Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Trump Craziness  (Read 4761 times)

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Re: DUmmies Discuss Trump Craziness
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2016, 06:00:28 PM »
No. Human decency would have been helping those people stay in their own country and fighting to help make it a better place. Liberal Political Correctness was letting them invade other countries.

Point taken.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2016, 06:22:39 PM »
Amen!!! I hope Cruz can pull it out. He seems to be the closest to a Constitutional Conservative of the bunch.

To be honest I do not particularly like Cruz either.  He has good points, no doubt about that.  I can't help think that the person the USA desperately needs at this moment is not running. Probably does not exist.

To me, we need someone that will work to take the power out of the DC elites, and by extension, the big banks and companies.  We do that by taking the tax code manipulation power away from DC by enacting the fair tax.  Want to raise taxes? Do it on everyone and risk losing your elected position.  The same deal applies to the federal register.  I read something somewhere where dupont made a proposal to change the requirements for AC refrigerant to their new whatever it is.  Used globull warming as an excuse.  Their proposal, if enacted, will require refitting all garages.  There goes the neighborhood garage.   

The reason behind it all?  The patent is expiring on the current refrigerant. 

That is the bullshit game going on in DC and the people are getting screwed.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2016, 06:44:46 PM »
To be honest I do not particularly like Cruz either.  He has good points, no doubt about that.  I can't help think that the person the USA desperately needs at this moment is not running. Probably does not exist.

To me, we need someone that will work to take the power out of the DC elites, and by extension, the big banks and companies.  We do that by taking the tax code manipulation power away from DC by enacting the fair tax.  Want to raise taxes? Do it on everyone and risk losing your elected position.  The same deal applies to the federal register.  I read something somewhere where dupont made a proposal to change the requirements for AC refrigerant to their new whatever it is.  Used globull warming as an excuse.  Their proposal, if enacted, will require refitting all garages.  There goes the neighborhood garage.   

The reason behind it all?  The patent is expiring on the current refrigerant. 

That is the bullshit game going on in DC and the people are getting screwed.

You're missing the point. The people are getting screwed, but the right people are getting paid.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2016, 07:13:09 PM »
You're missing the point. The people are getting screwed, but the right people are getting paid.

:-)

Yep!!!  And it ain't us.  Hell we don't even get a kiss afterwards. 

H5!   :cheersmate:

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline IndiCon15

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2016, 07:34:59 PM »
The problem is, this vicious, raving lunatic and the nuts who support him consider any trace of human decency to be "political correctness".

I wouldn't say he's a raving lunatic, but his debate performances make him look narcissistic ass.  I dont think his supporters are nuts but I wonder if they're having some cognitive dissonance in that the reality is, no one really knows what he's gonna do, and not knowing creates anxiety.  And to relieve that anxiety, you have to either be totally with him, or totally against him.  And then you have to sell that to yourself every time a doubt creeps in.  I figure conservatism is a code of ethics, and you can chose a candidate who best represents that code, so you put the code before the man.  But with Trump, no one really knows what his code of ethics is.  So you put the man before the code because the code is still a question. 

Maybe I haven't seen it and he's got his policy all laid out.  Isn't anyone curious how he's gonna do the things he says he's gonna do?

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2016, 08:28:51 PM »
Isn't anyone curious how he's gonna do the things he says he's gonna do?

He has no intention of doing anything except stealing money and antagonizing people with his out-of-control, maniacal ego. He honestly thinks he can "make deals" with Putin? Putin knows 50 ways to kill Trump with his bare hands. Putin probbaly has $10 for every $1 Trump claims to have. Putin will piss on Trump. You think the mullahs are afraid of Trump? All they have to do is pay their operatives at MSNBC to insult him, and he'll lose his mind and do something stupid, perhaps stupider even than 0loser.

Take Trump at face value. He's a pathetic sack of insecure, egotistical shit who just happens to be rich. 

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2016, 09:32:46 PM »
Trump is not what's killing the Republican Party. What's killing the R's are the party leaders saying if they don't get the nominee they want that they're going to broker the convention or run a third party or any number of other threats. Also all these party people like Romney coming out and making comments about Trump aren't making the tactics of the party leadership any less disgusting.  I don't like Trump, but I dislike the party leadership doing what they're trying to do even less.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline IndiCon15

« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2016, 11:17:19 PM »

Take Trump at face value. He's a pathetic sack of insecure, egotistical shit who just happens to be rich. 

