Author Topic: 4th Of July Terrorism Warning  (Read 2006 times)

Offline libertybele

4th Of July Terrorism Warning
« on: June 28, 2015, 08:17:49 AM »
All the focus on the gays and the Confederate flag yet and Trump's disdain for Mexico, yet the MSM seems to put this in the background.

Fourth of July terror warning issued by FBI, Homeland Security

Federal authorities have warned local law enforcement officials across the country about a heightened concern involving possible terror attacks targeting the July 4th holiday, a U.S. law enforcement official said.

While there was no specific or credible threat of attack, the official said the intelligence bulletin prepared by the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI alerted local colleagues to the ongoing threats posed by the Islamic State and other homegrown extremists. The official was not authorized to comment publicly.

The bulletins are frequently issued in advance of major U.S. holidays out of an abundance of caution and concern that operatives may exploit the timing to generate greater attention.

The warning comes as federal investigators have worked to disrupt a number of Islamic State-inspired plots, including a planned assault earlier this month on police officers in Boston. In that case, authorities fatally shot Usaamah Rahim as he allegedly planned to attack police with military-style knives.

Also this month, a New York suspect in a Islamic State-related terror investigation was arrested after attacking an FBI agent with a kitchen knife during a search of his home.

Fareed Mumuni, 21, was charged with attempted murder, after he emerged as a suspect in alleged plots to use pressure-cooker explosives and knives to attack police.

In a statement Friday following attacks in Tunisia, France and Kuwait, DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson said local law enforcement was being encouraged to be "vigilant and prepared'' in preparation for July 4th celebrations.

"We will also adjust security measures, seen and unseen, as necessary to protect the American people,'' Johnson said. "We continue to encourage all Americans to attend public events and celebrate this country during this summer season, but always remain vigilant.''...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/27/homeland-security-fbi-warn--possible-july-4-attacks/29389963/
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: 4th Of July Terrorism Warning
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 08:28:35 AM »
Open borders have allowed terrorists free access to the US.
any terror attacks come courtesy of Obama.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 10:07:31 PM »
Open borders have allowed terrorists free access to the US.
any terror attacks come courtesy of Obama.

Honestly I'm surprised that there haven't been any attacks on the various gay pride parades held annually around the country. One would think they are a prime target for the lunatics of Islam.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 03:55:28 AM »
All the focus on the gays and the Confederate flag yet and Trump's disdain for Mexico, yet the MSM seems to put this in the background.

Fourth of July terror warning issued by FBI, Homeland Security

Federal authorities have warned local law enforcement officials across the country about a heightened concern involving possible terror attacks targeting the July 4th holiday, a U.S. law enforcement official said.

While there was no specific or credible threat of attack, the official said the intelligence bulletin prepared by the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI alerted local colleagues to the ongoing threats posed by the Islamic State and other homegrown extremists. The official was not authorized to comment publicly.

The bulletins are frequently issued in advance of major U.S. holidays out of an abundance of caution and concern that operatives may exploit the timing to generate greater attention.

The warning comes as federal investigators have worked to disrupt a number of Islamic State-inspired plots, including a planned assault earlier this month on police officers in Boston. In that case, authorities fatally shot Usaamah Rahim as he allegedly planned to attack police with military-style knives.

Also this month, a New York suspect in a Islamic State-related terror investigation was arrested after attacking an FBI agent with a kitchen knife during a search of his home.

Fareed Mumuni, 21, was charged with attempted murder, after he emerged as a suspect in alleged plots to use pressure-cooker explosives and knives to attack police.

In a statement Friday following attacks in Tunisia, France and Kuwait, DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson said local law enforcement was being encouraged to be "vigilant and prepared'' in preparation for July 4th celebrations.

"We will also adjust security measures, seen and unseen, as necessary to protect the American people,'' Johnson said. "We continue to encourage all Americans to attend public events and celebrate this country during this summer season, but always remain vigilant.''...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/27/homeland-security-fbi-warn--possible-july-4-attacks/29389963/

:overreaction: :ohnoes: BAN ALL MILITARY ASSUALT KNIVES WITH BAYONET LUGS AND BLACK HANDLES!!!!ELEBINTY!!!! (/DUmode off)

I'm surprised there wasn't any call for that, They're already calling for the banning of kitchen knives in the UK, I figured this would be the next target of the DUches since it's popular to do in Europe.
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 11:29:43 AM »
It's not going to change any of my nonexistent plans.  It'd be nice if Obama blew out an artery worrying about it, but I know damn' well he hasn't devoted a second's thought to it, and won't.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 04:40:44 AM »
It's not going to change any of my nonexistent plans.  It'd be nice if Obama blew out an artery worrying about it, but I know damn' well he hasn't devoted a second's thought to it, and won't.

:yeahthat:

H5 as well.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.