Author Topic: official voting thread for Top DUmmies of 2015: VOTING CLOSED  (Read 28289 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: official voting thread for Top DUmmies of 2015
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2015, 09:02:55 PM »
Every year gets tougher and tougher to decide.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2015, 09:06:45 PM »

No vote for the "Willie," for the most memorable primitive 2001-2015 (who hasn't already won a "Willie")?

Remember, there's three up for it--Chief S itting Bull, Taverner, and the big guy from Bellevue.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2015, 09:52:37 PM »
Back for the award festivities.    :popcorn:
June  :greet:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2015, 12:10:07 PM »

Lurking Randy: **** you.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2015, 07:50:47 AM »
Remember folks, voting closes this coming Wednesday evening circa suppertime.

Don't think your vote wouldn't count.

There's been very few runaway winners in the whole history of the Top DUmmies; more often than not, races have been decided by the margin of 1-2-3 votes.  So yes, your votes would count.....if you cast them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2015, 07:54:13 AM »
My number 1 DUmmie/primitive/PonP, dut dut da dah...
Buzzy
He's actually not number 1, he is dead last, like the nag horse at the races named toilet paper who is always wiping up the rear.
I want him to win DOTY.

my next 4...
1) Mo
2) torchy
3) coach franksolich's cousin nadin(aka "the cousin"), and
4) kpete

Next 5...
randys1
Omaha Steve
Pegleg
UGP
The New Yorker

You wasted two votes here, and so I suggest you re-cast them, as you might be depriving a primitive or two a chance at Top DUmmiedom.

No write-ins are accepted, and neither the subway cat, the undergroundpanther primitive, nor the brooklynite, are on the ballot.

Sorry, but there's good reasons write-in votes aren't accepted.  It's a long sordid story.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2015, 01:10:39 PM »
My number 1 DUmmie/primitive/PonP, dut dut da dah...
Buzzy
He's actually not number 1, he is dead last, like the nag horse at the races named toilet paper who is always wiping up the rear.
I want him to win DOTY.

my next 4...
1) Mo
2) torchy
3) coach franksolich's cousin nadin(aka "the cousin"), and
4) kpete

Next 5...
randys1
Omaha Steve
Pegleg
UGP
The New Yorker

quote from coach franksolich...

You wasted two votes here, and so I suggest you re-cast them, as you might be depriving a primitive or two a chance at Top DUmmiedom.

No write-ins are accepted, and neither the subway cat, the undergroundpanther primitive, nor the brooklynite, are on the ballot.

Sorry, but there's good reasons write-in votes aren't accepted.  It's a long sordid story.

This is harder than I thought.
In no way did I think a vote for NY Skippy would be wasted.
So, I'll keep my top 5 the same, throw out the ones in the bottom 5 who are write ins, and add...

4.  boston bean
5.  Hoyt

For the WRP:

Obama Omaha Steve

There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2015, 03:17:52 PM »
quote from coach franksolich...

This is harder than I thought.
In no way did I think a vote for NY Skippy would be wasted.
So, I'll keep my top 5 the same, throw out the ones in the bottom 5 who are write ins, and add...

4.  boston bean
5.  Hoyt

For the WRP:

Obama Omaha Steve

My apologies, sir.

When you named "the New Yorker," I had no idea you were voting for Skippy, the now-banned NYC_SKP primitive, who's the behind-the-scenes mastermind and leader of the Bernie bullies; the first primitive who came to mind--in fact, the only one--was brooklynite.  Skippy's on the ballot, and brooklynite isn't.

I dislike being anal about it, and suggest to those running the Top DUmmies this year to allow you eleven votes this because of my mistake, allowing the vote for Skippy to stand, and the vote for his substitute to count too.

Even though the big guy's not my candidate for the Willie, the award given the most memorable primitive, I'm heartened to see he's doing so well; well enough that he might actually win the award, which would be a good send-off for him as he leaves us for another time and place.

If the big guy wins, I get to write the award.  Not his Top DUmmie award, which is separate, but for his Willie.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2015, 05:22:02 PM »
Tough choices this year.

fizzgig
passiveporcupine
1strongblackman
mopinko
randys1
themastersnemesis
omaha steve
torchthewitch
bostonbean
aerows

....and for you lurking primitives who like to try to figure out where your'e at- my list was not in the order that I voted.  :-)

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2015, 05:26:09 PM »
Every year gets tougher and tougher to decide.

This year was tougher than I thought it would be as well.

The low output of the primitives coupled with no clear frontrunner made it tough. 

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2015, 07:55:44 PM »
Voted for Randy, Dorkio, Mo, Banzin and Steve for top five - fizzy, stupidblackman, Judy, Buzzy and Katy for top ten, Redstone for the Pitt but doubt he'll make it. Wasn't easy choice for me, either.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2015, 08:32:26 PM »
This year was tougher than I thought it would be as well.