More and more I've had no choice but to take him at face value..... he is egotistical and in terms of insecure, I always wondered if Megan Kelly tapped into that insecurity and there was some sort of anger at his blonde ex wives mixed around in that whole spat.  I have no proof of that btw.......

I'll still vote him though.........reluctantly.....roll the dice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2016, 02:10:13 AM »
I wouldn't normally give John Oliver a second of serious thought, but this Trump takedown is hilarious.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ[/youtube]
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2016, 03:02:38 AM »
I had the misfortune of watching the BBC Evening News.  They sent one of their correspondents to some town in Georgia with a dirt-track race happening and interviewed the spectators.  There was no discussion of policy or any specific details brought up as to what would constitute a Trump Presidency.  The entire segment boiled down to half a dozen trucker-hat wearing people bellowing the inane catchphrase everyone associates with this orange-painted assclown. 

DON'L TRUMP GON MAKE MERIKA GRATE AGIN!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 04:39:05 AM »
I think someone on here said something to the effect that "The devil you know is preferable to the devil you don't know."  Meaning, as I see it, that electing Hillary Clinton is preferable to electing Donald Trump.  Because that's what is going to happen.  So, the SCOTUS goes left.  Goodbye 2nd Amendment.  Goodbye borders.  Goodbye Christianity in the USA (unless it's officially "allowed" by the government).

But, hey--you wouldn't have voted for either Trump or the establishment candidate, whoever they may be!  So you'll have the mythical 'moral victory.'  BFD.  Say hi to President Hillary Clinton, because you helped put her there.

Trump's not my favorite candidate--not by a long shot.  But I'm voting against Hillary Clinton, not for Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:44:45 AM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 07:19:38 AM »
Trump's not my favorite candidate--not by a long shot.  But I'm voting against Hillary Clinton, not for Donald Trump.

Trump could be a potential disaster. Billary would be a certain disaster.

Personally, I don't have a problem with illegals from mexico being here PROVIDED they are law abiding, pay taxes, love their families and make every effort to assimilate.

Thing is they aren't law abiding, otherwise they wouldn't be here illegally in the first place.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:25:58 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2016, 10:49:07 AM »
I think someone on here said something to the effect that "The devil you know is preferable to the devil you don't know."  Meaning, as I see it, that electing Hillary Clinton is preferable to electing Donald Trump.  Because that's what is going to happen.  So, the SCOTUS goes left.  Goodbye 2nd Amendment.  Goodbye borders.  Goodbye Christianity in the USA (unless it's officially "allowed" by the government).

But, hey--you wouldn't have voted for either Trump or the establishment candidate, whoever they may be!  So you'll have the mythical 'moral victory.'  BFD.  Say hi to President Hillary Clinton, because you helped put her there.

Trump vs. Hillary is like stating a preference for one turd over another.

Let me articulate my reasons for believing that a thinking person would not vote for Trump, irrespective of whether one stays home, votes for Hillary, or writes in some other name, like Barry Goldwater (PBUH).

Donald Trump has demanded to be paid for participation in debates, using the logic that he's driving ratings. Trump is a devotee of civil lawsuits, from which he believes he will extract a lot of money from people who have the temerity to disagree with him. Donald Trump has publicly stated that certain people "had better watch out," simply because they said something (generally factual things) that he doesn't like. Trump cannot speak of anything without referring to "deals," leading a reasonable person to infer that Trump has no values nor morals, only bargaining points.  Trump sees absolutely nothing wrong with plainly and utterly lying about something he said earlier that day.

You cannot possibly believe that a man like that wouldn't use the power of the office to enrich himself.
     You cannot possibly believe that a man like Trump wouldn't use the power of the executive office to harass and destroy his rivals.
     You cannot possibly believe that a man like him wouldn't sell us all down the river if he sees even the slightest glimmer of benefit in a "deal" for himself.

Let me explain something to you, and you may already know this: Trump believes that people have "believed" in him, as they have loaned him money and invested with him. He believes he's a dealmaker par excellence, and that makes him wise, trusted, and beloved. That is all false. Trump is the beneficiary of wealth and influence. People who deal with Trump deal with him because they are capitalists, and capitalists are concerned with capital. In fact, Trump is a bad businessperson in a business known for enormous swings and misses, giant variances in outcomes, and extreme bets that often lose. Trump believes that the same mentality, discipline, and approach applies to international relations. It's as false and stupid as loser 0bama's shame- and guilt-based approach to international relations. There is not one world leader, not one, who would trust Trump for more than one second. While Trump is concerned with making a "deal" that Carl Icahn would admire, Russia is concerned with the next hundred years. China won't make a "deal," unless by doing so it creates an intolerable endgame for the United States that is more moves ahead than Trump is capable of seeing. Trump will sell Israel down the river if Putin flatters him. Iran will do to Trump what they did to 0bama. Mexico will simply send people around whatever wall Trump is dumb enough to think he can build, which he won't, because the cartel/Mexican government cabal will simply deposit several hundred million dollars in Trump's overseas accounts to look the other way. Because that is a "deal," and Trump will make it, and then he will look directly into a camera and say that it was a great deal, and he's a great man.

I respect you, BSS, I truly do, but **** THAT NOISE.

Trump is not a Republican, or a conservative, and in fact he's not even a Democrat or a liberal. He's what we get for 15+ years of reality TV, celebrity adulation, diminished standards, lessons unlearned or ignored, objectification of wealth and flash, and flat-out boredom. There will be no good outcome to this election; that's just how it goes. Voting for Trump because it's a vote against Hillary is like cutting off your left hand because you're afraid you might use it to cut off your right. I said it once, I'll say it again: everything the lunatics swore was true about Bush would actually be true under Trump. I'm not voting for that bullshit. If that makes me part of the "problem," so be it, but I would argue that our perception of the "problem" is vastly different.

And lurking DUmmies, **** you, **** Hillary, and **** Bernie Sanders.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2016, 12:05:20 PM »
I had the misfortune of watching the BBC Evening News.  They sent one of their correspondents to some town in Georgia with a dirt-track race happening and interviewed the spectators.  There was no discussion of policy or any specific details brought up as to what would constitute a Trump Presidency.  The entire segment boiled down to half a dozen trucker-hat wearing people bellowing the inane catchphrase everyone associates with this orange-painted assclown. 

DON'L TRUMP GON MAKE MERIKA GRATE AGIN!

It's 2016's "Keep Obama in Prez'dent, you know?  Have gave us a phone, he 'gon doo moah." 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio[/youtube]

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2016, 12:25:48 PM »
Hillary Clinton is preferable to electing Donald Trump.  Because that's what is going to happen.  So, the SCOTUS goes left.  Goodbye 2nd Amendment.  Goodbye borders.  Goodbye Christianity in the USA (unless it's officially "allowed" by the government).
Seems to me the worst, enduring result from the Hildebeast in the White House will be a solidly left-wing Supreme Court.

Since he has no political or moral foundation, we might get the same thing from Trump.

Otherwise Clinton would be like an extension of the last eight years, largely stalemated by Republicans in Congress.

It appears that the alternative to the politically abhorrent Hildebeast is to turn over the American military, nuclear codes, and executive power to a petty, egomaniacal, raving lunatic.

That's the choice we're being given by the mental giants who have hijacked the Republican Party over the past four years.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2016, 12:44:06 PM »
Seems to me the worst, enduring result from the Hildebeast in the White House will be a solidly left-wing Supreme Court.

Since he has no political or moral foundation, we might get the same thing from Trump.

Otherwise Clinton would be like an extension of the last eight years, largely stalemated by Republicans in Congress.

It appears that the alternative to the politically abhorrent Hildebeast is to turn over the American military, nuclear codes, and executive power to a petty, egomaniacal, raving lunatic.

That's the choice we're being given by the mental giants who have hijacked the Republican Party over the past four years.

What GOBUCKS said.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2016, 12:59:16 PM »
Would a radically left court manage to grant blanket amnesty/citizenship via legal challenges to our immigration laws?

Offline Karin

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2016, 01:07:32 PM »
As a conservative/republican in New York, I realize my vote doesn't count for much.  Our primaries are so late in the game that everything has already coalesced by the time our day comes around; and in the general it counts about the same.  I will be voting for whoever has the R beside their name, down to dogcatcher.  That's why you haven't seen any impassioned arguments about anybody from me. 

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2016, 01:10:56 PM »
As a conservative/republican in New York, I realize my vote doesn't count for much.  Our primaries are so late in the game that everything has already coalesced by the time our day comes around; and in the general it counts about the same.  I will be voting for whoever has the R beside their name, down to dogcatcher.  That's why you haven't seen any impassioned arguments about anybody from me.

Here in my state, our primary falls  just before yours in NY, so it's kind of a moot point for us as well.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2016, 01:13:36 PM »

I have bolded the operative phrase in your post for what I'm about to say next.

I seem to remember, during the 2008 and 2012 campaigns, when those of us who were disgusted with the milquetoast candidates the GOPe told us we were going to have to choose from, we were told "yeah, but the alternative is worse!"  In response to Trump, the same GOPe is saying they won't support him.  Quite a different tune from the past 8 years.

What we have seen is the establishment wing of the Republican Party give obama every thing he wants while pretending to be conservative.  For that matter, Andrew C McCarthy penned a very excellent piece at National Review where he coined the perfect phrase for the Boehner/McConnell wing of the party:  Surrender, then play fight.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/423679/corker-cardin-congress-obama-iran-nuclear-deal

What we (conservative base) were sold was very different from what we got; this cannot be disputed, it is a fact.  What we get with the GOPe is a known quantity, and I for one will not stand still while I'm sold a bill of goods again.

What you are doing, in your lamenting of the dismantling of the establishment donor class, is speculating what might happen.  If we're handed another establishment, democrat-lite, candidate, I know exactly what's going to happen.

That is if they hold onto either the HOR or Senate.  After the post 2014 victory, and the subsequent surrender of 1/3 of government back to the democrats, I don't expect they'll hang on to anything except State Houses and Governors Mansions.

Better than handing them to the woman who would sell them to the highest bidder.

The establishment has no one but themselves to blame for this.  If you're part of that problem, then don't whine about what you're seeing.

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2016, 01:16:12 PM »
Would a radically left court manage to grant blanket amnesty/citizenship via legal challenges to our immigration laws?

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2016, 01:18:46 PM »
I have bolded the operative phrase in your post for what I'm about to say next.

I seem to remember, during the 2008 and 2012 campaigns, when those of us who were disgusted with the milquetoast candidates the GOPe told us we were going to have to choose from, we were told "yeah, but the alternative is worse!"  In response to Trump, the same GOPe is saying they won't support him.  Quite a different tune from the past 8 years.

What we have seen is the establishment wing of the Republican Party give obama every thing he wants while pretending to be conservative.  For that matter, Andrew C McCarthy penned a very excellent piece at National Review where he coined the perfect phrase for the Boehner/McConnell wing of the party:  Surrender, then play fight.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/423679/corker-cardin-congress-obama-iran-nuclear-deal

What we (conservative base) were sold was very different from what we got; this cannot be disputed, it is a fact.  What we get with the GOPe is a known quantity, and I for one will not stand still while I'm sold a bill of goods again.

What you are doing, in your lamenting of the dismantling of the establishment donor class, is speculating what might happen.  If we're handed another establishment, democrat-lite, candidate, I know exactly what's going to happen.

That is if they hold onto either the HOR or Senate.  After the post 2014 victory, and the subsequent surrender of 1/3 of government back to the democrats, I don't expect they'll hang on to anything except State Houses and Governors Mansions.

Better than handing them to the woman who would sell them to the highest bidder.

The establishment has no one but themselves to blame for this.  If you're part of that problem, then don't whine about what you're seeing.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2016, 01:25:35 PM »
I wouldn't normally give John Oliver a second of serious thought, but this Trump takedown is hilarious.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ[/youtube]

I saw that today. It was EPIC!
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2016, 01:39:54 PM »

My thoughts too,imagine 3 young Laurence H. Tribes on the court.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2016, 02:14:23 PM »
I saw that today. It was EPIC!
This one showed up a couple of days ago. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OemqVWi_R0k[/youtube]