Author Topic: So I had to buy a new laptop...  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
So I had to buy a new laptop...
« on: August 09, 2015, 12:07:35 AM »
I didn't care for the HP anyway, but then one of the hinges busted.  Now granted, I don't typically spend a lot on my laptops because I don't need a lot.  I don't even use Windows, so honestly having a 1tb hard drive and 4gigs of Ram is overkill.

Got a good deal at Wal Devil on an Acer (I've always had good luck w/ them).  It was some back to school package and came w/ a wireless mouse and a neoprene case.  If I ran Windows, I'd be very very upset, I found myself getting very frustrated as I went through the setup. as it runs Win 8 like an absolute slug.  Installed Debian, and it's much, much more responsive..  I never boot Windows, but usually leave it in place in case I ever give it away/sell it.

I'm wondering if I should go ahead and do the Win 10 upgrade while it's free.

Offline Mike B the Cajun

• Pot Stirrer
Re: So I had to buy a new laptop...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 05:13:32 PM »
Go ahead and get the upgrade, since it is free, especially if resale is one of your worries.

All my upgrades installed seamlessly, altho time-consuming. Try the ISO install, and activate with the W7/W8 code.

Don't get stuck on stupid...

I am of the CauCajun persuasion...  :-)

Leftwing lunatic thought process concerning police: I'm armed with bad breath and body odor. The police are armed with a badge, a tazer, a 9mm, and a shotgun.  I should antagonize them.

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
Re: So I had to buy a new laptop...
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 05:02:08 AM »
Resale isn't really much of a concern, as I doubt this thing will have much resale value when it's all said and done.