The low output of the primitives coupled with no clear frontrunner made it tough.

But but but.....you forgot to mention your choice for the Willie.

That is, unless you wanted to keep that a secret, which you can if you want.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2015, 08:38:35 PM »
But but but.....you forgot to mention your choice for the Willie.

That is, unless you wanted to keep that a secret, which you can if you want.

Oh, right.  I will tip my hand on that one:  The Big Guy  (who is dying). 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2015, 08:42:33 PM »
Oh, right.  I will tip my hand on that one:  The Big Guy  (who is dying).

If the big guy wins, I get to write that award.

If either of the other two candidates--Taverner and Chief S itting Bull--win, Mr. Wiggum gets the honor.

<<<voted for Chief S itting Bull, but it again appears to have been a losing cause.....for about the sixth year in a row.

(If the big guy wins a Top DUmmie, which is a prize different from the Willie, Mr. Wiggum writes that one.)
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2015, 08:44:44 PM »
If the big guy wins, I get to write that award.

The Big Guy really deserves the award, for all of the dying he's managed to do this year. 

He really needs the franksolich treatment.  I'm glad you're willing to oblige him.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2015, 08:48:33 PM »
The Big Guy really deserves the award, for all of the dying he's managed to do this year. 

He really needs the franksolich treatment.  I'm glad you're willing to oblige him.

That's the reason I'm writing the Willie, if the big guy wins it.

Not because I'm a nice guy and want to help Mr. Wiggum a little bit; he doesn't need my help.

But simply because my fellow Nebraskan needs the full-strength, industrial-strength, heavy-duty franksolich treatment.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2015, 08:51:08 PM »
That's the reason I'm writing the Willie, if the big guy wins it.

Not because I'm a nice guy and want to help Mr. Wiggum a little bit; he doesn't need my help.

But simply because my fellow Nebraskan needs the full-strength, industrial-strength, heavy-duty franksolich treatment.

Reason enough to vote for The Big Guy (who is dying) for the Willie. 

In the same way an angel gets its wings each time a bell rings, The Big Guy (who is dying) manages to cling to life just a little longer every time he wins something, no matter how small.   

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2015, 03:52:09 AM »
The voting's open through tomorrow (Wednesday) evening, a day later than given in the original post.  It's a day later because I was late in closing the nomination thread and opening up this one, due to unanticipated cardial circumstances.

You know, the big guy's been around a while, and was around a very long time before I bothered noting his existence.

He was a prominent fixture at our old home, his sponsor and biggest promoter being Library Lady; I'm sure many here remember Library Lady, whose research techniques--and results--surpassed excellence.  I dunno why she went away; she would've been an invaluable contributor here.

Even after this place came into being, I usually ignored the big guy; other than that he too was born and raised here in Nebraska, he struck me as an utterly uninteresting primitive, dull and bland.

I however was moved to pity--he being a fellow Nebraskan, after all--as he got off on the wrong foot when he launched his campaign for the Bellevue city council.  I knew there were external malicious forces working against him, and the big guy needed made aware of their existence, so as to counteract them.

I warned him over and over and over again. 

And the big guy ignored franksolich over and over and over again.

In case one's not aware, no, the big guy never joined that august body in the third-largest city of Nebraska.  Even though he actually tried two times.

Primitives ignore franksolich at their peril.

- - - - - - - - - -

The other thing about the big guy is that Nebraska's a pretty small state; there's not many states in the union with fewer people than Nebraska.  And so we tend to know each other.

Well, not quite that; but at the very least, we tend to know someone who knows someone we don't know.  It didn't for example take me but a day or two of asking around, before I encountered someone who knew the big guy very well; in fact, had gone through high school with him, had shared lockers with him one year.

I had nothing to do with his popularity among law-enforcement personnel in this state--not that he was getting into trouble with them, but because he was always loudly supporting their murderers at the same time being employed by the Omaha police department--and was hardly surprised upon learning that the sheriff of this remote isolated little county, as far away from Omaha as if we were on the dark side of the moon--was familiar with him, and had read him.  In fact, could even quote the big guy almost exactly.

Of course, it works both ways; the big guy, through his own connection (and all it takes is one, although the big guy probably enjoys several), probably knows more about franksolich than franksolich knows about the big guy.  If Skins's island had something equivalent to the Top DUmmies contest, I'm sure the big guy could write a whale of an award for franksolich.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2015, 12:36:24 PM »
themastersnemesis for the top DUmmie for displaying at an epic level the classical charactistics of the primitives---anger, narcissism and ignorance.

Here's to you hop-a-long Bob:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw[/youtube] 

I'm a sailor peg
And I've lost my leg
Climbing up the top sails
I lost my leg!

I'm shipping up to Boston whoa
I'm shipping off...to find my wooden leg

I'm a sailor peg
And I've lost my leg
Climbing up the top sails
I lost my leg!

I'm shipping off...to find my wooden leg
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke