Author Topic: Happy Birthday Saint Junipero Serra  (Read 9630 times)

Offline sargentodiaz

Happy Birthday Saint Junipero Serra
« on: November 24, 2015, 09:40:49 AM »
The little man born this day in the small farming village of Petra on the island of Majorca is probably still seeking to convert nonbelievers in the afterlife. I don't know who or what he's not the patron saint of but, in my humble opinion it should be missionaries. Of all beliefs.

Some vocal detractors try to belittle his zeal and love for those who came to the baptismal fonts of he and his fellow Franciscan friars. But, no one can diminish his dedication that allowed him to overcome his frailties to walk endless miles to bring hope to those with none and eliminate their sunrise to sunset struggles to simply feed themselves and their young. To be able to protect themselves from storm, flood, and pestilence and live a better life.

Perhaps looking down upon this world, he shakes his head at the fuss and still begs forgiveness for what he sees as his sins and weakness.

Read more about Saint Junipero @ Father Serra's Legacy  http://lvcabbie.blogspot.com

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Happy Birthday Saint Junipero Serra
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 06:24:59 PM »
Been awhile since I have been on the forum, so sorry for an untimely reply.
Thanks for the post sargentodiaz.
My contribution  to honor Junipero Serra is from my experience.
When I was assigned to the 7th ID at Fort Ord I flew extensively (over 600 hours) to and around Fort Hunter Liggett.
There is a monastery there and a mountain named after him.
It's the highest peak in the area and as such was a beacon which allowed for relatively easy land nav orientation on my issued 1to 50,000ths chart.
So I was watched over and guided intimately almost like the sailors prayer.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.