Author Topic: dvd drive problem  (Read 9481 times)

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: dvd drive problem
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 05:25:45 PM »
If it was a OS problem , installing new drives would have solved it anyway, but you'll still be down potentially functional drives.

Unless you've tested outside the windows environment you can't tell.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 06:07:54 PM »
If it was a OS problem , installing new drives would have solved it anyway, but you'll still be down potentially functional drives.

I actually took the master drive out of the PC. He took it to a local computer shop and it failed with them also. I didn't take out the slave drive, but after removing the master I did set the jumpers on the slave to master. It still wouldn't work.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Zafod Beeblebrox

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2008, 06:28:10 PM »

I actually took the master drive out of the PC. He took it to a local computer shop and it failed with them also. I didn't take out the slave drive, but after removing the master I did set the jumpers on the slave to master. It still wouldn't work.

again, bask in my glory!

NOW!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2008, 08:01:55 PM »

again, bask in my glory!

NOW!

Yes, but how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Zafod Beeblebrox

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2008, 01:12:29 AM »

again, bask in my glory!

NOW!

Yes, but how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

took me a whole frickin day....