Author Topic: Are taxpayers funding Yemen?  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Belle

Are taxpayers funding Yemen?
« on: June 03, 2015, 07:11:03 PM »
This AM, 11 raids took place @ Jefferson County convenience stores; "the officers and agents were armed with 242 search warrants and plans to arrest 17 suspects."

"...owners of numerous convenience stores in the Birmingham area have been buying EBT cards from those who have been issued the cards for roughly 50 cents on the dollar."

The store owners would then purchase goods from a wholesaler, bring them back to their stores & jack up the prices.  "In return, the person who sold their EBT card now had cash to buy items not allowed to be purchased under the government system, such as alcohol, tobacco and drugs."

"The massive probe, dubbed Operation T-bone, targeted those they say have been cheating the food stamp system to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars and sending at least some of the profits via wire transfer to Yemen."

We mustn't forget about the victims.  Deputy DA Cynthia Raulston:  "Part of the problem, in my opinion, is now they don't have their food stamps card so they don't have the money to take care of their families or themselves.  I think it's a huge cycle of remaining impoverished."

Check out the partial list of those arrested:  "Jowher Almnasoob, Abdulrahman Alqublani, Ismail Hassan Elnaham, Saleh Yahya Rowaid, Ramzi Jowher Ali Almansoob, Mujahed Jowher Ali Almansoob, Bashir Abosaleh Mohamed, Fouad Zamzami, Muneer Zindani, Sufyan Saleh, Mansoor Almansoob."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/06/fraud_ring_that_turned_ebt_car.html

Offline thundley4

Re: Are taxpayers funding Yemen?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 07:25:48 PM »
What's the problem? Hamas has been directly funded by the US for years.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 08:35:33 PM »
A lot of our tax money goes to the middle eat.
Either in oil revenues to the Saudis, or a aid to the rest of the arabs.

edit - t
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:45:44 AM by obumazombie »
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Belle

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 08:56:46 PM »
Yes, you're last 2 comments are true & correct.
But I guess this particular way of channeling money to Yemen really irked me.
& after all the corruption is shown, elected officials are still worried that they're not getting enough food stamps.
I suppose its just the Obama way.