, but this Trump takedown is hilarious.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ[/youtube]
I finally got to watch the whole thing. Brilliant.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2016, 10:06:04 AM »
I finally got to watch the whole thing. Brilliant.

Should be required viewing. It doesn't make one a liberal to acknowledge when a liberal is right about something. Now I see that Trump is threatening the Speaker of the House if he becomes President. That tears it for me - I'm not voting for that son of a bitch and I couldn't care less what anyone thinks.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2016, 10:52:38 AM »
    Should be required viewing. It doesn't make one a liberal to acknowledge when a liberal is right about something. Now I see that Trump is threatening the Speaker of the House if he becomes President. That tears it for me - I'm not voting for that son of a bitch and I couldn't care less what anyone thinks.

Granted it's been a busy past day or two, but I missed him threatening the Speaker. What did he say? (In all honesty, I don't know).
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2016, 11:01:13 AM »
Granted it's been a busy past day or two, but I missed him threatening the Speaker. What did he say? (In all honesty, I don't know).

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/02/trump-paulryan-will-get-along-well-with-me-or-hes-gonna-have-to-pay-a-big-price/

That's what we're in for: someone who has absolutely no idea of or use for the separation of powers under the Constitution. No, thank you.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO