Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Radical Islaism 'Will Not Be Appeased'  (Read 1615 times)

Offline libertybele

Ted Cruz: Radical Islaism 'Will Not Be Appeased'
« on: November 15, 2015, 06:50:42 AM »
Go Ted!!! His message is loud and clear.

Ted Cruz: Radical Islamism ‘Will Not Be Appeased,’ Allies of Jihadists ‘Signing Your Own Death Warrant’

Republican Presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) has released a statement on the Paris terror attacks making clear that radical Islamism “will not be appeased by outreach or declarations of tolerance” and that the United States “must make it crystal clear that affiliation with ISIS and related terrorist groups brings with it the undying enmity of America—that it is, in effect, signing your own death warrant.”

The full statement is as follows:

America must stand with our allies against the scourge of radical Islamic terrorism. This is an evil that does not discriminate between French, German or American, Christian, Muslim or Jew, soldier, football player, or concert goer. Their only goal is to murder those who do not submit to their vicious, totalitarian ideology. Our deepest condolences go out to our French allies, and I know the government of the United States stands by to offer any assistance necessary.

We must now face the facts. Between the downing of the Russian jet over Egypt and this massive coordinated attack on Paris, we are seeing an unmistakable escalation of ISIS’ ambitions and the scale of their terrorist attacks outside Syria and Iraq. Even as chaos rages in Paris, we need to take immediate, commonsense steps to preserve our own safety. We need to consult closely with our NATO allies who may be targeted for additional attacks. We need to immediately declare a halt to any plans to bring refugees that may have been infiltrated by ISIS to the United States. We need to redouble our efforts to prevent ISIS agents from penetrating our nation by other means.

Such steps, however, are defensive reactions to an enemy that will continue to try to attack us until they succeed once again. We must immediately recognize that our enemy is not ‘violent extremism.’ It is the radical Islamism that has declared jihad against the west. It will not be appeased by outreach or declarations of tolerance. It will not be deterred by targeted airstrikes with zero tolerance for civilian casualties, when the terrorists have such utter disregard for innocent life. We must make it crystal clear that affiliation with ISIS and related terrorist groups brings with it the undying enmity of America—that it is, in effect, signing your own death warrant.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/11/14/ted-cruz-radical-islamism-will-not-appeased-allies-jihadists-signing-death-warrant/
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
Re: Ted Cruz: Radical Islaism 'Will Not Be Appeased'
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 11:14:58 AM »
Trump/Cruz 16 (Good Cop Bad Cop)

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 03:47:23 PM »
Trump/Cruz 16 (Good Cop Bad Cop)

I think Trump really stepped on his dick w/ his recent comments about Carson.  Not sure how much it will hurt him in the polls, but he really did cross a line.  I just can't see anyone wanting him on the ticket.  I hope it's Cruz/Somebody... just not sure who at this point.  I've heard folks saying Sen. Mike Lee as a possible running mate.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 04:51:26 PM »
Go Ted!!! His message is loud and clear.

Ted Cruz: Radical Islamism ‘Will Not Be Appeased,’ Allies of Jihadists ‘Signing Your Own Death Warrant’

Republican Presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) has released a statement on the Paris terror attacks making clear that radical Islamism “will not be appeased by outreach or declarations of tolerance” and that the United States “must make it crystal clear that affiliation with ISIS and related terrorist groups brings with it the undying enmity of America—that it is, in effect, signing your own death warrant.”

The full statement is as follows:

America must stand with our allies against the scourge of radical Islamic terrorism. This is an evil that does not discriminate between French, German or American, Christian, Muslim or Jew, soldier, football player, or concert goer. Their only goal is to murder those who do not submit to their vicious, totalitarian ideology. Our deepest condolences go out to our French allies, and I know the government of the United States stands by to offer any assistance necessary.

We must now face the facts. Between the downing of the Russian jet over Egypt and this massive coordinated attack on Paris, we are seeing an unmistakable escalation of ISIS’ ambitions and the scale of their terrorist attacks outside Syria and Iraq. Even as chaos rages in Paris, we need to take immediate, commonsense steps to preserve our own safety. We need to consult closely with our NATO allies who may be targeted for additional attacks. We need to immediately declare a halt to any plans to bring refugees that may have been infiltrated by ISIS to the United States. We need to redouble our efforts to prevent ISIS agents from penetrating our nation by other means.

Such steps, however, are defensive reactions to an enemy that will continue to try to attack us until they succeed once again. We must immediately recognize that our enemy is not ‘violent extremism.’ It is the radical Islamism that has declared jihad against the west. It will not be appeased by outreach or declarations of tolerance. It will not be deterred by targeted airstrikes with zero tolerance for civilian casualties, when the terrorists have such utter disregard for innocent life. We must make it crystal clear that affiliation with ISIS and related terrorist groups brings with it the undying enmity of America—that it is, in effect, signing your own death warrant.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/11/14/ted-cruz-radical-islamism-will-not-appeased-allies-jihadists-signing-death-warrant/

Cruz is, of course, correct.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 07:24:33 PM »
Ted Cruz is becoming increasingly popular with conservatives and even some of the GOPe voters are starting to come around.  Trump is the "wild card" in this election.  It's really hard to tell which way he's going to go.  Right now I find it troubling that he seems to be attacking his GOP rivals more so than the DEMS.  He made the comment that he would consider third party if he wasn't treated fairly and has since retracted that statement, but what really is there to stop him?  He runs third party and the DEMS win it.  Many say that is his intent all along as he has been a DEM for years.

What has been surprising is regardless of how crass Trump is, it doesn't seem to affect his poll numbers.  He represents the anti-establishment and is very vocal on "hot button" issues.  My question is though; does Trump truly feel what he states or is he just capitalizing on the anti-establishment voters and telling them what they want to hear?  He has no voting record, so there is no way to really judge him.

Things will get a little more serious after the holidays, and people will be paying more attention to the election after the first of the year.  The Iowa caucus is in February.  IMHO, I don't see Carson continuing to poll well and I think it will be a run off between Trump, Cruz and Rubio. Whoever wins the Iowa caucus and also wins Florida (Rubio is doubtful) will more than likely be our nominee. 

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.