Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Trump Craziness  (Read 4762 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Trump Craziness
« on: February 27, 2016, 06:22:23 PM »
Sat Feb 27, 2016, 06:04 PM
Star Member Stinky The Clown (53,528 posts)

Some, even here in DU, have averred a "deal" between Bill Clinton and Donald Trump . . . .

. . . . to kill the Republican Party.

Do you think this is possible? Do you think this is, in fact, underway now?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027645276

Response to Stinky The Clown (Original post)Sat Feb 27, 2016, 06:08 PM
Star Member lamp_shade (11,169 posts)
1. Yes I do. Maybe a deal... maybe a bet... maybe a dare.

Sat Feb 27, 2016, 06:12 PM
Star Member hlthe2b (54,855 posts)
3. While I acknowledge that Trump's off-the scale narcissism is able to explain a lot...

this entire episode and his role is truly enigmatic to me. If some plot between the two ends up being the case, I will forever be in awe of the ability to pre-plan and manipulate in such a masterful fashion.

The alternative, that Trump is "for real" and so much of our population so ignorant, bigoted, and unthinking of consequences, is frightening to believe... and makes one begin to understand how a Hitler/Mussolini/Stalin can take hold--perhaps even here.

Sat Feb 27, 2016, 06:25 PM
NV Whino (19,922 posts)
5. It's certainly not impossible

I have to admit, I'm waiting for the punchline of the joke.

Sat Feb 27, 2016, 07:02 PM
Star Member madinmaryland (59,348 posts)
8. A deal between the two, No. A dare...

One will really never know.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: DUmmies Discuss Trump Craziness
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 06:55:19 PM »
Possible but will take my chances on getting some domestic policy.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 10:21:28 PM »
Trump scares the libbies in general and the dummies in particular. Wetting their pants is what they are doing.  He has turned the MSM tactics back on them and it is driving them crazy. I honestly think neither party knows what to do with him.

I don't like Trump at all, not one bit.... ya gotta admit though it is entertaining to watch the elite of both parties shit their depends over a Bernie v Trump election. 

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 10:40:22 PM »
Trump scares the libbies in general and the dummies in particular.
He scares me too.  He's stupid and dangerous.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 11:22:27 PM »
ya gotta admit though it is entertaining

He was entertaining six months ago. Now he's embarrassing, offensive, and scary.

And the nuts who support him are scarier.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 04:44:48 AM »
Did anyone see the piece about the Stony Brook prof who developed a mathematical formula to predict the general election winner?  It was out about Thursday of last week.  He went back and the formula was able to predict the winner of every general election for President since 1912, except for the 1960 election.  Turns out that any Republican has a 61 percent chance of winning this GE, and Trump's chances range from in between 97 and 99 percent.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 04:57:36 AM »
Did anyone see the piece about the Stony Brook prof who developed a mathematical formula to predict the general election winner?  It was out about Thursday of last week.  He went back and the formula was able to predict the winner of every general election for President since 1912, except for the 1960 election.  Turns out that any Republican has a 61 percent chance of winning this GE, and Trump's chances range from in between 97 and 99 percent.

I saw that. I'm pretty much undecided on who I want. I lean Cruz but it's becoming apparent he's out (my opinion).

Trump, for all his bluster, knows what office he's going for. I'm willing to bet his demeanor changes significantly IF elected. He's outspoken and turned the media on themselves, shut down hitlarys "war on women" with one tweet and is venting the anger most of America has by going after the establishment and traveling a road never before seen in American politics.

That said, I'm happy with either Trump or Cruz.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 05:35:03 AM »
I saw that. I'm pretty much undecided on who I want. I lean Cruz but it's becoming apparent he's out (my opinion).

Trump, for all his bluster, knows what office he's going for. I'm willing to bet his demeanor changes significantly IF elected. He's outspoken and turned the media on themselves, shut down hitlarys "war on women" with one tweet and is venting the anger most of America has by going after the establishment and traveling a road never before seen in American politics.

I agree 100%, with the caveat that he'll remember that disgruntled conservatives put him in a position to win.  If you're loyal to Trump, he's loyal to you.  It's the Way of Business.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 09:52:19 AM »
 :rotf: :lmao: A Clinton-Trump cabal to get The CHILL elected President?! :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: That's about the looniest thing I've heard in a long time. :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: I know this is from DU, but why are they venturing this far into FantasyLand?! :lmao: :rotf:

If nothing else, Trump's ego and ambition guarantee that he is running in earnest. And his rhetoric should have DU-folk buying Ex-Lax by the case.

Personally, Trump is too much of a government entrepreneur, and his bluster too reminiscent of Ahhhh-nold for me to trust. In the Primary at least.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 12:56:04 PM »
I wonder who funded that study.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2016, 01:30:56 PM »
I wonder who funded that study.

Seeing that he's at the State University of New York--Stony Brook, I'd say that the citizens of New York State did.

Chase her.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2016, 02:53:24 PM »
He scares me too.  He's stupid and dangerous.

True, but not as stupid and dangerous as the alternative of HiLIARy or Sanders Claus.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2016, 03:22:52 PM »
Trump has all the right people hating him. Ergo he is my man.

Dear DUchebags, it won't be Trump that destroys the GOP. It will be the current elite of the party telling their base to FYSs. If  they do that it is the end of the republican party.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2016, 06:49:41 PM »

Another in agreement. I do think that Trump would do a better job running against Hillary and will do better at getting "his way" as President. The only unknown is just exactly what will be "his way" once he gets elected. But over all I think Trump has the potential to be a great President.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2016, 09:37:34 PM »
Trump has all the right people hating him. Ergo he is my man.

Dear DUchebags, it won't be Trump that destroys the GOP. It will be the current elite of the party telling their base to FYSs. If  they do that it is the end of the republican party.

Won't be the end of the GOP.  Just like if bernie is the nominee it won't be the end of the dems.  Too much old school elite money funding both.  They will pay lip service and chalk it up to the natives are restless. 

Another in agreement. I do think that Trump would do a better job running against Hillary and will do better at getting "his way" as President. The only unknown is just exactly what will be "his way" once he gets elected. But over all I think Trump has the potential to be a great President.

What scares me about Trump is I think he is really a NYC liberal doing a PT Barnum.  I think is he a very smart person and telling people what they want to hear.  Not too different like any other politician... but I believe the conservatives that support him are in for a big disappointment if he is elected.

The person that stands up and says his/her first day in office they will assign a task force to go thru the federal register with the goal of cutting out all the stupid regs in it and then push to enact the fair tax will get my vote.  That right there will free this country's shackles and allow the economy to recover.  Once the economy recovers, then we can turn our attention to the debt.

None of the politicians running want to take the power away from DC and to do that you take the power away to manipulate the tax code and the regulations.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 08:11:44 AM »
    Sat Feb 27, 2016, 06:12 PM
    Star Member hlthe2b (54,855 posts)
    3. While I acknowledge that Trump's off-the scale narcissism is able to explain a lot...

this entire episode and his role is truly enigmatic to me. If some plot between the two ends up being the case, I will forever be in awe of the ability to pre-plan and manipulate in such a masterful fashion.

The alternative, that Trump is "for real" and so much of our population so ignorant, bigoted, and unthinking of consequences, is frightening to believe... and makes one begin to understand how a Hitler/Mussolini/Stalin can take hold--perhaps even here.

It goes a long way to explain how Obama got elected and then reelected.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 08:21:47 AM »
It goes a long way to explain how Obama got elected and then reelected.

Plus why so many still think crazy bernie is going to hand them all keys to the treasury.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 08:38:12 AM »
A comment. The Republicans in the House and Senate have allowed Obama to assume power that he is not granted in the Constitution. The only way we get a future Hitler type to exercise that kind of power in the WH is if congressional Republicans allow it. Checks and balances require input and action from the other branches of the government.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline ROCKURWORLD

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 01:04:25 PM »
Won't be the end of the GOP.  Just like if bernie is the nominee it won't be the end of the dems.  Too much old school elite money funding both.  They will pay lip service and chalk it up to the natives are restless. 

