Author Topic: Titletown (ESPN)  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Titletown (ESPN)
« on: July 28, 2008, 09:48:10 AM »
I just got word that Valdosta, GA has finished #1 on ESPN's search for titletown USA.  It will be announced tonight on Sportscenter.

From http://www.valdostacity.com/index.aspx?page=363

The Valdosta High School Wildcats hold the record for the most wins in high school football with 838, have claimed 23 Georgia State Football Championships, and garner six National Championships. Lowndes High School in Valdosta has claimed its share of titles by winning the Georgia State Football Championships three of the last four years. Valdosta State University are the current Division II National Football Champions. This is the second national championship for the Blazers in a four year period.

I immediately thought of Valdosta when ESPN announced their search for Titletown, but figured they'd be overlooked for some city in Texas for High School football.  I never dreamed Valdosta would not only get listed but win the damned thing. :tongue:

I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad