Author Topic: Woke this morning to gunfire.  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Woke this morning to gunfire.
« on: October 08, 2015, 07:11:41 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027241057

:lmao:

Yeah, this REALLY happened.

stage left (1,301 posts)

Even though we're not that familiar with the sound of gunshots, we knew what it was. Boom, Boom, Boom. Then silence for a count of three. Boom, Boom,Boom. It sounded like the shooter was standing on our front porch. My husband looked out our bedroom window, but it was pitch black and he could see nothing. We strained to hear and heard nothing. I wondered why the dogs weren't barking. It was unnaturally silent like the silence that comes with a heavy snowfall. We whispered to each other as we moved to the front bathroom away from the windows. Should we call the police?

Then came the other shots, more coughing than booming. A different gun.Was there one person out there or more? Then we could hear faintly someone shouting across the street. I retrieved my cell phone from my bag in the dining room and dialed 911. I told the dispatcher to let the police know there was an active shooter, that he was still shooting, that we couldn't see him, and had no idea what was going on. I was really afraid they would find someone dead in one of the houses across the street.

I went upstairs to see about our daughter. I scared the living daylights out of her. She thought she had heard the shots in a dream. I told her to come downstairs and we waited in the back of the house for the police.

Four squad cars pulled silently into our neighborhood, lights low and stopped at our drive. One of the sheriff's deputies talked to my husband at the door, then went to investigate, telling us to stay inside.

Later we learned that they found the shooter, sitting on his porch across the street, an assault rifle across his lap. He was so drunk that when they told him to stand up, he fell off the porch. He had been firing various guns into the air, into the ground, and into his own car. They told us they found seven guns in his house and, of course, took all of them. They were looking for shell casings for several hours. I hope he never gets his guns back. I don't have much hope he'll never be able to buy another one, though.

I have some faint inkling of how the people in the recent mass shooting felt; of how people in areas where the sound of gunshots is the norm feel. It's not a good feeling. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Woke this morning to gunfire.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 07:29:25 AM »
Why do they feel compelled to always have to be part of the latest hysterical frenzy?  :mental:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 07:52:08 AM »
Must be a bit from a rejected manuscript for a stupid detective novel. Or maybe a rejected script for the final season of "T. J. Hooker" or the original "Hawaii Five-0". The reason for rejection being comedic implausibility.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 07:54:05 AM »
Cool story, bro.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 07:54:35 AM »
I believe this story is mostly true, except no guns were involved.  This was just a way for Stage Left to add to the GUNZ!!!!!! hysteria.

C' mon DUmmy. "Pop, pop, pop" or "crack, crack, crack" is believable. "Boom, boom, boom" is not, unless ol' boy was firing .50 cal or the like.

:bs:
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 07:57:17 AM »
Bouncy. False narrative. No Bongs.

The whole story is unbelievable. here are the main two lies that jumped out at me.

1) Law abiding gun owner, gets drunk, goes nuts with a gun. shoots his own car: Never did this before. one drink and gun owners shoot up the neighborhood.

2) Cops report back to people who never called them, that they took SEVEN guns. They must have gone door to door reporting what happened in the hood.

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 08:11:18 AM »
I believe this story is mostly true, except no guns were involved.  This was just a way for Stage Left to add to the GUNZ!!!!!! hysteria.

C' mon DUmmy. "Pop, pop, pop" or "crack, crack, crack" is believable. "Boom, boom, boom" is not, unless ol' boy was firing .50 cal or the like.

:bs:
Stage Left probably had the first draft written the day after Oregon. They've been working on it ever since and made sure it had all those adjectives.

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 08:19:00 AM »
Later we learned that they found the shooter, sitting on his porch across the street, an assault rifle across his lap. He was so drunk that when they told him to stand up, he fell off the porch.

This is another lie. There is no way, no way, NONE the cops would have told the guy to stand up if he had an
"assault rifle" on his lap. They would have heard cops screaming for him to put the gun down and get on his stomach, not tell him to stand up.

As long as this DUmmie worked on this fantasy, you'd think they'd insert some realism, you know, like a short standoff or something to make it dramatic.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 08:48:17 AM »
This is another lie. There is no way, no way, NONE the cops would have told the guy to stand up if he had an
"assault rifle" on his lap. They would have heard cops screaming for him to put the gun down and get on his stomach, not tell him to stand up.

As long as this DUmmie worked on this fantasy, you'd think they'd insert some realism, you know, like a short standoff or something to make it dramatic.

You're asking to DUmmies to have a little thought process in telling their BS stories, probably not going to happen.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 09:02:31 AM »
stage left (1,301 posts)

Liar.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 09:09:41 AM »
Very poor bouncy. No mention of the race of the neighbor, nor claiming that said neighbor would have been shot multiple times by police if he'd been black.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 09:42:11 AM »
So the DUmmie called the cops? Really?! Did they shoot and kill another 23-year-old "teenager" of color because of this DUmmie's racism?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Delmar

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 06:08:53 PM »
Response to stage left (Original post)Thu Oct 8, 2015, 11:18 AM
Star Member Tipperary (542 posts)
62. Your cops must be really inept or really understanding of this particular guy.

Asking a person with an assault weapon to stand up is not something I would do if I were a cop. Also, bullets that are shot up into the air do come down. I would file a complaint against this guy if I were you. I would not want someone that crazy in my neighborhood. I hope you stay safe, but that guy sounds pretty nutso to me.
Response to Tipperary (Reply #62)Thu Oct 8, 2015, 11:30 AM
Star Member stage left (1,307 posts)
65. Being tucked in the back corner of my house

while they confronted him, I don't know exactly what they did. I think you have a good point about a complaint against him. Thanks.

Fog of war excuse.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 06:40:15 PM »
Hey, DUmmies:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/bnoFKskvSq4[/youtube]

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 07:10:57 PM »
stage left (1,301 posts)

Even though we're not that familiar with the sound of gunshots, we knew what it was. Boom, Boom, Boom. Then silence for a count of three. Boom, Boom,Boom. It sounded like the shooter was standing on our front porch. My husband looked out our bedroom window, but it was pitch black and he could see nothing. We strained to hear and heard nothing. I wondered why the dogs weren't barking. It was unnaturally silent like the silence that comes with a heavy snowfall. We whispered to each other as we moved to the front bathroom away from the windows. Should we call the police?

Then came the other shots, more coughing than booming. A different gun.Was there one person out there or more? Then we could hear faintly someone shouting across the street. I retrieved my cell phone from my bag in the dining room and dialed 911. I told the dispatcher to let the police know there was an active shooter, that he was still shooting, that we couldn't see him, and had no idea what was going on. I was really afraid they would find someone dead in one of the houses across the street.

I went upstairs to see about our daughter. I scared the living daylights out of her. She thought she had heard the shots in a dream. I told her to come downstairs and we waited in the back of the house for the police.

Four squad cars pulled silently into our neighborhood, lights low and stopped at our drive. One of the sheriff's deputies talked to my husband at the door, then went to investigate, telling us to stay inside.

Later we learned that they found the shooter, sitting on his porch across the street, an assault rifle across his lap. He was so drunk that when they told him to stand up, he fell off the porch. He had been firing various guns into the air, into the ground, and into his own car. They told us they found seven guns in his house and, of course, took all of them. They were looking for shell casings for several hours. I hope he never gets his guns back. I don't have much hope he'll never be able to buy another one, though.

I have some faint inkling of how the people in the recent mass shooting felt; of how people in areas where the sound of gunshots is the norm feel. It's not a good feeling. 

I googled it dummie. Got nada. The closest thing was someone firing shots into "property" and it was an air rifle.  On Sept. 27th. 

Post a link to the news story or you are a liar, dummie.

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 08:06:12 PM »
Never in my life could I produce the stories some of these people crap out. My God, why on earth would you want to look like a weak little lily for all the world to see?

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 08:56:01 PM »
stage left (1,301 posts)

You imagined the whole thing.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 09:10:40 PM »
The Stupid is always strong in the DUmmies.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 04:22:52 AM »
You imagined the whole thing.

I'm thinking it actually went something like this:

:jerkit:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 10:05:56 AM »
Why do they feel compelled to always have to be part of the latest hysterical frenzy?  :mental:

Because Liberals by their vary nature, are ruled by their own hysterical emotions.  It's kinda like two hypochondriac's having a conversation, they will continually try to "out sick" each other.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 03:36:34 PM »
Funny -- Punching drunk shoots car into google news search produces no results.

Offline jukin

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 06:33:44 PM »
So... last night I went to sleep with my wife of 32 years and woke up to three 20 year old gorgeous models.

I give the same bong rating to both fables...... Hint it was only two 20 year old gorgeous models and they flush birds for me.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 06:40:46 PM »

Quote from: Patriot Guard Rider on October 08, 2015, 10:19:00 AM

Somebody has been reading the cave. Look at the timestamp of my comment, then look at the timestamp of the post below.

Response to stage left (Original post)Thu Oct 8, 2015, 11:18 AM
Star Member Tipperary (542 posts)
62. Your cops must be really inept or really understanding of this particular guy.

Asking a person with an assault weapon to stand up is not something I would do if I were a cop. Also, bullets that are shot up into the air do come down. I would file a complaint against this guy if I were you. I would not want someone that crazy in my neighborhood. I hope you stay safe, but that guy sounds pretty nutso to me.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 06:45:12 PM »
Somebody has been reading the cave. Look at the timestamp of my comment, then look at the timestamp of the post below.

Yup.  Happens more often than you think.  :-)

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 07:04:10 PM »
So... last night I went to sleep with my wife of 32 years and woke up to three 20 year old gorgeous models.

I give the same bong rating to both fables...... Hint it was only two 20 year old gorgeous models and they flush birds for me.
That would give you four women to nag you. You can have that dream. Me? Not so much.