What scares me about Trump is I think he is really a NYC liberal doing a PT Barnum.  I think is he a very smart person and telling people what they want to hear.  Not too different like any other politician... but I believe the conservatives that support him are in for a big disappointment if he is elected.

The person that stands up and says his/her first day in office they will assign a task force to go thru the federal register with the goal of cutting out all the stupid regs in it and then push to enact the fair tax will get my vote.  That right there will free this country's shackles and allow the economy to recover.  Once the economy recovers, then we can turn our attention to the debt.

None of the politicians running want to take the power away from DC and to do that you take the power away to manipulate the tax code and the regulations.

Amen!!! I hope Cruz can pull it out. He seems to be the closest to a Constitutional Conservative of the bunch.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 01:48:46 PM »

What scares me about Trump is I think he is really a NYC liberal doing a PT Barnum.
  I think is he a very smart person and telling people what they want to hear.  Not too different like any other politician... but I believe the conservatives that support him are in for a big disappointment if he is elected.

He is basically acting the role of the typical GOP/Rethuglican/TEAhadist in any DUmmie bouncy, thinking that is what the accurate portrayal of a conservative is.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline IndiCon15

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2016, 01:59:41 PM »
No policy/angry and petty "Debate Trump" scares me.  But Trump vs political correctness I like.  I'm on again, off again with that Trump.  The whole thing is dizzying trying to wrap my head around it. 

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2016, 04:01:07 PM »
He was entertaining six months ago. Now he's embarrassing, offensive, and scary.

And the nuts who support him are scarier.

I think at some point we have to consider that accepting the devil we know is preferable to accepting the asshole scumbag idiot moron narcissist ****stick Trump. There has to be a line of thinking at the RNC that they harpoon Trump, he goes independent, normal people vote for whomever we trot out for the actual nominee, and we batten down the hatches for 2020. Trump vs Hillary is like choosing which nut I want kicked.

Anyone claiming to be conservative cannot support Trump: he would absolutely enrich himself illegally. He would absolutely ignore every law he'd choose not to obey. He would absolutely use the power of the office to destroy anyone he so chooses. In brief, everything the liberals pretended to be true about Bush, will definitely be true of Trump. No thinking person can support that sorry, mentally ill son of a bitch.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2016, 05:37:34 PM »
But Trump vs political correctness I like.

The problem is, this vicious, raving lunatic and the nuts who support him consider any trace of human decency to be "political correctness".

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 05:50:09 PM »
The problem is, this vicious, raving lunatic and the nuts who support him consider any trace of human decency to be "political correctness".

With all due respect, human decency lead to Cologne, it has led to Calais and countless other cities worldwide. Political correctness and human decency, has led to a muslim invasion of europe, and shortly, here. Human decency, by allowing muslims into Russia, resulted in a toddler being beheaded in Moscow. Human decency led to a woman in Oklahoma being beheaded, at work, shelter worker in Sweden being murdered by a 15 year old (the same woman who took care of this savage). At what point, is enough, enough?

At what point do we say human decency, and political correctness, doesn't work with savages living in the 7th century?

Trumps support comes from exactly that. People tired of seeing what's going on, and what's a stake (steak as the DUmmies would say), and decide something drastic must be done.

Personally, I don't have a problem with illegals from mexico being here PROVIDED they are law abiding, pay taxes, love their families and make every effort to assimilate. Kick out the illegal gang bangers (that'd be 100's of thousands, with strict monitoring (via a wall if necessary), to guard against them coming back.

Tax the illegals here when they send remittance back to mexico at 20% or so. Sure, that'll lead to an underground to get cash back, but when hit in the wallet, many will voluntarily go back.

I understand your point, but in my opinion, enough is enough. Trump or Cruz, provided they're tough on immigration and getting rid of lawless illegals, is ok by me.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2016, 05:58:13 PM »
With all due respect, human decency lead to Cologne, it has led to Calais and countless other cities worldwide. Political correctness and human decency, has led to a muslim invasion of europe, and shortly, here.

No. Human decency would have been helping those people stay in their own country and fighting to help make it a better place. Liberal Political Correctness was letting them invade other countries.