Author Topic: Revenge is a dish best supped cold for Mitt Romney  (Read 3320 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Revenge is a dish best supped cold for Mitt Romney
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2015, 10:24:10 AM »
Lee-Lee (2,262 posts)

17. I actually went and looked on the MO Courts page

And it shows that an eviction notice was issued by the courts and served.

If the courts issue the eviction notice, then the deputies have to serve it. If the courts erred in that, it's between his lawyers and the courts.

It looks like a notice to vacate was issued on the 28th, and a judgement against him for back and current rent owed issued on the 31st. I don't know how long after a judgment to vacate one must be out of the premises in MO but in most places it it 2 weeks- and it looks like they waited the entire 2 weeks before filing an appeal- and that the eviction happened on the next day probably before the eviction notice could be recalled (if it was supposed to be) because they waited till the very last moment to file.

Waiting to the last moment to file an appeal after you've had the courts rule against you is typical rent freeloader behavior to try and get another 30 days or so under the roof rent free.

I know people try and play amateur lawyer and keep filing papers to try and postpone eviction so they get to stay in a place longer without paying rent, I saw that all the time as a deputy, but when your dealing with a company that owns a lot of property and has lawyers that do evictions a lot they usually know how the game is played better than the amateurs- so if your the defendant in an eviction case that's past the initial hearing you shouldn't be at all surprised when they show up at your door- and should in fact be prepared for it. Stall tactics only buy so much time if any.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Karin

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2015, 01:36:01 PM »
Holy crap!  Comment #2968 from the super secret section!    :panic:

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2015, 02:21:42 PM »
It's beyond amazing that these people can survive in society, much less claim to be the smartest people on the planet!  After reading DU I am convinced that we need some sort of test before people can be allowed to vote.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2015, 04:24:17 PM »
Lee-Lee (2,262 posts)

17. I actually went and looked on the MO Courts page

And it shows that an eviction notice was issued by the courts and served.

If the courts issue the eviction notice, then the deputies have to serve it. If the courts erred in that, it's between his lawyers and the courts.

It looks like a notice to vacate was issued on the 28th, and a judgement against him for back and current rent owed issued on the 31st. I don't know how long after a judgment to vacate one must be out of the premises in MO but in most places it it 2 weeks- and it looks like they waited the entire 2 weeks before filing an appeal- and that the eviction happened on the next day probably before the eviction notice could be recalled (if it was supposed to be) because they waited till the very last moment to file.

Waiting to the last moment to file an appeal after you've had the courts rule against you is typical rent freeloader behavior to try and get another 30 days or so under the roof rent free.

I know people try and play amateur lawyer and keep filing papers to try and postpone eviction so they get to stay in a place longer without paying rent, I saw that all the time as a deputy, but when your dealing with a company that owns a lot of property and has lawyers that do evictions a lot they usually know how the game is played better than the amateurs- so if your the defendant in an eviction case that's past the initial hearing you shouldn't be at all surprised when they show up at your door- and should in fact be prepared for it. Stall tactics only buy so much time if any.

In jurisdictions that are more or less hostile to landlords, the laws have been jiggered to enable this kind of eviction-dodging free-loading.

true :bouncy: time ... we once had a young family move into the apartment upstairs from us. They ended up staying there for 6 or more months by paying first/last months' rent and then dodging eviction for several months. Our novice landlord learned - after the fact - that this was their lifestyle, and they had done the cycle multiple times.

There are cities in CA that are so hostile to landlords that I wouldn't think of being a landlord, no matter how rich I might be.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2015, 05:16:40 PM »
Holy crap!  Comment #2968 from the super secret section!

He's so huge his head looks photoshopped.