Author Topic: Stewart to retire from Cup after '16, Bowyer named replacement  (Read 9764 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Stewart to retire from Cup after '16, Bowyer named replacement
« on: October 03, 2015, 03:23:28 PM »
Stewart to retire from Cup after '16, Bowyer named replacement

It’s official: Three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Tony Stewart will retire from driving the No. 14 Stewart-Haas Racing Chevrolet following the 2016 season. Stewart will be replaced behind the wheel by Clint Bowyer, though he will remain co-owner of the four-car SHR squad and after his retirement will dabble in other forms of motorsports.

Stewart, 44, made the announcement Wednesday at SHR’s shops in Kannapolis, North Carolina, during a press conference with his partner, team co-owner Gene Haas.
Fox Sports

Another driver that's had a poor season.  I don't even think he's in the chase at this point.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
Re: Stewart to retire from Cup after '16, Bowyer named replacement
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 01:14:41 AM »
I saw this coming. Stewart hasn't been the same since he broke his leg a couple of years ago. I grew up in racing, but as a Gordon fan I expect to be much less engaged after this year.
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Stewart to retire from Cup after '16, Bowyer named replacement
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 04:28:25 PM »
Ooooh, Kyle Busch is angry!

Lots of cautions.  Too bad about Earnhardt.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.