Author Topic: Oxfam’s Inequality Stats Slammed By Economists  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oxfam’s Inequality Stats Slammed By Economists
« on: January 20, 2016, 12:50:09 AM »
‘Bogus’ And ‘Misleading,’ Oxfam’s Inequality Stats Slammed By Economists

“In a world where one in nine people go to bed hungry every night, we cannot afford to carry on giving the richest an ever bigger slice of the cake,” says Oxfam’s GB chief executive Mark Goldring.

Not only is Oxfam’s report highly misrepresentative but Southwood argues the most relevant measures of inequality show a totally different picture.

“By Oxfam’s measures, the poorest people in the world are recent Harvard graduates with student debt piles. The bottom two billion don’t have zero wealth, but rather about $500bn of negative wealth. The poorest person in the world is richer than the next 30 percent put together. Having negative wealth may actually be a sign of prosperity since only people with prospects can secure loans.”
Daily Caller
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Belle

Re: Oxfam’s Inequality Stats Slammed By Economists
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 11:59:01 AM »
Good post, Chris.
Mark Goldring is just doing what any good liberal would do to support his agenda.

...governments and policymakers around the world can choose to seize this opportunity and be leaders in challenging inequality and restoring social and economic justice. Governments everywhere must commit to a more progressive agenda for redistribution and for a fairer world.

& as the head of a charitable organization he defends his salary.
During his tenure, Goldring has also been the subject of controversy, after revelations in the press about his perceived ‘excessively’ high salary. Are six-figures salaries justifiable in the charitable sector? He is quick to defend the figure.
“My salary is the same as a senior headmaster or doctor,” he argues. “It doesn’t compare to big business – nor should it. I believe that my salary is pitched at just the right level”.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Oxfam’s Inequality Stats Slammed By Economists
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 01:08:02 PM »
Again coach franksolich's summary of libs rings true.
Libs(DUmmies are interchangeable with libs) lie, and libs lie all the time.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.