Author Topic: Season 2, "Better Call Saul" only 1 week away!  (Read 34835 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline RobJohnson

Re: Season 2, "Better Call Saul" only 1 week away!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 05:55:30 PM »
Great news!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:17:11 PM by Ralph Wiggum »

Offline IndiCon15

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 03:59:16 PM »
I just went through season 1 on netflix.  Good stuff. 

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 02:45:23 PM »
I didn't catch this last year, my bad! Binge watching Season 1 now as Season 2 starts tonight. Hysterical!
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 02:49:42 PM »
I missed the last couple of episodes.  I've been slacking on my AMC programs.

I started watching 'The Knick'.  I like it so far, and it's Cinemax so there is gratuitous nudity involved. :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 03:19:05 PM »
Playing pool tonight, so it'll be on my DVR.  But can't wait to watch it.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 04:04:38 PM »
I dumped Walking Dead. Watched about 10minutes last night and realized just how much apathy I had. So drop one AMC show, pick up another.
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 04:45:05 PM »
I just went through season 1 on netflix.  Good stuff.

What's it about?

To show how far behind I am, I just finally made it through Game of Thrones S1D4 (I can skip the 2 minute intro now) and eventually gave up on keeping up with Sons of Anarchy.

I caught some mid-season House of Cards on a flight and HAVE to binge watch it from the start now!  But God knows when I will be able to do so.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 04:46:06 PM »
I dumped Walking Dead. Watched about 10minutes last night and realized just how much apathy I had. So drop one AMC show, pick up another.

I had the same reaction to Breaking Bad.  I watched 4 eps (to be fair) and could not figure out the draw.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 05:15:09 PM »
What's it about?

To show how far behind I am, I just finally made it through Game of Thrones S1D4 (I can skip the 2 minute intro now) and eventually gave up on keeping up with Sons of Anarchy.

I caught some mid-season House of Cards on a flight and HAVE to binge watch it from the start now!  But God knows when I will be able to do so.

I'm thinking one would have to be a fan of Breaking Bad to enjoy Better Call Saul.  Maybe not.  I'll definitely be watching S2.

House of Cards is absolute greatness!  I watched S3 (twelve episodes!) in one sitting the day it came out.

Game of Thrones is really good too, but can be difficult to follow.  I'm currently on S5/E3.

Deplorable since 2016

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 05:20:31 PM »
Games of Thrones is decent for a TV show but if you really want to enjoy it, read the books.  I never could get in to House of Cards, but then Kevin Spacey annoys me.

It took me a few episodes to get in to Breaking Bad, but it is really good.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 09:21:11 PM »
OMG, the Hummer :rotf:

"PLAYUH"

Offline IndiCon15

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 10:38:08 PM »
What's it about?

Depends on if you've seen Breaking Bad.  Better call Saul is a prequel to the character "saul" from Breaking Bad.  So it's a "origin" story about this ambulance chasing lawyer who's actually really smart, struggles with morality, and can't ultimately fit into the world of being a high profile trial lawyer.  He's a schemer, and a talker, but he also knows his shit.  After season one, it's still up in the air which way he'll go in terms of being a good guy or not, but we get a sense.......

I gave up on Sons of Anarchy after binge watching a few seasons.  It got too soap opera-ish for me.......

I just binged on portlandia which turns out to be pretty hilarious. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 11:41:33 AM »
That stupid truck is going to get that guy killed.  He was dumb enough to leave Nacho alone... now he knows where he lives.  Should have listened to Mike.

$50 a shot tequila.  Clever.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 11:10:33 PM »
Of all the random people to bring back from Breaking Bad.  KENWINS.  That was a thing of beauty & brilliance.

Damn. Am continually amazed at the writing, directing & cinematography.  Not to mention the acting.

Highly recommended stuff. Wow.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 02:28:01 AM »
I was ready to dismiss this as a filler or throwaway since it was the first episode of a new season, but Vince Gilligan continues to amaze me as one of the best writers and directors on television.  I can't wait to see what happens next week.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2016, 01:50:11 PM »
Great show, I love this character.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2016, 03:45:25 PM »
Great show, I love this character.
Have mentioned this before, but am shocked at Bob Odenkirk's acting chops.  He was more of a sketch/improv comic.  But he has truly developed into a hell of an actor.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2016, 06:39:25 PM »
Have mentioned this before, but am shocked at Bob Odenkirk's acting chops.  He was more of a sketch/improv comic.  But he has truly developed into a hell of an actor.

He has a great cast, and like Chris says he is backed up by the best.  I love this show and I hope that it succeeds.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2016, 10:39:29 PM »
He has a great cast, and like Chris says he is backed up by the best.  I love this show and I hope that it succeeds.
It should.  The wonderful creator, Vince Gilligan, has said that he had no concrete plan on a spin off.  But the direction they chose could not be better.

Better Call Saul has turned out fantastic.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2016, 09:29:47 PM »
"Jeeves, where's my solid-gold blimp?  Not that one.  The other one."   :rofl:

I think it's the first time someone has written a joke for her.  I was wondering if she had a sense of humor at all.  She was getting turned on over the idea of raking Sandpiper over the coals.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2016, 11:02:08 PM »
OMG, the Hummer :rotf:
"PLAYUH"

That Hummer was a sweet ride! LOL

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2016, 11:03:42 PM »
I'm really enjoying this season.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 12:27:13 AM »
That Hummer was a sweet ride! LOL
It was a school bus for a 6-year-old pimp. :rofl: