Author Topic: ISIS Threatened To ‘Cut Out The Tongue’ Of Anyone Calling Them ‘Daesh’…  (Read 1588 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
If you call the barbaric, bloodthirsty Islamic State terrorist group commonly known as ISIS by this other name that you may have heard — if you call them “Daesh” — watch out…they might order that your tongue be cut out. Of course, considering that these radical Islamists want to shoot you dead or blow you to bits, the cut-your-tongue-out threat may not cause all that much quaking.

ISIS — the terror group that took credit for the terror attacks in Paris — is referred to by several names; and depending on what part of the world you get your news from, you will probably hear and see the group referred to differently.

For example, the United Kingdom refers to the group as ISIS, which stands for Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham. Al-Sham can refer to Syria or the territory known as the Levant.

The United States government and the U.N. call the terrorist organization ISIL. That acronym stands for Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. Levant is a geographical term that refers to the area comprised of Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Israel and Jordan.

However, Arab governments, Israel, France, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, and other nations’ leaders now call the group Daesh, and the bad guys don’t like it.

NBC News reported, “According to Arabic translator Alice Guthrie, ‘D.A.E.SH is a transliteration of the Arabic acronym formed of the same words that make up I.S.I.S in English: ‘Islamic State in Iraq and Syria’, or ‘al-dowla al-islaamiyya fii-il-i’raaq wa-ash-shaam’.”

Basically, Daesh is another term for ISIS, but the organization hates the name for several reasons. First, Daesh is similar to the Arabic words ‘Daes’, which means ‘one who crushes something underfoot’ and ‘Dahes’, translated as ‘one who sows discord’, and depending on how the word is conjugated, it can also mean “a bigot.”

In September 2014, the Associated Press wrote that members of the group threatened “to cut the tongue of anyone who publicly used the acronym Daesh, instead of referring to the group by its full name.”

Guthrie said, “They hear it, quite rightly, as a challenge to their legitimacy: a dismissal of their aspirations to define Islamic practice, to be ‘a state for all Muslims’ and — crucially — as a refusal to acknowledge and address them as such.”

In January 2015, Tony Abbott, Australia’s prime minister, announced he would start referring to the Islamic State group by this name, saying: “Daesh hates being referred to by this term, and what they don’t like has an instinctive appeal to me.”

On Saturday, French President Francois Hollande gave an address saying the attacks were “waged by a terrorist army, a jihadist army, by Daesh, against France.” He also declared France “will be unforgiving with the barbarians from Daesh.”

http://www.tpnn.com/2015/11/18/isis-threatened-cut-tongue-anyone-calling-daesh-heres/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
There are kinetic solutions to the child raping bunch known as Daesh.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline DLR Pyro

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
We had and used some very derogatory terms for the Imperial Japanese, and the Nazi horde.
That was back before political correctness and worry about offending our enemies.
We need to find our stride in this war against the radical muslims.
We will know when we have hit our stride when we no longer fear them, and they fear us more than anything else.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline thundley4

The United States government and the U.N. call the terrorist organization ISIL. That acronym stands for Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. Levant is a geographical term that refers to the area comprised of Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Israel and Jordan.

Kind of funny that the first i heard them called ISIL was by none other than the Muslim-sympathizing, anti-Semitic, so-called president of the US.  Was he willing to concede them Israel, that quickly? (rhetorical question)