Author Topic: Iran Didn't Return Everything They Siezed from 'Detained' Sailors  (Read 1627 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
When Iran freed 10 American sailors it had detained last week, it kept something — the SIM cards from two satellite phones that were in the Americans’ possession.

The first report on the incident, released Monday, noted the loss. “A post-recovery inventory of the boats found that all weapons, ammunition, and communication gear are accounted for minus two SIM cards that appear to have been removed from two handheld satellite phones,” said the report from the U.S. Central Command.

The importance of that loss could be substantial, according to a former naval intelligence officer who spoke to Independent Journal.

“Those SIM cards don’t just contain the satellite links,” he said. “They also include encryption codes, and otherwise unpublished data relating to specific orders and personnel,” he added.

The former naval officer said those SIM cards should not have been allowed to fall into Iranian hands.

“My first thought is that they should’ve destroyed those SIM cards in the first place because that is considered classified information. I hope that their careers are not tarnished for it,” he said. “The first thing an officer is told is to destroy anything of intel value lest it fall into enemy hands.”

The loss of the SIM cards, and the potential loss that could follow from exploiting information on them, calls to mind comments from Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif.

“We’d be stupid to think that they didn’t [gain classified information]. I’m glad that the sailors are back safe, but there’s no way [the Iranian military] just let those boats sit there, and didn’t reverse engineer, or look at and copy everything that they possibly could,” he said.

The Pentagon is still developing a final report to explain how the sailors ended up in Iranian waters, where they were captured and detained for about 18 hours.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/former-naval-officer-just-revealed-massive-detail-about-what-iran-took-from-captured-u-s-sailors/
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:07:31 AM by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Iran Didn't Return Everything They Siezed from 'Detained' Sailors
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 09:18:05 AM »
I'm sure our new iranian "friends" merely forgot to return the SIMs and will do so promptly as soon as obama capitulates and releases another half dozen or so of iranian prisoners.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020