Author Topic: The folly of Europe's hand-wringing elite: In this courageously controversial ar  (Read 10080 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
The folly of Europe's hand-wringing elite: In this courageously controversial article, a leading Left-wing voice says misguided compassion is only making the migrant catastrophe worse
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3240735/The-folly-Europe-s-hand-wringing-elite-courageously-controversial-article-leading-Left-wing-voice-says-misguided-compassion-making-migrant-catastrophe-worse.html

On the Hungarian border, thousands of migrants press forward against razor wire fences, chanting and screaming as lines of police stand grim-faced against them.

In Croatia, scores of others clamber through the windows of trains to hitch a ride westwards. To the south, boats loaded with people who’ve travelled up through Africa set sail from Libya heading for Italy.

They have all called Europe’s bluff. They have taken seriously the high-minded talk of European values, and now most of them will experience European hypocrisy as doors close once more, EU migration rules crumble and the continent divides.

This is happening in Europe, but involves the Syrian refugee crisis. Europe will be overburdened by them BIG TIME.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline libertybele

The folly of Europe's hand-wringing elite: In this courageously controversial article, a leading Left-wing voice says misguided compassion is only making the migrant catastrophe worse
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3240735/The-folly-Europe-s-hand-wringing-elite-courageously-controversial-article-leading-Left-wing-voice-says-misguided-compassion-making-migrant-catastrophe-worse.html

This is happening in Europe, but involves the Syrian refugee crisis. Europe will be overburdened by them BIG TIME.

Not only will they be overburdened by how many are coming over that aren't actually fleeing but coming over for other purposes?  The Muslim population in Europe in 2010 was over 44 million.  The Muslim population in France alone was 7.6%.  Who knows what this "surge" will do to Europe and I'm sure its not over.

In contrast, the number of Muslims in the U.S. is not accurately known and the estimate ranges from 3-7 million.  Ironically, since 9/11, there has been a dramatic uptick in immigration from Islamic countries with a 66% increase in the past decade. And things are just warming up. Islam is now the fastest growing religion in America.  Barry will be accommodating at least 10,000 more into this country.
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.